Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I'm becoming aware of Doc McStuffins lately. It feels likely something that's just months or weeks away from exploding and taking over the world for a while like Dora did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

NSFW due to language.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
For me, TTGo is something I watch sparingly. I can handle one or two episodes at a time but more than that kind of grates on me a little. That said, for the duration of those one or two episodes I'm usually laughing my rear end off.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I got in a conversation at work about cartoon show we all watched as kids. They were younger so they mentioned Spongebob. I remembered watching reruns of the old 1964 Hanna-Barbara cartoon, Jonny Quest. The thing I remember being the coolest about Jonny Quest is that characters died on that show for real. Not graphically, but when the villain fired his laser cannon at Jonny and Jonny reflected it back toward him with a mirror, the villain's ship blew completely the gently caress up with him and his crew on it. There was none of that namby-pamby GIJOE "everyone parachutes to safety out of exploding planes" poo poo. Jonny Quest would kill your rear end.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

uncleKitchener posted:

Anyone remember SWAT Kats? I remember it being a fun show, but haven't watched it in more than a decade, so I don't know if it has aged well or not, considering it's been more than 10 years since it last aired. I never watched the whole show since I was too distracted with HBO Spawn.

Both the old and the CN Johnny Quest shows were cool boy cartoons. I'm surprised they don't do any reruns of those shows, thought they're a bit dated these days. On the other hand, thew heroes actually managed to outright murder or seriously cripple a villain's operations while facing serious danger.

Also, without Jonny Quest, we wouldn't have Venture Brothers.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I kind of miss Code Name: Kids Next Door.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The humour in SU is so much better that it's not even funny (ironically enough).

Also, Steven Universe has no problem switching tones with ease. It can go from goofy humor to screaming horror to brutal sadness on a dime and still be excellent.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Pretty much a video compilation of Steven Universe scenes which could/should be album covers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VadDF5uKJNw

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I sat all the way through the Wander Over Yonder season premiere and it was worth it for Lord Dominator.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Whiz Palace posted:

Someone said the show's finally popular now that they have an attractive female character, and they're probably right.

That wasn't really it for me. I liked that Lord Dominator was a total gamer-style nerd and that reveal clarified her earlier actions (her overpowered vessel and minions, her total concentration and ability to completely ignore Wander's distractions, her efficient response to intruders aboard her ship. I also liked that the person who saved the heroes was Commander Peepers and that Wander was completely irrelevant to saving the day this time.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Mr Interweb posted:

That's strange though cause she went from voicing an anthropomorphic rabbit to an anthropomorphic uh....cat(?) thing. Furthermore, why would quitting the show do anything? If the dude was already obsessed with her, you'd think he would still be obsessed regardless if she stopped voicing that character.

The guy was obsessed with the character. Since we don't live in the reality of The Purple Rose of Cairo or The Last Action Hero, the character can't come to him so he stalks the next "best" thing, her voice actress. When she quit the show, she was no longer his conduit to the cartoon rabbit he wanted to rape, so he stopped stalking her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
In terms of Star vs The Forces of Evil Toffee seems like a weird character, especially in the season finale. I dislike using fanfic terms but he seemed like an evil version of a "Marty Sue" or some other kind of author insert character who comes into a story, does everything right (because he has all available knowledge about the story and setting) and makes the normal protagonists irrelevant. In the end it seems like Toffee has achieved exactly what he set out to achieve despite the spanish unicorn ex machina. It just seemed like a weird note on which to end a season.