Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
2 weeks later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIE17LiND1c&feature=related

Featuring Disco in the nWo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I've got that entire Nitro. I'll see about uploading it.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Here's the videos of the nWo dismantling the set I promised earlier plus the immediate aftermath of a botched motorcycle gift and an awkward limo thing.

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bVKtq3ulaI
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFyzfSPSYtA (8:50 "Wrong one, goddamn")
Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8GFWunRMlI

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 6, 2010

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Are we getting a new WCW show to watch tonight? I always look forward to that.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 17, 2010

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Skinty McEdger posted:

Booker T vs Jeff Jarrett - 49'ers match for the held up world title vacated by former champion Vince Russo. It was a mystery box on a pole match that two men qualified for by winning a tag match earlier in the show.

Also the last match Russo ever booked in WCW.

Words don't do it justice.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2taco_bookert-vs-jeff-jarrettwcw-title_sport

Thanks for reminding me how completely lovely Mark Madden was.

Scott Hudson: "Jarret's using the box as a weapon..."

Madden: "Maybe he's taking up boxing! :v:"

:ughh:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Did they seriously do next to nothing with The Giant for the last few months in WCW?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Lone Rogue posted:

Slamboree 98 probably gets my vote.

I remember liking it, especially The Outsiders split, which was definitely one of the more over parts of the show. Have this on VHS and haven't watched for a while though, so I may be talking out of my rear end. I forget the Savage/Hart match, was that good? Also, McMahon/Bischoff was so wild at the time, yet so smart. What if he actually showed up? Had to have at least gotten a few buys off of that angle. Though, I think the ratings had just made the switch WCW would never recover from, so they were probably just desperate.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 08:33 on May 22, 2012

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Flameingblack posted:

I just heard David Flair say "He [Hogan] treats me like a father" :v:

:siren: Beetle Adventure RRRRRRRACING :siren:
Yeah, that was some crazy advertising.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Konnan was over? Never realized.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Zybysko ribbing on Schiavone is hilarious. "You are SO MUCH better than Shivonyyy"

Now they keep interrupting Jericho's promo to make "shut up and wrestle" comments. Nice.

:siren: Spring Stampede starting now! :siren:

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 05:54 on May 23, 2012

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
What in the hell was the WCW Slam Society?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
:stare: I had no idea Sandman had a WCW run. Man, this is bad. Feuding with Fit Finlay in a hardcore match. The gently caress.

Schiavone just said "Finlay has been to all of the countries in England. :downs:"

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Sotar posted:

It's probably gonna get really bad really fast.

Bitchoff wouldn't get off of the show. It was swerve city, Russo would have been pleased if he was there at the time.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 24, 2012

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The stream is now showing the May 24, 1999 edition of Nitro. Guess it's a little neat to see. Until they had the "In memory of Owen Hart" thing before the show. That's just sad. Was classy at least, not something WCW is known for.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
:siren: El Dandy spotted! :siren:

Flair: "I'm going to make you a bigger Latin star than Rey Misterio Jr. and Eddie Guerrero". :stare:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Quasipox posted:

Oh my god, guys! Dean Malenko said push, they know the lingo and they know we know.

:stare:

Edit: Gotta love this Sting/Luger promo, which mentions how often Sting has been betrayed.

Edit 2: HAHAHAHA. The grand opening of the Nitro Grill!

Haha, the Nitro Grill. So successful it closed a little more than a year later.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Did anyone ever have a WCW Mastercard?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Turned on the stream just now to see chimps commentating. Great.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Flair was pretty good in this heel run. "SHUT UP FAT BOY!" and little naitch are fantastic.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

bobkatt013 posted:

That whole episode should be on in. That was the same episode that they spent a good hour taking down and putting up a new set.
Please tell me there's a clip of this somewhere.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
No one should be surprised, Hogan will only put over himself and that's all he was doing in that segment.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

bobkatt013 posted:

It might not of been an hour but it felt like it.

Here is the nitro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvVIEmNSZWk
There's no set dismantling in this video. Does everyone remember this wrong or something?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

ColeM posted:

The user who uploaded the video got rid of that portion of the show. Believe me its terrible and boring. So i understand why.
Found it anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bVKtq3ulaI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The Part 2 video features the motorcycle segment, where some idiot drags out Bitchoff's motorcycle again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFyzfSPSYtA&sns=tw

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 31, 2012

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
This discussion got me thinking: Did anything of significance ever happen at any of the Uncensored PPVs? Always seemed to be a mediocre show.

CVagts posted:

Man, I forgot how many dreadful WCW PPVs there were. Tempted to compile a best/worst PPV ever thread.
I could go for that.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
What about Fall Brawl 99? I remember plenty of people back then talking about how awful it was. I mean, it was the odd PPV that was in between the Bischoff and Russo era, so I really don't know what to think having not seeing it. Also the first FB without a WarGames match, which had to have sucked.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 2, 2012

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I've heard this lately. What exactly do you mean by better? I tried watching TNA around Jan or Feb, and was confused by various convoluted storylines. I finally turned it off after seeing Sting repeatedly falling down while walking down the aisle (I found out later it was his Joker gimmick).

Conversely, I happened to stumble across the ROH tv show a few weeks ago during the day, and while it looked like the production was straight out of high school A/V, the action in the ring was loving AWESOME.

If anything, the ROH stuff reminded me of old WCW. The action was very physical with a more "real" style, and the production was poo poo.

They mean it's improved like, within the last two months. I do find some of the comments to be exaggerated though. It's not miles better than WWE, it just actually makes some sense now. It still needs a lot of work, but it's watchable now and it certainly wasn't even just a few months ago. I'd say give it a shot because they seem to actually be trying now. It's also live for the summer, and that helps quite a bit too.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Love these back issues. Have the rumblings of Nitro started yet?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

quote:

The Randy Savage heel turn is now scheduled for around the spring of 1996.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Late August/Early September 2009

Here's the link if you can't find it. (The Observer archive is horribly organized)

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Welp, new back issue is up and how's that Austin guy doing these days?

quote:

Those of you waiting for the reformation of the Hollywood Blonds, don't hold your breath. Steve Austin is out for at least another five weeks with a muscle tear in his arm. By that point if there is a new booker and that idea was from the old booker (well, actually it wasn't but it was the old booker who was planning it) so you know how those things go. Not saying it isn't going to happen, just don't bet money on it.

Pfffft. That jobber. Also, more on that new show that'll probably last 5 years at most.

quote:

Bischoff first wouldn't confirm the Monday Night TNT show, then talked a lot about it but acted as if the Monday night was just a coincidence with Raw asking why wouldn't we want to try it if we were offered a slot in prime time?

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Sep 6, 2012

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I never thought of it this way, but that makes perfect sense.
The GAY community?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Just found out that the Thunder theme song was not original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4AJYog_s2s&t=96s

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
In the Nitro synchtube there was some discussion about WCW trading cards. I have an entire display set of WCW Nitro cards, and I don't even know what to think of some of them. Here's an old picture I took of just two of them but I can dig out more (and scan them in) if anyone is interested.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Arbite posted:

Let me guess, this story was dropped with no resolution?

Well, the very next Nitro was the reboot of the company so I'd be willing to bet that happened.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Just finished watching the Nwo The Revolution doc on Netflix and it seemed like they skimmed over a lot of stuff. This time around, they blamed the Wolfpac for the undoing of the Nwo. Did people legit not think the Nwo was a wrestling angle? They're acting as if the Wolfpac was the doom because it made the whole thing just another wrestling angle.

I know I was only 12 or something back then but I loved the Wolfpac because I was a face mark and I finally started cheering for Nash and the other bad guys that joined. That whole idea was cool to me until they disbanded it and then reformed it with Hogan. That's what ruined the angle for me and made me stop watching WCW regularly. Now which thing did they not talk about that also triggered the reformation of the Wolfpac with Hogan? The Fingerpoke of Doom.

Also, they skimmed over the WWF version of the Nwo which I don't think gave it enough credit. I had stopped watching WWF during the Invasion and that was the angle that brought me back. I know it didn't last long and it was only to stroke McMadman's ego but it was good enough to retain my interest for a while.

Overall, good documentary and worth watching if you were a fan although I wish they fleshed things out a bit more instead of just saying "Nwo was DIFFERENT hurr" every couple of minutes. Cody Rhodes and Mike Mcgillicutty telling stories about their dads being there was really neat. Especially Cody's story about him hating his dad after he turned at Souled Out 98.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Tato posted:

Do they give any coverage to the nWo B-team or explain why the gently caress guys like Vincent, Brian Adams, Scott Norton, and Stevie Ray were inducted into a premiere heel group? The nepotism that ballooned the nWo roster is just one in a laundry list of things they did to gently caress up the nWo, but it should be mentioned.

Nope, except for "Everyone wanted to be in because it was so hot!"

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Bischoff said in the rise and fall of WCW (Or maybe it was legends of wrestling) that he low balled Luger hard to convince him not to come to WCW but Luger still accepted the offer.

I remember this from the Monday Night War DVD. Now that piece of work is another story entirely, but I remember that line.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

triplexpac posted:

Hmmm I might have to be in for this, if the big boys are playing...

That was last night.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I found a synchtube alternative called https://www.togethertube.com

Seems pretty good, and almost like Synchtube, it just only accepts Youtube videos (which shouldn't be a problem really). Has chat and syncing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I was such a Kevin Nash fan as a kid, so probably that. No idea why.