Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

So is the NDRA dream basically dead now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Every dream is dead, RIP bull market

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Time to Stay The Course with my new allocations based on a revised risk tolerance

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

QuarkJets posted:

So is the NDRA dream basically dead now

Ideally, that dream's catalyst will result in a larger pop than SOFI's so far.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
It seems like $goon was a really good pump and dump scheme for someone, because I keep laughin at how it's now worth less than before the bull run of 2021

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
I made money on NDRA :shrug:

(Not as much as I'm down on SOFI though)

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Watch NDRA get FDA approval in a bear market and go from $.5 to $.8

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LibCrusher posted:

Watch NDRA get FDA approval in a bear market and go from $.5 to $.8

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

NDRA is going up 60% you say? Buying more

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Just checked my CB and it’s 2.3

L m
A
O

900 shares

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
At least $goon bag shareholders have the FDA thing to hope for.

No idea what GME bagholders must be hoping for, besides complete miracles?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

jeeves posted:

Every day I read the front pages of superstonk and gme_meltdown.

The copium is off the charts, it’s very satisfying.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

pmchem posted:

my statement was not an "either/or": it was an "and". "there is about zero chance of sofi having both a p/e of 15 and a price of $28 in 2025."

ah-hah yes a parlay bet, i heard about this in that adam sandler netflix nyc jewler movie last year

:psyboom::psyboom::69snypa: double headshot :golfclap:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

jeeves posted:

At least $goon bag shareholders have the FDA thing to hope for.

I’m hoping it stays above $5 so my obligation to but 100000 shares expires worthless lol. Tomorrow is the day.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Sofi doing things so that’s fun

movax
Aug 30, 2008

The Big Jesus posted:

Sofi doing things so that’s fun

Some of the numbers are even green, whoa!!!!

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

r.i.p. my plans to buy a $15c 4/2023 for $430 this morning

But uh yeah up 11.5% overall on my portfolio YoY

Can't wait for it to wildly osculate back down, then up again

Prime Sinister
Mar 23, 2005

tony scare
I closed out half of my LEAPs today and sold a few covered calls. I'm not gonna make the same mistake of not cashing in a little on this run-up.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

RBLX at a nice price. Might ride that train again up to $115 again.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Rolo posted:

I forgot I’m still holding a NDRA bag from months ago. Everyone still holding or should I just take my huge loss?

I sold in early January and I’m gonna buy it back after the wash sale time is up.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

So PTON's gonna stop making bikes and treadmills.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

pixaal posted:

So PTON's gonna stop making bikes and treadmills.

Stock to 0 when?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

DoubleT2172 posted:

Stock to 0 when?

awhile, they still have subscriptions and can start making more if demand returns. Maybe they'll finally actually make money instead of lose it if they are just taking money and can run a skeleton crew for 20-30 years and keep the current people from remembering to cancel. I'm not sure that pivot is a real option but I think that might be what they are attempting.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

numberoneposter posted:

RBLX at a nice price. Might ride that train again up to $115 again.

My tweens say spending money to win Roblox games is super lame and said not to buy them gift cards.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

They (PTON) even have a giant production facility they’re still building in Ohio that won’t be finished until 2023. What a waste.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

Elephanthead posted:

My tweens say spending money to win Roblox games is super lame and said not to buy them gift cards.

My pre-tweens beg to spend their allowance on it, promising that the $20 they want to dump into it will "last months" then we do it and it is gone by the end of the week when they buy the in-game currency that you don't even have to pay for but can earn just for playing then we don't let them put any more money in.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thank god video game companies hadn’t figured out how to be predatory yet when I was a kid.

I do remember buying an Everquest account off eBay when I was like 14, and just being given a lovely account with nothing that was promised in the eBay listing.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

RCarr posted:

Thank god video game companies hadn’t figured out how to be predatory yet when I was a kid.

I do remember buying an Everquest account off eBay when I was like 14, and just being given a lovely account with nothing that was promised in the eBay listing.

Look you just sell your Diablo 2 items on eBay to pay for your Starcraft and then run a bot every night so you can buy Brood War when it comes out.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

pixaal posted:

Look you just sell your Diablo 2 items on eBay to pay for your Starcraft and then run a bot every night so you can buy Brood War when it comes out.

Me and my buddies were part of a ring that would multibox and spawn super rare enemies and sell the items they drop on eBay. Super good money/hr as a teenager to play video games

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RCarr posted:

I'm betting you're not so old that arcades didn't exist when you were a kid. Maybe you fitted into that gap between when arcades stopped being popular, and before online gaming started... but even then, Nintendo flogged magazines, merch, there were cheat code cart plugin things, the endless cycle of throw-away franchise games that sold themselves based on how cool the main character was... not to mention cereal, cartoons, etc.

Everything sold to kids has always been exploitative to some degree, is what I'm getting at.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I'm betting you're not so old that arcades didn't exist when you were a kid. Maybe you fitted into that gap between when arcades stopped being popular, and before online gaming started... but even then, Nintendo flogged magazines, merch, there were cheat code cart plugin things, the endless cycle of throw-away franchise games that sold themselves based on how cool the main character was... not to mention cereal, cartoons, etc.

Everything sold to kids has always been exploitative to some degree, is what I'm getting at.

I’m mid-30’s so I definitely remember having a Nintendo Power subscription, having a GameShark/Game Genie, etc.

But at least all those things you actually got something tangible for your money.

Charging $20 for a different color hat or some poo poo is just infinitely more predatory.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

I bet the overlap of people who're in this thread and who ran auction house or eve trading empires 10-15 years ago is pretty high

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Nosre posted:

I bet the overlap of people who're in this thread and who ran auction house or eve trading empires 10-15 years ago is pretty high

Last stuff I sold was Diablo 3 RMAH, my total spent on games, consoles, and computers is just now starting to catch up with the income from them.

I sold stuff in a lot of games when I no longer needed it and was playing the bleeding edge.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

What caused todays afternoon rug pull?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Cacafuego posted:

What caused todays afternoon rug pull?

Too many people bought calls.

quote:

During the last five trading days, volume in put options has lagged volume in call options by 68.10% as investors make bullish bets in their portfolios. This is among the lowest levels of put buying seen during the last two years, indicating extreme greed on the part of investors.

Also war in the Ukraine; general tech dumping; people being afraid of NFLX earnings; Fed Reserve taper; Fed Reserve rate hiking expected; the bubble popping

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Also war in the Ukraine; general tech dumping; people being afraid of NFLX earnings; Fed Reserve taper; Fed Reserve rate hiking expected; the bubble popping

Right, but over the past few days the market has been up in the AM and dropped off a cliff after 1pm. That stuff has been going on so why the AM highs and the rug pulls in the afternoons?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Nosre posted:

God I miss getting people over the barrel in WoW auction house and getting screamed at constantly for cornering rare material markets. they still bought though lol

I enjoyed that more than the actual game

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Arzakon posted:

My pre-tweens beg to spend their allowance on it, promising that the $20 they want to dump into it will "last months" then we do it and it is gone by the end of the week when they buy the in-game currency that you don't even have to pay for but can earn just for playing then we don't let them put any more money in.

I got my kids Roblox premium, but as part of the deal they can't ask me for any Robux ever again. They get 1000 on the 15th of every month, and that's it. They haven't asked for any off cycle Robux since I started doing that.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Cacafuego posted:

Right, but over the past few days the market has been up in the AM and dropped off a cliff after 1pm. That stuff has been going on so why the AM highs and the rug pulls in the afternoons?

:shrug: Short covering sparking a buying frenzy? Options rolling off? Feverish bulls addicted to nonstop buying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

skipdogg posted:

I got my kids Roblox premium, but as part of the deal they can't ask me for any Robux ever again. They get 1000 on the 15th of every month, and that's it. They haven't asked for any off cycle Robux since I started doing that.

I feel like Roblox is Nazi Germany and Roblox premium is Poland in this scenario