Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

But NJPW starts most cards with a Young Bucks match so clearly this isn't true.

On the other hand Extreme Rules is always horrible because you have poo poo like a STAIRS MATCH or 43 ladder matches before the main event which is a STAIRS LADDER match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

oatgan posted:

Extreme Rules is always a good show though

For some reason I said extreme rules when I meant TLC, which is actually the show that is all awful gimmick matches

Extreme Rules actually has normal matches or at least stuff like Last Man Standing/Steel Cage as opposed to Tables, Tables, and Tables

edit: although I had to look it up because I had this confused and the last extreme rules sucked too, it was the one with the loving chain match and the lovely Rollins/Orton cage match

I must have a Daniel Bryan level of concussions that I can't remember this far back

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Well ok, this actually owns

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Someone go to a WWE show, jump the rail, and try to pick up the stairs

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Running for president would put the Hulkster in the awkward position of being in the one profession where he lies less than his competition

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Stomper looks high as gently caress

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
That's probably the best picture of Hulk Hogan of all time

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The idea that you could bring in Mr. WWF as a face and have him loving bury Mr. NWA/WCW as a heel and expect him to be over as the ultraface with your fans was amazing. Thank god they were smart enough to have him go heel with the nWo

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Disco Inferno + Alex Wright was such a legit tag team though

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

I believe this was meant to be a joke. As in 'I'm bringing in a new monster...Kamala 2!!!' and then it's just Plowboy Frazier

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
WE GOT A FLYING FOLEY!!!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Crazy exaggeration is the lifeblood of wrestling anyway. I miss the glory days of HE MUST BE 7'5!!! when the Giant came out

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Possibly my favorite moment in WWE history is Michael Cole yelling HE COULD BE DEAD!!!!! when Vince McMahon fell off the side of the steel cage through a table

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Gorilla loving sucked at actually being an announcer, but it is really refreshing watching guys who actually had human interactions with each other instead of just reading hashtags for 3 hours

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm pretty sure someone from Tank's entourage picking a fight and getting their rear end kicked by people who were actually real fighters was a weekly occurrence back then

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
If I remember my old observers right, it was pretty much what you imagine. Tank was trying to pick a fight with Ken Shamrock so his guys were messing with the Shamrock camp, and unsurprisingly whatever unknown street fighter this guy was got his rear end handed to him by Frank Shamrock

I believe the whole thing went down at the cafeteria wherever UFC was being held, hence the nachos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Tank Abbot sucked, but he was over, so UFC tried to feed him lovely fighters (and he still was out of shape and lost to a lot of them)

Thank god his time in WCW was 10000x more entertaining than that