Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
"Sean O'Haire reaches the pinnacle of the WCW Power Plant ... probably wasn't too hard."

Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Karmine posted:

Do you think that Austin won the 95 KotR or that they were trying to make Mabel the biggest star ever?

It MIGHT be that he's making a joke. On a comedy forum.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

whatsabattle posted:

If the concept of Hulk Hogan playing the part of Ric Flair doesn't sound like a WCW idea then I don't know what the hell actually does.

Here everyone go look at some WCW promo pictures.

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2013/01/the-best-and-very-very-worst-of-vintage-wcw-promo-photos-part-1

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2013/01/the-best-and-very-very-worst-of-vintage-wcw-promo-photos-part-2

I had no idea WCW had a Chyna knock-off named Asya. The more you know

Also, holy gently caress these WCW gimmicks are amazing. Who the gently caress is Wild Cat Willie.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Santa With Muscles was the best movie he could star in. Rock starred in crappy movies while taking small roles in huge movies. I suspect Hogan's ego got in the way while Rocky is letting someone brilliant manage his acting career.

Rock has starred in a few movies that made a shitton of money. Granted they were crappy, but still.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Memento1979 posted:

Apparently it was Call of the Wild, Helldorado and Welcome to the Jungle as working titles, then The Rundown on release in basically the US only. I had no idea.

Also, Walking Tall was awesome.

It was The Rundown in Canada too. We're so exposed to American TV here, they could never get away with having a different name for an American film release, especially because you'll almost never find a Canadian movie in the major theater chains.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

If you haven't seen the rebirth of The Total Package you really should

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrEEv0GZNTM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

"Wow, what a moment."

- Tony Schiavone

Wait...that's the loving Shockmaster voice, isn't it?

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Family Guy is terrible upon first viewing, but so is pretty much everything Russo's done so I'll let the analogy slide

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
They didn't seem to give a gently caress about the match but the only thig they actually booed was the announcing of the draw/end of first OT iirc, and rightfully so. What the gently caress is the point of overtime in a single fall match, and why do it in intervals?

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ChampRamp posted:

Okerlund looks really good after all the dogshit interviewers we've had for the past decade.

Renee Young is great and a Canadian hero

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Carlton Banks posted:

I will never not laugh at nerdy Brock

Just the idea of someone trying to bully him, then winding up with his head punched off

The idea of Brock Lesnar punching someone in an upright position is pretty funny to me too

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Halloween Jack posted:

Did Kimbo replace Bob Sapp as the standard for glass-jawed monsters?

I don't think he had a glass jaw, he just sucked. Like for a backyard brawler, he actually had great technique, head movement, etc... But "great for a backyard brawler" doesn't mean poo poo against actual trained fighters. I always thought he had a good understanding of striking for someone who didnt train. Maybe he could have been a good boxer had he not started his career so late. Also Bob Sapp isn't so much a glass jawed monster as he is a diving coward.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I was never an MMA guy but I did watch those PPV's when Brock was fighting and I remember the heat he got from "MMA FansŪ" when he was winning was absolutely hilarious. I watched the Brock PPV's at a co-workers house which was full of hardcore UFC fans that were completely disgusted a "pro wrassler" was even competing in this legitimate contest. He then cut that famous heel promo after winning the belt and the dudes went even more crazy. They truly were the biggest marks.

No one with more than half a brain thought like this. Brock was dominant in combat sports well before he was a pro wrestler and unless you were a "just bleed" moron, you knew he had the tools to be great if he dedicated himself, which he did for the most part.

E: also the bud light promo was after he walked through Mir, beat Herring and knocked out Couture. If your friends thought he didn't belong in "legitimate competition" at that point they have brain damage.

Paulocaust fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 7, 2013

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I hope Brock's diverticulitis was causes by Pat Barry repeatedly kicking his stomach until his own poo poo leaked in it because he wasnt allowed to punch him in the face

E: but then I remember its because he was literally too stupid to eat a vegetable and I laugh even harder

Paulocaust fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 7, 2013

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

joshtothemaxx posted:

Shut up about Brock Lesnar in the WCW thread god drat.

Oh no, an actual conversation in a thread that gets like two posts a day. Shut up loser.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

haljordan posted:

Bonus points for it happening at an Every Time I Die show, a.k.a. the best band ever.

They're also playing the greatest song ever. Hearing that brings me back.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Wait, how is Ric Flair not a company man? He stuck with Jim Crockett/WCW for 26 years and constantly put JCP, Jim and David Crocket, etc over in every NWA promo he ever did. The only reason he even left WCW for a couple years is because he was fired for not taking a paycut, shaving his head and changing his name to "Spartacus".

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Just because he wasn't in WWE and TNA (who would be a company man there morons that's who) doesn't mean he wasn't the poster boy for wrestling company men for three decades prior.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Did you happen to ignore the very first sentence of my post?

No moron I ignored the whole thing

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ric Flair has lived an incredible life and I'm sure the only thing he wishes he could change is his son dying. The guy lived the dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Absolutely