Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
That's a surprisingly great longform Buzzfeed article about that case too. Had no idea there's a doc about it, I'll have to check it out.

Mahoning posted:

It's hard to believe that it's been almost 16 years and there has still been no definitive documentary about September 11th. At this point I almost feel like Ken Burns is the only documentarian that would capture the scope and magnitude of that day. Maybe I'm wrong.

The History channel documentary 102 Minutes That Changed America is one of my favourite films and absolutely worth tracking down.

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

There was another one called 9'11'01 that's mostly archival footage and I'm now convinced it was one of those Youtube deals.

Let me know if you ever find it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Allyn posted:

June 17th, 1994 for sure

Absolutely. It's one of my favourite films, period.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Has anyone watched LA 92? I saw a trailer for it and meant to keep an eye out for it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

HyperNormalisation is basically a must-watch. Its length and density and, at times, abstractness gives it kind of a fever dream quality sometimes.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Seems odd to think that music can't work well in different contexts.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

mod sassinator posted:

The dude has been nominated for multiple academy awards and won quite a few emmys. I think it's safe to say Ken Burns knows what he's doing more than random people on the internet.

This explains why Jim Parsons is the funniest man in the world.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Mahoning posted:

So then why is your posting about it so bad?

edit: Also LOL at a living relative that vividly remembers that period. As if that matters. My parents graduated high school in 68 and 69. My mom knew one of the victims of the KSU shooting. They thought it was a perfectly fair representation of the period. My dad called it one of the best things he ever watched. Your bullshit opinion does not matter one bit to me.

Are you always a giant baby when someone isn't 100 percent on a thing you like?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Mahoning posted:

You haven’t posted a single opinion about the documentary but thanks for the moderation. Me losing my temper about really dumb opinions doesn’t make your posts automatically good.

Why don't you explain why a pretty mild alternate opinion from yours is making you so weirdly angry?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Billy Mitchell has been officially outed as a fraud, and I have chosen to exploit this opportunity to fondly remember an all-time great documentary character, Brian Kuh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTj7NSHVwSk

Just lol if you haven't been spending the day blasting this clip to every group DM

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

The three Paradise Lost movies are must-watches. West of Memphis -- produced by Peter Jackson -- is actually good too. Obviously not as in-depth as the Paradise Lost films though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Has anyone watched American Factory on Netflix? Is it worth checking out?