Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
The worst part of writing in library books is when someone really dumb had the book before you. I got Light in August out of my University library and there were entire paragraphs underlined with notes like "racism!" and "symbol!". Thanks retard.

Who are these people that they don't have other paper to take notes on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

maxnmona posted:

many readers of literature do so outside of an institutional setting in which they are forced to read good writing in exchange for a paper they believe will get them money and social standing. many of these readers have even graduated from college and are no longer in any sort of academic institution at all (I went to college.).

Actually, literally no one would read anything other than fantasy & sci-fi if given the choice.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

LooseChanj posted:

Well why are we swamped with such things? I imagine it's mighty discouraging when you're looking to discuss War & Peace and only get a couple replies while the grrm thread is clocking a couple hundred a day. Especially when those replies are poo poo posting trolls. People have different tastes, and it's not surprising that there are popular convergence points like grrm.

What is this supposed to mean?

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

maxnmona posted:

*scans book barn* What the? Doesn't anyone read fantasy in this place??

Any interest for a "How do you approach fantasy?" thread?