Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

HypnoCabbage posted:

Speaking of Video Brinquedo, they've got a new project brewing!

If this doesn't get them sued by Disney, nothing's going to.

Oh, and remember "The Little Cars"? They've been making sequels. Lots of sequels.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/The_Little_Cars_8_Making_A_Mess/70207251?trkid=2361637

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Pakled posted:

Speaking of HBO Max, Infinity Train book 3 trailer's dropped:

https://twitter.com/hbomax/status/1286756791003410433

August 13th.

I was expecting the Apex to play a major role in Season 3 if we were to get one, but not like that. This should be interesting.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

TwoPair posted:

For real, drat. I figured Simon would LONG LIVE THE KING Tuba right then, but I figured we wouldn't see it clearly so that maybe Tuba could make a dramatic return, but man, she was headed straight for that tread, and we've seen what those treads can do from season 2.

Hell, I was expecting Simon to at least follow Scar's example and be like "I totally did my best to save her, but she slipped and fell, honest!". But nope...

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I have thought for eight goddamn years now that an amazing twist would have been that Amon absolutely was given energybending by the spirits, but he was supposed to use it to give everyone bending, and he did the opposite because of his own personal trauma.

I've sometimes wondered if attempting to artificially give people bending might have been a villain plot worth exploring (either to raise a world-conquering army, or just for ethically questionable scientific progress). After all, even with the Equalist leader outed as a fraud and the reforms implemented after their defeat, the attitudes that let them get going in the first place wouldn't necessarily go away (meaning that finding volunteers wouldn't be much of a challenge).

YggiDee posted:

I think Avatar was an excellent cartoon that should stay an excellent cartoon. How many good live action remakes of cartoons have there been? Would there be stunt doubles for all of the martial arts? How many child actors are also grandmasters of Chu Gar style Southern Praying Mantis? The special effects budget would be a nightmare

The only live-action remake that could reasonably be counted as an improvement is the 2016 Jungle Book, and that's only because the original was basically bits and pieces of Kipling's book loosely assembled into a coherent narrative. Avatar was so well done, both visually and story-wise, that it would be an incredibly tough act to follow - even if everyone involved sincerely cared about making the best work they possibly can (as opposed to yet another cheap shot at name recognition), it's not that likely that they'd end up doing the original justice.

quote:

Actually here's the thing, I don't think you can really keep the same tone as the show, with the characters as the same age, in a live action series. Like, Avatar is an adventure series with Serious Themes, but it's an optimistic show with a strong humor base and I think all of the child violence would be a lot more uncomfortable if I were watching it happen to an actual twelve-year-old.

The comments in certain articles about the Netflix execs allegedly wanting to cram in more sex and violence certainly don't help matters. Nor does the general attitude of "dark and gritty equals more mature" that's infected big chunks of the TV and film industry (see also: Star Trek: Picard).