Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Psion posted:

I went looking through news and haven't turned up any stories of actual repossession but if the deadline on the 10th passes without an investor I imagine it'd be basically instant at that point?

bunch of 737 NGs that people can wet lease now to replace MAXes eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

A Dutch F16 shot itself.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/04/dutch-f-16-takes-cannon-fire-from-itself/

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

I would say survivor's guilt, but it was a Belgian F-16 that shot another F-16 on the tarmac.

Aeronautical insanity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk126KImewc

The alarms now tell you what sector faces incoming so people don't do this poo poo as much. Not to mention hobby dones/RC is extremely banned at military sites now.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Speaking of 107, couple good behind the scenes posts in GiP recently.

EBB posted:

Love the guy wagging his finger as he runs away. This gives a better view of the type of thing they're doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bZqPBAaEWU

"Is that the poo poo they shoot at us?!"

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
New F-15 render is a chonker. But it also promises 10x2xG plus tanks, conformal and otherwise.

https://twitter.com/ValerieInsinna/status/1116008825197223937

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

mlmp08 posted:

New F-15 render is a chonker. But it also promises 10x2xG plus tanks, conformal and otherwise.

https://twitter.com/ValerieInsinna/status/1116008825197223937

Oh Lawd he comin’

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I like that the Fatbird Dinosaur meme has spread to aviation

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
In all seriousness, for a lot of other countries that might consider a “new” F-15, mega gas bags plus ordnance is more attractive than sick-nasty turn radii.

A tanker fleet is expensive, and you can’t always count on a benefactor with tankers if you want to protect your skies and/or bomb the locals/neighbors you don’t like.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

mlmp08 posted:

I would say survivor's guilt, but it was a Belgian F-16 that shot another F-16 on the tarmac.

Aeronautical insanity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk126KImewc

The alarms now tell you what sector faces incoming so people don't do this poo poo as much. Not to mention hobby dones/RC is extremely banned at military sites now.

Goddamn there's a lot of :goonsay: shade thrown on guns in that article.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
Su-35 has 1600 km combat radius on internal fuel.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

INTJ Mastermind posted:

Su-35 has 1600 km combat radius on internal fuel.

As long as that combat radius is an H-H-H profile with just the gun or wingtip heaters, in all likelihood.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

priznat posted:

Oh Lawd he comin’

Starscream? More like Icescream, am I right?

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer
derek davison
@dwdavison
Very tense situation unfolding in the Pacific. If Russia or China were to get their hands on wreckage of this crashed F-35 there's an extremely high risk that they will build their own $1.5 trillion aircraft that doesn't work.

11:23 AM - Apr 10, 2019

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

priznat posted:

Oh Lawd he comin’

At what point is Boeing going to give in and name it the F15 Max?

Seriously this thing has as much in common with the F15A as the Max does with the 737-100. Boeing needs to retire these stupid naming systems and just register new air frames.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
It almost as if they don’t have any real competition :thunk:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Aargh posted:

At what point is Boeing going to give in and name it the F15 Max?

Seriously this thing has as much in common with the F15A as the Max does with the 737-100. Boeing needs to retire these stupid naming systems and just register new air frames.

Bug->Rhino is worse.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
F-15 Beagle

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

F-15 Sky Fucker or GTFO. :colbert:

Butt Reactor
Oct 6, 2005

Even in zero gravity, you're an asshole.
Who had Jet airways in the airline death pool?

CNN: Debt-stricken Jet Airways cancels all long-haul international flights.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/12/business/jet-india-international-flight-scli-intl/index.html

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Found one benefit of a toddler having a meltdown across the aisle from you.

I had a silent-but-deadly I let go (had to, tried to hold but couldn't) and it was a terrible eye-waterer, but everyone, including the parents, thought it was the kid loading his diaper.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Butt Reactor posted:

Who had Jet airways in the airline death pool?

CNN: Debt-stricken Jet Airways cancels all long-haul international flights.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/12/business/jet-india-international-flight-scli-intl/index.html

I flew them from Mumbai to Delhi and it was not a good experience.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

slidebite posted:

Found one benefit of a toddler having a meltdown across the aisle from you.

I had a silent-but-deadly I let go (had to, tried to hold but couldn't) and it was a terrible eye-waterer, but everyone, including the parents, thought it was the kid loading his diaper.

You couldn't go to the bathroom like a normal well adjusted human being? You're stuck in a tin can with a couple of hundred of other people for what feels like days and you need to poison the air? I bet you also fart in elevators.

vessbot
Jun 17, 2005
I don't like you because you're dangerous
Who goes to the bathroom just for a fart?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

vessbot posted:

Who goes to the bathroom just for a fart?

Never trust a fart.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

MrYenko posted:

Never trust a fart.

vessbot
Jun 17, 2005
I guess I always played life fast and loose...

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

MrYenko posted:

Never trust a fart.

This man knows what he's talking about.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Look at y’all with your weak intestinal systems.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Papa didn't tell you what he told me/
Boy you need sphincter control.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

e.pilot posted:

Look at y’all with your weak intestinal systems.

Someone bought a taco bell party pack one night last week. Most of them got eaten but the rest of them just sat in the area until the next morning. One of the guys I work with rolled in, saw that there were still tacos from the night before, and loving ate one for breakfast. He was somehow fine.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

vessbot posted:

I guess I always played life fast and loose...

Nah just hadn't seen the dread 30s yet. This forum's longstanding rep for pants making GBS threads is only gonna get stronger as the years sail on.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I’m almost 34 and have never uncontrollably poo poo my pants as long as I can remember.

Fun fact, I’ve also never pooped on an airplane.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I just turned 34 and the only time I remember uncontrollably making GBS threads my pants was when I was 12 while very, very drunk.

Have shat in plane: facilities 2/5, tp 0/5, peanuts 5/5.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I spent the entire ride through the Chunnel making GBS threads my insides out at 175mph while under the English Channel.

I was in the bathroom all the way from Ashford to Aire-sur-la-Lys or whatever.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

I sharted when I had salmonella -- otherwise doing pretty good on that count. You're welcome, airplane thread. Namaste.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

e.pilot posted:

I’m almost 34 and have never uncontrollably poo poo my pants as long as I can remember.

Fun fact, I’ve also never pooped on an airplane.

Well last time one of you tried it, you got locked out...

vessbot
Jun 17, 2005
Didn't used to think that hovering was possible in a twin turbofan airliner, but it is and I have pooped in one.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
On a somewhat related note, not having any washrooms between the gate and customs for international arrivals is understandable in one sense, but horribly sadistic in another.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

PT6A posted:

On a somewhat related note, not having any washrooms between the gate and customs for international arrivals is understandable in one sense, but horribly sadistic in another.

That depends on the airport so it isn't a hard and fast rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

That depends on the airport so it isn't a hard and fast rule.

Huh. Well YUL can gently caress off and die, then.