Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Exhaust, seat, mirrors and fog lights are all revolting and extremely poorly done

Rest of it is ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Did the thing and traded my old LS400 for a 2016 CBR300 with just under 5k miles. Going to shake it down and do anything that needs done over the winter but so far so good, the muffler is currently on the floor but there! And I think I still have a set of mirrors from back in the day when I built bikes for Honda but so far so good imo considering I bought that car for $700

https://imgur.com/gallery/hMkvmYz

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

PleasantDirge posted:

Did the thing and traded my old LS400 for a 2016 CBR300 with just under 5k miles. Going to shake it down and do anything that needs done over the winter but so far so good, the muffler is currently on the floor but there! And I think I still have a set of mirrors from back in the day when I built bikes for Honda but so far so good imo considering I bought that car for $700

https://imgur.com/gallery/hMkvmYz

That's a CB300F no?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

opengl posted:

That's a CB300F no?

You are 100% correct, my buddy just pointed that out a min ago to me. I'm a 4 wheels dude not a 2 wheels dude but im trying!

Invalido
Dec 28, 2005

BICHAELING
My first bike was a 2016 Honda cbr300r. Looks like very much the same bike as yours but with more fairings. Anyways it was a great learner bike for me and the only thing I didn't like about it was the fairings and the sport bike style mirrors.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Honda's naming scheme is particularly obnoxious, here is a CB300R but also we sell a CBR300R, we jammed one extra R in there to make it obvious

and that's just current model schemes, if you go back you have to sort out the CBFs, CBs, and apparently like with your bike they were using Fs instead of Rs to complicate it further! Total alphabet soup even by motorcycle naming standards

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Bring back actual motorcycle names.

Bandit, Superhawk, Titan, Yamahopper, all good names

We sort of have it (hayabusa, ninja, etc), but it could be better

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Trademark laws ruining everyone's fun, again

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Remember Hodaka?

Combat wombat, Thunder dog, Road Toad, super rat, dirt squirt!

I'm not even old enough to have been exposed to them when they came out so I can say with zero nostalgia tinting my view that those are some of the most kick rear end names for dirt bikes I have ever seen

Invalido posted:

My first bike was a 2016 Honda cbr300r. Looks like very much the same bike as yours but with more fairings. Anyways it was a great learner bike for me and the only thing I didn't like about it was the fairings and the sport bike style mirrors.

I found my extra set of mirrors but they are for an interstate iirc and too big for my lil' sport bike guy so good news! I get to pick my own but in the mean time I'm going to swap my spare set for something that fits w/ my friend

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 18, 2023

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

When I was a kid I got given a photo book of all the world's premier dirt bikes, published before I was born, and the only two names I remember are combat wombat and ossa plonker

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

lamo. welp. seems perfect then. good execution and everything

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I saw the bike and immediately thought of the "The shoes are a bit much" twitter chain, but lol

Phy fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 18, 2023

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Beve Stuscemi posted:

And they all need to capture the aesthetic of the raw gay horsepower meme

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Honda's naming scheme is particularly obnoxious, here is a CB300R but also we sell a CBR300R, we jammed one extra R in there to make it obvious

and that's just current model schemes, if you go back you have to sort out the CBFs, CBs, and apparently like with your bike they were using Fs instead of Rs to complicate it further! Total alphabet soup even by motorcycle naming standards

Behold the CBR1000RR-R

https://powersports.honda.com/motorcycle/supersport/cbr1000rr-r-fireblade-sp

How are you even supposed to say it out loud? Onomatopoeia?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

See Bee Ar One Kay Double-Ar and then you fart if you're able, if not then you need to pause before vocalizing that last "R" (try to store them up to save time).

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

T Zero posted:

Behold the CBR1000RR-R

Cee-bee-all-the-arrs

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Slavvy posted:

Trademark laws ruining everyone's fun, again

Also laziness. Selling a model worldwide, if you want to use the same name in multiple locations you need to be really careful about names and local meanings. A letter-number salad is less likely to fall afoul of something like that.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Also laziness. Selling a model worldwide, if you want to use the same name in multiple locations you need to be really careful about names and local meanings. A letter-number salad is less likely to fall afoul of something like that.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

This is an incredible action movie, highly recommend.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Exactly what I was thinking

Russian Bear posted:

This is an incredible action movie, highly recommend.

It really is. If you want to watch a movie that really presents the British in an accurate, and historic light, this is the movie to watch.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

T Zero posted:

Behold the CBR1000RR-R

the Honda mothership went a little hard on Talk Like a Pirate Day

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

only $5000!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Grom?

It's always a Grom

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I always laugh at the Groms that sit on marketplace for months or years at like $8k because some nitwit was not only dumb enough to dump that much into a grom but also expecting to get their money back when selling it.

Oh and they without fail are always lowered and stretched, ruining the one thing the grom has going for it.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
The only ethical Grom mods are those on my Monkey :smugdog:

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

That motorcycle is literally unusable right? No weight on it yet and the exhaust is touching the ground, like what the hell

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yup

I don't get it either

It's like they were trying to come up with something even dumber and more useless than a chopper

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

I have two theories for how they got to that gas station, either they unloaded it from a trailer, or they reached it gradually in a long series of counter-clockwise spirals.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'm also amused by the Brembo rear caliper on the front

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

That’s the Brembo-nehead upgrade.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slavvy posted:

I'm also amused by the Brembo rear caliper on the front

I don’t want to be fair to the seller, but to be fair to the seller that’s probably more than enough brake for it.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Speaking of dumping way too much money into a cheap bike, here's a $10k Monkey https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/636878288360613

quote:

2022 Honda Monkey 125 ABS 125AN Open Checkbook Build, Thousands In Extras!!! - $9,995

125cc SOHC Air Cooled Single Cyl Engine. 5-Speed Wide Ratio Transmission. Pearl Black Paint. 2,243 Miles.

See Video Here: https://youtu.be/11gT5Mz0BVI?si=EZowGPns550VAwWV

Extras Include:
Performance improvements ($4,650+ not including labor):
- OVER Racing GP Performance Full Titanium Exhaust with Electronic db Killer 700
- Chimera Short Ram Air Intake w/K&N filter 135
- Vertex High Comp Piston Kit
- STR Camshaft 125
- DHM Stage 3 ECU (HCP, intake, exhaust & cam) 200
- Nology Ignition Coil, Spark Plug Wire & Spark Plug 200
- Kitaco Super Oil Cooler 300
- Chimera Oil Filter Cover 80
- Chimera Tappet Valve Cover 140
- Avail Motorsports Cam Cover Vent 75
- Chimera Billet Cam Cover 85
- Chimera Lifter Clutch Plate & High Tension Springs 90
- Superlite Sprocket Set & Chain 150
- OVER Racing OV Type Swingarm 450
- Ohlins Piggyback Rear Shocks 850
- Gold Anodized Forks from Yellow Monkey 500
- Ohlins Mini Cartridge/ Springs 300
- Chimera Clip-on Plate 160
- Woodcraft Clip-on Handlebars 160
- Galfer Stainless Brake Lines 100
- Galfer Front and Rear Discs 250

Cosmetic, etc. Improvements (3,150+ installation)
- PUIG Hypernaked Billet Mirrors 300
- OPMID Electronic Speedo/Tach/Gear Indicator 350
- Front Cowl, Body Color Black and Carbon 200
- MNNTHBX Front Turn Signals 75
- MonQey King Belly Pan 180
- OVER Racing Front Fender Mount Bracket 125
- Composimo Tank Riser Kit 80
- Monkey Stictched Custom Cafe Racer Seat 240
- Kitaco Body Color Front Fender 175
- Chimera Clutch Cover Guard 150
- Chimera Tappet Valve Cover Set 140
- Chimera Clutch Cable Bracket 55
- Chimera Oil Filter Cover 80
- OVER Racing Side Cover 180
- OVER Racing Engine Sliders 175
- Gold Anodized Levers 60
- Billet Front Sprocket Guard 60
- Blaster X Tail Light with Integrated Signals 125
- Kitaco Rear Fender Black Body Color 175
- MNNTHBX Rear Turn Signals 75
- Yoshimura Fender Eliminator Kit 150

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Those are nice parts but lmao

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I'm thinking that Grom has an air suspension on the rear - not bags, but an air-adjustable shock or something. the sort of poo poo you'd see on a slammed bagger

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

opengl posted:

Speaking of dumping way too much money into a cheap bike, here's a $10k Monkey https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/636878288360613

boy, with all those mods they probably took it from 9 horsepower all the way up to 10.5 horsepower. screamin

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Hey man that's a 15% gain so if you think about it, it's money well spent

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
I'm trying to imagine proudly leading my ad with 125cc SOHC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
I found this abomination on Reddit and it won’t leave my brain so now you have to see it, too:

quote:

Deus custom build the the 790 kit installed. I posted up in our local sledding Facebook groups having a laugh at the bike being for sale, and we’re all guess as to what has happened for a dr650 chopper conversion. On of our group members that does custom builds provided some more insight: “The story is actually way worse than it looks. He bought the Deus DR790, pulled all the bodywork off it and started chopping it into this. No drugs, and seemed like a nice guy. I bought the old Deus bodywork off him when he chucked it on marketplace and had to shed a read when I saw where he was at with it.”