Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Naked chicks, Satanism and subtitles of silent movie title cards.

Excellent film if you can put up with a silent movie. Billed as a documentary about witchcraft, the movie goes through a rundown of all the crazy medieval beliefs about witchcraft and all the crazy responses the Inquisition took against perceived sorcery. The movie's viewpoint is all over the map and you're never really sure what position the movie is trying to take until it wraps up everything at the very end with a pretty powerful message that tied it into modern day issues. It takes a very enlightened view of fearmongering and torture and it's possible my being impressed with their view has to do with my thinking they were more backwards and barbaric in 1922 than they really were, but there you have it.

Side notes: Originally censored the hell up because of naked chicks making out with Satan and kissing his anus and other bat-poo poo crazy stuff, I'm assuming the DVD's will have all that stuff put back in.

Cons: Moroder-ish techno music with a live DJ added because of the lack of a score when I saw it in the theater.

4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU