Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Memento posted:

This is true. While we're on the subject though, how is it that a man that seems to run on pure dianabol and rage hasn't had his heart explode out of his chest by now? Surely one day he's going to be flexing his peaks and pleasing his freaks and it won't be able to take it anymore and just burst free from his ribcage and run screaming down the road.

He's a genetic freak and he's not normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Very on brand for Vampiro, then.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

But nWo was supposed to be 4 Ly...

https://twitter.com/urbanheretic187/status/1171822401811865601

motherfucker.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

overmind2000 posted:

I really hope that the next TEW WCW thread has a Booker T skeleton vs La Parka in a skull on a pole match

Would a WCW vs. WWF ([Again] though probably in a style that at first doesn't require thread interaction because the only person that should experience burnout is me, the idiot thinking of doing a TEW thread) thread be better or WCW welcomes Hogan (in the style of the Basic Chunnel thread) because I need to

shiksa posted:

my inclination is maybe a million dollars? but also they could be fighting over a sexy lady's phone number. actually that's better

I remember from the Bryan and Vinny that Hogan had a 500,000 dollar bounty that he doubled with 500,000 of his own money to make a million dollar bounty on himself. It was probably that.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

How on earth did Duggan have any kind of pull? He's was popular sure, but he was a popular midcarder.

The secret is everyone has pull if you are willing to just say gently caress it and gently caress you.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

You don't have to be blood related to be family.

I think from Mike Awesome's career in WCW, he clearly was not Hulk Hogan's family.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Hogan liked Awesome and that was one reason he gave him a lot during the feud with Kidman. Awesome only really got booked to hell after Hogan was out of the company.

That is a good point, I didn't actually think of the timeline of events when I said that.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Why do we call him surfer Sting? When I think of surfers, I don't think of a body builder with a bleached flat-top wearing a Sgt. Pepper jacket.

Bleach blond hair, being from Venice Beach, California, and his promo style being punctuated more by an energy rather than a verbiage seem to lead to a light surf vibe to me.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Coaaab posted:

okay everyone, how would YOU have booked the finishes?

Austin over Goldberg where Goldberg spears into the timerkeeper's area or the post hard enough (gimmicked) to visibly move it.
Sting over Undertaker after Undertaker is turned on by *rolls dice* Mideon and Viscera???, Sting and the Undertaker team up to murder Mideon and Viserca with their moves and pose together.
DDP over the Rock with the Diamond Cutter out of nowhere after the Rock has control for the majority of the match.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
the greatest night in the history of our sport.

jon moxley.

wrong thread.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I'm sorry but you didn't watch pre Russo WCW 1999 if you think it was worthwhile overall. The summer of 1999 is one of the worst products EVER. Kevin Nash's booking made the show complete torture to watch from hours without wrestling to masturbatory runs for him and his friends to just horrible idea after horrible idea. The only watchable thing in that summer is a feud based upon two wrestlers trying to put poop on each other (The Great Poop Feud of 99) and its sequel where Dennis Rodman and the Macho Man tried to get each other in the poop (Poop Feud 2.)

Well, I guess I've been sold on listening to the Monumental Podcast now.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
joke's on you; i actually love being mentally scarred by one perfectly awful wrestling show. and my mouth isn't filled with bloodm, it's victory wine

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Why the gently caress couldn't WCW have just given me Scott Norton, the shits.

DJExile posted:

Also hoooooooly poo poo I forgot how absolutely awful WCW was about pacing. Every single match on that card last night went at least 50% longer than it should have.

I mean, I actually love it when my wrestling show I am watching makes every match feel like it's going for thirty thousand years and makes me question mortality and the nature of the sport of wrestling, oh and then some idiot in black gear puts on a rest hold.

How was Hak vs. Knobbs like the best put together match until Bill DeMott showed up (after the bell which I don't know if that made it worse or better compared to the other run-ins).

Remember when Dean Malenko turned on Benoit and Saturn to help the Jersey Duumvirate win the belts and no one acknowledged that that was what happened.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Nobody had anything of substance on that show aside from Benoit/Saturn vs. DDP/Kanyon, and even then the way the laid out the match they were stretching the cool moves DDP and Kanyon had to their absolute limit when they could have started hot with Benoit doing cool moves into the heat, but at least they all had cool things.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
oh no.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Wait, how do you NAME A SHOW after a stable and then break up the stable before the show happens?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's Eric "Burn Every Candle from Every End for the weakest revenue stream because number go up" Bischoff.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

coconono posted:

Brian Adams has exactly one match on NJPW world and I was hella bummed when I learned this.

What is the match? Was it good?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Kronik or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Adam Bomb

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
MRT, can you confirm or deny WCW 2021 is Tuesday Nitro gaining sentience.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, wasn't the big thing that Bischoff did his job and got the creative accounting to work in WCW's favor in 1995.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Why is Sting suplexing Al Davis?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It helps that Bischoff's AEW gimmick is "arrives, undermines Jericho in some way, leaves" so when Jericho is a heel he works as a babyface making Jericho look like the fool he is in a cameo.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
the running gag of "wrestling fans want to loving watch the style of wrestling they are used to and now whatever the gently caress the wwf is doing" throughout history is very good.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

El Generico posted:

It really is the absurd cherry on top of the Fingerpoke, like an entrance making fun of pyro and the pomp and circumstance of entrances before the event that makes fun of the fans for investing in storylines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
If Only the WCW Frog could have hopped to greener pastures.