Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Annnd Hey Arnold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su8IHV0AH2o&t=36s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Macrame_God posted:

First the Rocko trailer and now this. Nickelodeon is really gunning for that 90s nostalgia money, aren't they? Still hyped though.

Yeah that's kinda the reason I posted at all, someone suggested the Rocko thing was gonna be about this subject; but godamn nothing seems to die anymore but flesh and blood humans.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Xelkelvos posted:

Apparently, St. Canard is now located across the bay from Duckburg based on a promo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3akpxw20fj4

Duckburg being in Calisota proper means Mouseton might exist which was always a very contentious thing for the American books (read that as Don Rosa) but not so much the European stuff. Also it might be necessary to do a thread proper about this show. As so that guys like me don't fill this thread with complaints that anything non-Barks is heresy. Good luck to any one willing to make that op though.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
They've already have had to smudge the timeline a bit for the show to be modern (unless one of Scrooge's treasures is one of many things like the holy grail, fountain of youth, or a Celtic cauldron, ect.) but they might try to do the Disney 'timeless' thing where they shy away from specific dates, only hinting at time eras through 'aesthetics.'

Fellbat fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Aug 13, 2017

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
When they were naming Megatron in the Transformers the suits were like 'it sounds like megaton and people might think atomic warfare nix it." Then the writers came back with 'well he's evil, duh." 90's Glomgold always made think of that. He's the bad guy. Let him sound like the spitting image song, yeah? It seems with this like there going for a way to have their cake and eat it to. That's not to say I don't hope it works out in the long run.

Fellbat fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 13, 2017

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Ballz posted:

The "What looms larger than McDuck's shadow?" riddle immediately made me think of Duckburg's giant Cornelius Coot statue. That's probably not it, tho.

While Bombie the Zombie shadows McDuck and is very large, they would have to change the design for everyone involved for it to be kosher to todays audience.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Do Chernabog and the Horned King count? I mean their usually left out for being to graphically evil these days.

Gaz-L posted:

The ultimate opposite to Cruella is obviously Elsa, a villain that even the studio realised was so sympathetic they basically rewrote the movie to make her the protagonist.

Didn't she blind a kid in the original story, or this like Emperor's new groove where the movie itself was majorly different at some point.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Chernabog is almost literally the devil and really only provided atmosphere to a tone poem, plus he gets "defeated" by a bell and a line of monks. There's not much to include since there's nothing to him beyond an awesome design. As for the Horned King, I think he gets left out because The Black Cauldron was a massive flop that almost killed Disney's animation studio.

True to both, but they've both made small cameos since (tv shows, video games.) but never on the merchandising. Which is weird because, well, Disney. I thinks its mix of their history, plus the fact that their both as heavy metal as Disney gets.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Losing out on jobs because I earned the ire of the people who once worked on Butt-Ugly Martians by saying that it sucked taint seems pretty loving moronic from any point of view, and punishing honesty.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Macaluso posted:

Most jobs don't want you to be honest

Fair, but I'm imagining having to grit my teeth and smile when somebody tells me they worked on Super Duper Sumos. That's comedy in itself.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Acebuckeye13 posted:

But keep in mind, even bad shows represent a tremendous amount of blood and sweat on behalf of the artists working on it. And I'm sure in private, animators are more than frank with each other about the shows they work on-but that's in private, and that's with inside working knowledge of the industry and of the circumstances animators work under. By contrast, when some idiot on twitter goes out in public saying 'gently caress this show it looks like hot garbage,' or 'gently caress this show for not having more representation', that's a direct insult to a lot of people who don't have any control over those circumstances-so is it any surprise that a lot of animators are going to take those insults personally, even when they're not the ones working on those shows?

No disagreeing at all, (those particular opinions make more factors) the salient point I'm trying to make it that there are shows that are almost universally disliked and if your response to people disliking them is anything more then 'yeah that annoying orange show kept me fed for awhile.' Your kind of the weirdo, remember when the emoji movie writer went full supervillain 'you'll regret this' when people pointed out it was the loving emoji movie? I'm sure he was feeling a lot of stress at the time (because again, loving emoji movie destroying his good name), but imagine he was a suit with real power quietly stewing until CartoonReviewerxXx420 grew up to try and get a job in the industry they love. That's the real dick move.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Also, encouraging artists to never speak out has a impact on things like anti-union overtime slave wage bullshit that was sausage party. Seriously. Seth Rogen of all people is a godamn Pinkerton and people were afraid to speak up due to getting black-listed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

ThermoPhysical posted:

I googled that word and I'm sure he's not a spy or something? What are you referring to exactly?

Oh a sorry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homestead_strike

Basically the guys you are looking up did America's anti-union nonsense back in the day.