Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Edit: wrong thread, sorry. :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Pride & Prejudice & Zombies and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Killer were great books, but I'm feeling a little trepidation about his Seth Grahame-Smith's next book. It will be either amazingly good or horrifyingly bad.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005SCR5R6/ref=pe_174260_23257570_nrn_desc

quote:

They're an iconic part of history's most celebrated birth. But what do we really know about the Three Kings of the Nativity, besides the fact that they followed a star to Bethlehem bearing strange gifts? The Bible has little to say about this enigmatic trio. But leave it to Seth Grahame-Smith, the brilliant and twisted mind behind Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies to take a little mystery, bend a little history, and weave an epic tale.

In Grahame-Smith's telling, the so-called "Three Wise Men" are infamous thieves, led by the dark, murderous Balthazar. After a daring escape from Herod's prison, they stumble upon the famous manger and its newborn king. The last thing Balthazar needs is to be slowed down by young Joseph, Mary and their infant. But when Herod's men begin to slaughter the first born in Judea, he has no choice but to help them escape to Egypt.

It's the beginning of an adventure that will see them fight the last magical creatures of the Old Testament; cross paths with biblical figures like Pontius Pilate and John the Baptist; and finally deliver them to Egypt. It may just be the greatest story never told.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Are you sure?

Ok lets rephrase that. They were extremely enjoyable fun books.

I've read lots of great literature that I appreciated on an intellectual level which I did not particularly enjoy.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
This book sounds interesting

https://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/1212569252982591489

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Some of those books are great, especially the biographies.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Megazver posted:

I think people's brains worked different back then. We've been rewired by the internet.

I like wordy descriptive books. I love stuff like GRRM's depictions of medieval feasts or RJ detailing the backstory of every random villager from Emonds Field. (Not being ironic.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/outspanned/status/1440279968554967057