Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Cassandra was one of the former #1's who was awakened to fight against the rebelling Claymores. The one who went around crabwalking using tentacles with her own head on them to attack. She was the only one to survive that battle, and was drawn towards Priscilla afterwards. I forget the specifics but Priscilla ended up absorbing her when it was all said and done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I guess that shows why it was Cassandra who survived instead of the much more interesting serial killer #1. She sure as hell wouldn't have gracefully accepted defeat.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

Cassandra was one of the former #1's who was awakened to fight against the rebelling Claymores. The one who went around crabwalking using tentacles with her own head on them to attack. She was the only one to survive that battle, and was drawn towards Priscilla afterwards. I forget the specifics but Priscilla ended up absorbing her when it was all said and done.

She was reanimated with a bit of Priscilla, so when Priscilla's main body was killed she regenerated from the piece within Cassandra. Eating her from the inside out. Yuma and the others tried to pull her out real self earlier using synchro, which probably helped somehow?
I tried to explain this to my wife as I was reading it with her next to me. This did not go well.

I liked Cassandra a lot, though part of that like of course came from her combo with Roxanne. So I really liked the closure this chapter gave her even if the way she reemerged was a bit silly.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

She was reanimated with a bit of Priscilla, so when Priscilla's main body was killed she regenerated from the piece within Cassandra. Eating her from the inside out. Yuma and the others tried to pull her out real self earlier using synchro, which probably helped somehow?
I tried to explain this to my wife as I was reading it with her next to me. This did not go well.

I liked Cassandra a lot, though part of that like of course came from her combo with Roxanne. So I really liked the closure this chapter gave her even if the way she reemerged was a bit silly.

Cassandra don't need no (wo)man.

This was a really nice chapter. Very smooth and flowing, as opposed to the Priscilla slog we've been going through. And Teresa still remains most awesome character.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The interplay between Claymore was always more interesting than the actual main antagonist of the story. People like Ophelia and Roxanne were much much more interesting than Priscilla ever was. I think having a monster as an enemy is inherently less interesting than a human working through duplicity, we've always known Priscilla's limits as an enemy. She is dumb as a doorknob and just brute forces everything. Isley and Riful were much more interesting since they were just basically playing chess with each other and the main characters got caught in the way.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
We never found out just what the hell happened to Riful, did we? I mean, why did she show up as a brain-dead monster with Dauf's stake powers?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Oh dear it's going to be the power of love is stronger than hate isn't it?

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Nah, just the power of being really strong. Looks like this is over next chapter.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This is a good ending.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So, Priscilla is every 90s JRPG final boss I guess.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, Clare was barely the main character for over half of the entire manga. So I guess it is fitting that she gives up the role entirely for the ending.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Sindai posted:

This is a good ending.

I halfway forget about this anime every couple of months, and I just caught up after not reading since 148 or so. This is definitely shaping up to be a really solid ending, and that makes me super happy. Teresa is the best.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Claymore has been on fire lately.

I'm worried it will end soon as a series. I'd really like to see the warriors leave the island but I think we won't get that far.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I'm just about positive that leaving the island will be the epilogue/last chapter. Get on the boat and sail off to further adventure and possible sequel.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Claymore Z. gently caress yeah.

Then again, this series has been 13 years running.

It would be cool if Claymore ended and segwayed into the mangaka's next series...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There isn't really any reason for them to leave the island, though. This certainly looks like an ending to me.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

There isn't really any reason for them to leave the island, though. This certainly looks like an ending to me.

I can't see them living happily ever after on the island. Plus having the dragon's kin overrun humanity seems like a foreshadowed threat.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Thoren posted:

I can't see them living happily ever after on the island. Plus having the dragon's kin overrun humanity seems like a foreshadowed threat.

They haven't ever bothered with the island before, and just because they are on the other side of a war doesn't mean the dragonkin are assholes. Their enemies certainly are, but all we know about the dragonkin is that they are strong.

A plot hook to take them off the island would be very easily introduced, but having them live peacefully is a pretty happy ending. Heck, if they concentrate on sealing away their powers it is entirely possible that none of the surviving claymores would ever awaken.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's also implied in I think the Viz translations that the war was between humans, it's just that the dragonkin allied with one of the sides. So they aren't really a force that set out to wipe out humans. At any rate, the last thing the claymores would want is to throw themselves into a conflict which doesn't concern them.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

.Clash posted:

Nah, just the power of being really strong. Looks like this is over next chapter.

I think it's just that Teresa is way too good and only died originally because she didn't expect Priscilla to freak out like that but isn't gonna be fooled twice.

Also I'd be shocked if the remaining Claymores went to the other war, the last thing they want is to encourage people to keep doing this loving experiment.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Latest chapter is out:

http://readms.com/r/claymore/152/2434/1

And I love how Helen begged Theresa to finished Priscilla off before she regenerates and Theresa just stood there and said, 'Nah, it's cool, I got this :smug:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Thoren posted:

Claymore Z. gently caress yeah.

Then again, this series has been 13 years running.

It would be cool if Claymore ended and segwayed into the mangaka's next series...

Only if by his next series you're referring to a spiritual sequel to Angel Densetsu. Claymore is good, but it's really a shame for an author so talented at comedy to do something without much comedy in it. Angel Densetsu is easily one of the top ~3 or so funniest manga I've ever read.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Ytlaya posted:

Only if by his next series you're referring to a spiritual sequel to Angel Densetsu. Claymore is good, but it's really a shame for an author so talented at comedy to do something without much comedy in it. Angel Densetsu is easily one of the top ~3 or so funniest manga I've ever read.

Claymore High School. Same characters, but they're all Japanese High Schoolers. They even have the same abilities!

You know, I was thinking about this the other day, but Helen really reminds me of a character from Legend of an Angel. Just kind of the way she reacts to stuff, it really reminds me of one of Seiichiro's friends.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Newest chapter: http://readms.com/r/claymore/153/2482/1

So, not redbull, but power of friendship is what gives you wings, huh

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Bernardo Orel posted:

Newest chapter: http://readms.com/r/claymore/153/2482/1

So, not redbull, but power of friendship is what gives you wings, huh

I'm really liking the fight being an increasingly distorted Priscilla vs a (relatively) normal Theresa/Claire and I hope it keeps up, especially since up 'til recently Priscilla was so normal and boring looking compared to the other awakened beings.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's kind of hilarious how DBZ-ish this has gotten, with all these transformations and peanut gallery commentary.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

It's kind of hilarious how DBZ-ish this has gotten, with all these transformations and peanut gallery commentary.

I kind of love it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Haha of course she awakens into an angel.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Sindai posted:

With

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyoCwV3EiHc&t=115s

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Sindai posted:

Well, she is the goddess Teresa after all :rolleyes:

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sindai posted:

I figured it would have been Clare to do it since Priscilla is looks like the same thing but evil.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Is there even really a story anymore? Fullmetal Alchemist ran for a while too, but it had an overarching plot that ended with no major plot points left left open.

I still don't even know who the individual warriors are.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

They already beat Priscilla story wise when she lost her mind. This is just an excuse to have a kicking rad battle between the two strongest characters in the story.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Plus, more awesome monster spreads.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

KittenofDoom posted:

Is there even really a story anymore? Fullmetal Alchemist ran for a while too, but it had an overarching plot that ended with no major plot points left left open.

The major plot is being resolved at the moment. Really all that is left is Rubel and the leftover Yoma and awakened that roam the land. You'll probably get a splash spread during the denouement talking about how Miria takes over and does a final sweep of the island for free to clear them. How Rubel and the mainland comes into play is the last tossup, I'm pretty sure his only concern was the lab and since that is out of play he and the powers on the mainland could no longer give a gently caress about the boondocks.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
For a moment I thought Teresa was going to awaken back into a superpowered Clare. Her being an angel is somewhat dissappointing. I´m still very much enjoying seeing the unbeatable Priscilla getting stomped. :)

YouTuber posted:

The major plot is being resolved at the moment. Really all that is left is Rubel and the leftover Yoma and awakened that roam the land. You'll probably get a splash spread during the denouement talking about how Miria takes over and does a final sweep of the island for free to clear them. How Rubel and the mainland comes into play is the last tossup, I'm pretty sure his only concern was the lab and since that is out of play he and the powers on the mainland could no longer give a gently caress about the boondocks.

This is Claymore a spread telling us what happened after is just going to read: "The mainland bombed the island deeming it a failed experiment." THE END.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
Those smug rear end smirks Teresa keeps shooting are hilarious. Oh no whatever will Teresa do Priscilla is invisible!? :rolleyes:

Everyone yelling and her nonchalance is adorable.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Basically, I feel that the mangaka is making up for taking Teresa away from us early on. We missed out on the awesomeness of Teresa for like a bizillion chapters. Now, she's back and is better than ever. Boy, did I ever miss you, Teresa. Welcome back. You're like an angel....

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
On one hand, Clare (supposedly the protagonist) was ultimately nothing but a Teresa delivery system. On the other hand, Clare was never all that interesting and Teresa rocks, so who cares?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimBobDole
Nov 6, 2005

'Tis the season.
We are getting Teresa in proper amounts. If we had her more, she would have been boring.

• Locked thread