Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Daytripper is a book you need to absolutely be reading. Written and drawn by Gabriel Ba and Fabio Moon, who were the pencils behind Casanova. Daytripper is the story of Bras, and his journey through life, the ups and the downs, visiting moments in no particular order. At four issues in, we've seen some previous events referenced, but really the power from these books comes not from the overall narrative, but in the delicate and insightful way these slice of life episodes encourage you to take a moment and truly examine not only your existence, but also the world around you.

If you don't read this book, we are blood enemies.

^burtle fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 19, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

If you aren't reading Daytripper, you are some kind of godless heathen that has never known joy, love, happiness or experienced life.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

iZombie was pretty rad, looks good, feels fresh, I'll wait and see how the arc develops. It is certainly a semi-original take on the adventures through memories deal.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Unwritten #12, one-shot of the year.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

FirstCongoWar posted:

That page when you see what's locked away is just... drat. I'm glad Taters got me to read Unwritten, it's loving stellar, second only to Daytripper as far as vertigo goes.

Every comic is second to Daytripper.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Vertigo does HCs on completed or runs that are very lengthy.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Daytripper is the best comic on the market right now. Each month just gets more and more spectacular, but I'm really anxious about the people who are going to get the trade, slam it in an hour and miss the point.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I just finished the first volume of Demo and I was floored. Absolutely fantastic stuff. Now to decide if I want to wait for the second volume in trade or try and find the singles.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Jason Aaron might be Marvel's best writer.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Image doesn't specialize in adult comics, but offers plenty of great "independent" titles as well including Invincible, Chew, Four Eyes, The Walking Dead and Jonathan Hickman's creator own work, at least until he gets pulled into the Icon line.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

4 and then the first trade just came out like two weeks ago.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Kick-rear end, Nemesis and I think Superior are through Icon.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

iZombie is awesome, you're nuts.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Go grab the second one and become a believer.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I sorta wonder how Joe the Barb would perceived if it wasn't a G-Mo comic. It has been fun to look at I guess, but sort of boring.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I finished up The Invisibles yesterday, drat that was a wild read.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Like those Indians, I'm an Indian too.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Fables is notorious for being good until they have to resolve something and then it seems to fall flat. After 75 issues they finally decided to take down the Empire and somehow a giant war with an airship powered by flying carpets was boring as hell.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Finished the second Sweet Tooth trade, Lemire is such a great storyteller but gottdamn sometimes his art just transforms into pure ugly.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Goddamn, Scalped is a brutal read. It makes 100 Bullets look tame and uneventful.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Neither does the rest of the industry.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

SkellingTon Loc posted:

Minor nitpick, but does anyone else think that maybe Aaron is overdoing the part where he has a couple having a conversation where they're thinking the opposite of what they're saying?

If you are talking about the guy and his sick wife that is one of the best issues of the series. He perfectly nailed a couple that has been married for a long, long time, is still in love and just really, truly, suffering.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Daytripper is the rare comic that does not read better collected.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Start with New York Four which is the girls' first semester. It isn't really hipster boner fueled, but more NYC boner fueled. It is really more a story about family, love and going out into the world for the first time kind of stuff.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Cole Burns vs Wylie Times, who is cooler?

Answer: Victory Ray

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Scalped is the better comic but Unwritten definitely has more imagination and probably even enjoyability.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

You guys are surprised that DC is adapting a rape filled story? :V

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Was Taters posted:

His art is AWESOME. Just don't read anything he says.

Never agreed with you more.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I feel 180 degrees different than you and my post history will reveal that I have no heart or soul. Sweet Tooth is an emotional loving journey.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Sean Murphy sure can draw a pretty vampire book.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Vertigo Books actually end which gives them a sense of timelessness that Batman comics lack.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I supported iZombie for a few trades worth of singles but Mike Allred really is wasted on that book.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Can you tell me who the professor was so I can write them an e-mail and thank them? I love that book so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Pope Guilty posted:

Considering that the premise of Preacher is that God is a sadistic narcissist who abandoned humanity, I'm honestly kind of surprised AMC wants to touch that poo poo with a 10-foot pole.

Comics are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ right now.

• Locked thread