Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Finally got around to watching Undefeated and goddamn, why did it take me so long to watch this thing?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Werner Herzog is back to bum you out with a doc about texting and driving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BqFkRwdFZ0

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

nocal posted:

And since I don't recall posting this, a few months back I watched The Great Happiness Space. It's about Japanese "host" clubs (IIRC), which are basically identical to the infamous hostess clubs: patrons pay for companionship in a bar. It's culturally kind of unique, but there's a certain allure to it, where you kinda sorta pay for extended foreplay. There is a significant, sad twist: most of the female patrons are prostitutes, and pay a *lot* of money for, essentially, false male friendships.

This is one of my favorite docs despite being depressing as hell.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

shock.wav posted:

West of Memphis

ahem...HOW THE HELL WAS THIS ALLOWED TO CONTINUE FOR 18 YEARS?????

That is all.

See: Paradise Lost

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

First trailer for How to Build a Time Machine:

http://filmjunk.com/2014/05/06/jay-cheels-how-to-build-a-time-machine-trailer/

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

I don't know if this would be better placed in here or in the self-promotion (however, it's not mine) thread, but a friend of mine is having a local premier for his documentary this Friday in Austin and it's ~free~

It's also ~weird~ but I suppose that goes to say given Austin and whatnot.

https://vimeo.com/70824892

And if you happen to be in Amsterdam on June 10th, you could check it out there.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Dr.Caligari posted:

Has anyone made it out to see Jodorowsky's Dune yet?

I did, it's very good... had to go twice because my first screening had a crazy person yelling at the screen, which I now realize would have probably enhanced the movie had I stuck around.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Limo Ride. NSFW. Looks awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH3hClY6H3k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Sagacity posted:

I'm not sure if any of you remember internet phenomenon Ullillillia? Anyway, a documentary was made about him somewhere around 2012 but because the documentary makers were inexperienced they more or less messed it up, ran out of funds and that was that.

The documentary never got released, until yesterday when they uploaded the complete doc to YouTube!

I haven't watched it yet, so I can't comment on the quality, but I'm very curious.

Go check it out!

I watched it (and made a post in GBS) and it’s clearly a rough cut of a student film, but I appreciate it for what it is... could have completely done without the flood aspect since it relates to the Ulillillia story in almost no way other than impacting his ability to attend the state fair.

Any sequences in his room - especially his pizza degreasing - are wonderfully gross and boggling.