Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
The phone has a built-in browser which seems to be very slow (in terms of data processing) to many. It can download files of any format but cannot open SIS, SVG, WAV, MP3, MP4 etc. files. It downloads many files which are Copyright Protected. These files cannot be sent via MMS. This phone supports MMS under 100 kilobytes. The Java games or applications must be under 120 kb otherwise the phone cannot run them. It has a memory shortage and often causes Java applications to stop due to the lack of RAM.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
While the Ghostbusters' dialogue indicates that the accelerator system operates similarly to a cyclotron (and indeed Dr. Peter Venkman refers to the proton packs in one scene as "unlicensed nuclear accelerators"),[3] modern particle accelerators produce well collimated particle beams.[6] This is far different from the beam from a proton pack, which tends to undulate wildly (though it still stays within the general area at which the user is aiming). The proton stream is quite destructive to physical objects, and can cause extensive property damage.[3]

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
Happy Feet 3

In a November 2011 interview, Miller was asked if he had any plans for Happy Feet Three.[24] He replied by saying: "if you put a gun to my head and said, 'You have to come up with a story for Happy Feet 3,' I’d say shoot me. I would have no idea. I really would have no idea. The stories creep up on you. You just have to allow the stories to come, and then they get in like little ear worms in your head and they won’t go away. If that happens and we’ve got the energy, we’ll do a third one. If it doesn’t happen, it doesn’t happen. That’s the only way you can do it. It has to be authentic. I really wanted to make this film better than the first one. Otherwise, at my age, what’s the point? You really want to make it better. If something comes up that’s really exciting and I can convey that enthusiasm to other people, then there would be a third one."

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I love that it’s the same response he had to a new mad max when he put out the first happy feet

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
he’s awesome and that’s not worthless

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
happy feet 2 tanked so hard that it killed george miller's animation studio

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/McShittles

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

That last quote :eyepop:

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

English blends | English lemmas | English proper nouns | English vulgarities | English derogatory terms | English informal terms | English terms with rare senses | English terms with quotations

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Sense: widespread chain of fast food restaurants

Synonyms

Maccas (Australian, slang)
Maccies (UK, slang)
Maccy D's (UK, slang)
McDs (slang)
McDungheap's (slang, derogatory)
McHell (slang, derogatory)
McShit (vulgar, derogatory, informal)
McShithole (vulgar, derogatory, informal)
McShittles (vulgar, derogatory, informal, rare)
McShits (vulgar, derogatory, informal)
Mickey D (slang)
Mickey D's (slang)
The Golden Arches (slang)

Hypernyms

restaurant

See also

Thesaurus:restaurant

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Mick Dizzle's

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

mcdød

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

quote:

Petrov's suspicion that the warning system was malfunctioning was confirmed when no missile in fact arrived.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

1972, and people still occasionally refer to 5 and 10p coins as a bob or two bob (the one shilling and two shilling coins were kept the same size and design when decimalised to help ease the conversion), even if they were born after then. it's only the fact that they're effectively useless to buy anything on their own that's killed it off as common slang

the modern term "dollar" partially comes from pre-decimal curriencies like the spanish dólar. this is why a quarter has the slang name of "two bits", as a "bit" referred to a single "piece of eight". this use of "bit" may have been instrumental in the development of the "shave and a haircut" jingle, so it's a very important part of history to remember

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shave_and_a_Haircut

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
computers would be so much more fun if we called bits pieces of eight

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

my hard drive is one teradollar

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

one of the untold gems of Wikipedia: articles that are obviously someone's book report

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

quote:

They then begin to develop romantic feelings for each other and have sex, but unbeknownst to them, they are in a room that is zero-gravity and time dilated. They age rapidly and eventually die. Kate finds the corpses floating in the air, still in mid-coitus.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I hate when that happens.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

File:Cheesed to meet you.jpg
This is a file from the Wikimedia Commons. Information from its description page there is shown below.
Commons is a freely licensed media file repository. You can help.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I hate when that happens.

it's ok, it happens to a lot of guys

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Malloc Voidstar posted:

File:Cheesed to meet you.jpg
This is a file from the Wikimedia Commons. Information from its description page there is shown below.
Commons is a freely licensed media file repository. You can help.

I am not helping this

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Even so, a person witnessing such an event (especially if he or she were wearing the trousers) would likely describe such a sudden event as an explosion.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

All three passed, because they hated the script.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Amazing

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is like the opposite of what this thread should be about.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Weitzman was awarded the Heart of a Chompian Award on the March 30, 2017 episode of the Doughboys podcast. Despite this, on the August 1, 2019 episode of Doughboys, Weitzman was formally banned from returning by hosts Nick Wiger and Mike Mitchell and guest R.J. Fried.[14]

On July 23, 2019, multiple news outlets picked up the story of a seemingly pristine Double-Double from In-N-Out Burger found on the streets of Queens, New York City, over 1,500 miles from the nearest In-N-Out.[15] Several NBC affiliates specified that the burger was "not Armen style", referring to Weitzman's topping order of half grilled onions, half raw onions, which was popularized through Doughboys.[16][17]

Weitzman's philosophy and catchphrase is the Weitzman-invented word "karf",[18] for which he formerly held the trademark.[19]

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This is like the opposite of what this thread should be about.

for a while on 9/11 wiki page there was a subsection about things that defined the 2000s, and it included photo of paris hilton with her thong sticking out the back of her pants lmao.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Each generator produces enough electrical power to power over 200,000 100-watt light bulbs, about 15,500 kilowatts of electrical power.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

polyester concept posted:

for a while on 9/11 wiki page there was a subsection about things that defined the 2000s, and it included photo of paris hilton with her thong sticking out the back of her pants lmao.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whale_tail

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018

Whale tail has been listed as one of the Social sciences and society good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Each generator produces enough electrical power to power over 200,000 100-watt light bulbs, about 15,500 kilowatts of electrical power.

wait a second

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Wrong thread.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:wrong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Although most users shake the ball before turning it upright, the instructions warn against doing so to avoid white bubbles. Many users find entertainment with this device. It has continued to be a popular gift item since its release.