Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meow Cadet
May 2, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

TipsyMc posted:

I Like Killing Flies - Is awesome. It is a documentary about Shopsin's restaurant in NYC. Kenny Shopsin just may be the greatest philosopher of our generation.

I just watched this. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meow Cadet
May 2, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
We really liked 'World's Greatest Dad' too. It's not the best film ever, but it's 90 minutes well spent.

Meow Cadet
May 2, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

dik-dik posted:

I'm glad I can finally watch Spaced (not that I couldn't before, obviously, but Netflix has made me way too lazy to go out and rent/buy physical media or even torrent movies).

Thanks for this. Spaced was not even on my radar, I'm not sure I've heard of it before. But I just watched the first episode and it's right up my alley.

Meow Cadet
May 2, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

trapped mouse posted:

I like watching stand-up specials. I saw that Maria Bamford had one on Nextflix. I recognized her from Arrested Development, and I was curious about the description, so I put it on.

First off, it's not really stand-up, it's more like performance art. She's performing to an audience of only her parents, at her own house. The jokes are all strange and seem to lack any actual humor, just focusing on total strangeness. It's audience torture, plain and simple. Imagine if Samuel Beckett did stand-up comedy. On one hand, I'm gonna ask that nobody actually click on it, as I'm sure they make revenue off every click. On the other, it seems so surreal that it would be nice to have someone else confirm that it actually exists. Also, I'm curious if it gets any better, as I had to turn it off after about 15 minutes.
Yes it exists. I love Maria Bamford's stand up from previous experience, but this 'Special' is probably not a good way to introduce yourself to her.

• Locked thread