Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Red posted:

Whoa! That sounds glorious, I can't believe I've never seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GSRrXyrjUSk#t=180

The long-term build up to Starrcade 97 had some really great moments in it. I absolutely ate all that stuff up as kid and vividly remember watching every Nitro waiting for him to show up out of nowhere to run off the NWO and point at Hogan with a bat.

Real shame about that match, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I can't decide what's more disarming, Cholo Hogan or the brief period where he "grew" a crewcut out of nowhere.

Hogan's crew cut was pretty bad, but it also gave us this:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Perfidus posted:

Wait. Hulk got hair plugs or something back then?

At Halloween Havoc 96 Hogan came out to wrestle in a wig, during the match Savage stole it and put it on himself.

rotinaj posted:

I can say with confidence that nothing important ever ever happened on Thunder ever

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

I liked that joke because it implies that HHH jobbed to a ghost.

He basically did at Survivor Series.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Bischoff/WCW's desperation to glom onto any possible aspect of Hollywood is endlessly fascinating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz1DHgdVKeE

Rick Steiner's jacket saves this segment

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

the Stairs match justified the existence of Tables and Ladders and Chairs and Stairs

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

That's probably the best picture of Hulk Hogan of all time

Counterpoints:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Now find that picture of fat Jimmy Hart eating a cheeseburger on a street corner with Hogan next to him

Can't find it either but here's Jimmy Hart surveying his domain

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Regrettable posted:

Lol, i meant the one trying not to bump and then making it look like poo poo when he didn't have a choice. Or was he just that inept?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U-M8nnGJxY

It's David Flair and, yeah, he was that inept

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

He changed it to Major Stash, which ruins the "joke" and made it so he was the second in the group along with Major Gunns.

I swear Vince Russo is actually Vincent Adultman. His sense of humor has never risen above middle school.

"So there's a tag team, right? And they smoke *looks around* WEED! Like all the time, bro, just smoking the pot. So they can make jokes, like it's always 4:20. What? It doesn't matter if it's AM or PM, that's not the point. So their finishing move is going to be...get this...High Times! You know, like the magazine, High Times? Anyway, I'm going to call them...the Ganja Twins"

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Tato posted:

Thank you for the raft pics. Wcw is the gift that keeps on giving!

I'm still hunting for that fall brawl advertisement that said something to the effect of "we're the ad company and they won't tell us who's there! For gods sake don't miss it!"

It's a lot harder to find than the birdshit ad. At this point I'm thinking it must have been in one of those monthly booklets some ppv companies would send to you if you had a ppv set top box. No clue where one could find that poo poo.

I think the bird poo poo ad was posted here before, but I've never seen a full page scan so I'm not sure about the authenticity

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

:ssh: tato was the one who dug up the bird poo poo ad

Well slap my head and call me Ryback because I'm dumb as gently caress

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

That random show on the Network detailing the background details of some big PPV (Mania?) where you see a security desk and there's a picture of Scott Steiner with a warning not to let him into the building :discourse:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

Hogan's case was the front for Peter Thiel to wipe Gawker out of existence for saying mean things about him. I don't really want vampire billionaires shutting down (unionized!) news outlets they don't like, even if they're trashy tabloids.

It should also be pointed out that "vampire" is completely literal in Thiel's case

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Defiance Industries posted:

Thiel v. Gawker is like Stalin v. Hitler. Thiel is an rear end in a top hat but he was briefly pointed at the right target.

How appropriate that someone defends The Ultimate Solution in the WCW thread

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

BGrifter posted:

1997 Nitro rules.

It really, really does

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Bischoff's a prick but him selling for Sting's helicopter at one of the spring break Nitros is one of my favorite wrestling memories

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
I wish I was Goldberg's husky son

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Chris Jericho loving rules

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Yinlock posted:

he can write some good stories whenever he's not huffing a bag of his own farts, which is rarely

Lol

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1248627103555346432

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Defiance Industries posted:

CM Punk smiling seems like such a foreign concept now.

I dunno, he seems pretty happy

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

:wcw:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Maigius posted:

TNA had action figures? I'm surprised they spent the money.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
The support beams were a visual metaphor for Super Shredder's quads. It's cinema.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Was there a particular reason a bunch of people were popping quads all around the same time? It seems Triple H, Nash, and Vince all seemed to tear theirs within a couple years of one another.

steroids

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

DJExile posted:

That was loving great. Spoke like 3 lines, got the night off, and was outta there. Peak Nash.

"Why don't you take the night off?" sums up his career so well

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Sandman McMahon posted:

I was introduced to a lady at a wedding a few years ago because her husband was a wrestler in the 70’s. I forget the specifics (I was very drunk) but after he retired, her husband started a gym in Florida that a bunch of wrestlers would hang out at, and I guess they were all friends or whatever.
Anyway, she was very excited to talk about how she was friends with (among others) The Rocks Mom and had hung out with The Rock a bunch, I guess got to know him pretty well. So everybody around is all excited to hear this lady tell stories about the famous actor she knows, which admittedly is cool, but then she casually mentions this other wrestler that she is friends with, one she was pretty sure I’d never heard of, a guy who used to wrestle under the name Meng.

I was marking out bro.

So again, I reiterate that I was very drunk. My questions might not have been exactly coherent, my memories are certainly... foggy, but I’ll never forget the moment I had been waiting for, I asked the question:

“So I heard he bit a guys nose off one time?”

“Oh my god... how do you even know about that??” She seemed surprised, like it was some family secret nobody was supposed to know.

But nobody else wanted to hear about the time some wrestler bit a dudes nose off, so the conversation moved on and I had to leave to deal with my then-girlfriend, who was also very, very drunk. Good times.

lmao that rules

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

Goldberg - WWF guy, like Goldberg is a Vince idea.

what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
The last thing MK11 needs is more Rousey dialogue