Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Holy poo poo, that shrug is unbelievable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

quote:

RETURNING SERIES
Steven Universe
Yesssss

quote:

Johnny Test
Noooooo

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

quote:

THE TOM AND JERRY SHOW: The iconic cat and mouse rivals are back in The Tom and Jerry Show, a new, fresh take on the classic series. Preserving the look, characters and sensibility of the original, the all-new series shines a brightly colored, high-definition lens on the madcap slapstick and never-ending battle that has made Tom and Jerry two of the most beloved characters of all time.

I'm going to be interested in seeing what they're going to do with this, as I feel like no modern version of T&J have come even close in feel to the originals.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

The Toy Story of Terror TV special is coming to DVD soon, and they're adding fake commercials where the actual commercials went, including this pitch perfect PSA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i72NOK_5XhM

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Pixar animators getting to beard out over old-school animation is always so great.

It's even better with the in-character commentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R44MvXeEQw

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Y-Hat posted:

Here's an article about '90s nostalgia that takes a turn.

:yikes:

That guy is crazy about 90s Nick. I think he did an interview where he declared that era as the best television has ever been, period. That being said, Slimed is actually really good, but that might be because he was just interviewing rather than giving his opinions.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Y-Hat posted:

How much of the book is about Nicktoons?

Offhand, I remember them focusing on Ren and Stimpy, Doug, and the Rugrats.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Whoops, the Slimed Facebook page is reporting the the Nick Nostalgia Night is cancelled. It sucks that the guys from Pete & Pete, as well as a bunch of fans, are SOL because some guy couldn't keep his lovely opinions to himself.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

thelaughingman posted:

Here is a preview for Over the garden wall.

http://youtu.be/aMduxeCSMaI

There was nothing about that I didn't like, it has a very 1900s children's book feel to it.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Acquire Currency! posted:

So begins the season of awful Christmas movies

I'm on my fifth straight year of boycotting Christmas specials because they refuse to air the Garfield Christmas Special.
In other kid talk, the new Mickey Mouse shorts are really good, and the newest one is Dutch as all hell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFCluYEf7oI

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

In a similar vein, the cast of Spongebob does classic movies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p9Ayu-5zYY

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

This is my favorite video featuring an old Nick game show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDuyl23BN9A

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Macaluso posted:

I'm gonna be honest, even now as an adult understanding these are children I sitll don't understand how they kept screwing that up. It literally was 3 pieces!

I think it's because they filmed like 5-6 episodes a day, so if you were one of the last contestants you were probably exhausted and couldn't think straight.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Oh it can't be that bad...

"There's nothing like coming of age in a world where all the good Twitter names are gone because you were born too late"

NOPE YOU WERE RIGHT

#awfuljoke

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Bass Bottles posted:

Fun police on the patrol

Also, the new animation renaissance started with Adventure Time hth

I disagree, though Adventure Time was the first huge hit, I think that Chowder and Flapjack at the very least laid the groundwork.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

I think what makes the cartoons that started around the turn of the decade stand out in comparison to the ones before is the increase in teen/young adult viewing. When cartoons were first made, they were considered an all ages entertainment. After WWII cartoons became strictly kids stuff, and now we're seeing it swing back the other way.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Whatever Happened to Robot Jones? deserves a second chance.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Y-Hat posted:

Admittedly, the only time Ren and Stimpy was any good was when he was involved with it. After he left, it kept the grossout humor but none of the charm. So I can understand his bitterness just a little bit. He's still a huge curmudgeon about cartoons, though, and that's both pathetic and hilarious.

While the last season of Ren and Stimpy was pretty bad, Kricfalusi came back for the terrible "adult" version that was on Spike for about five minutes, which was arguably worse. It seems like he only makes good cartoons when he has to work around guidelines.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

For some reason I'm a huge Wacky Races fan, so I'm down for a Mad Max/Death Race 2000 version, but Adult Swim has ruined serious Space Ghost and Birdman to me.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

icantfindaname posted:

Pretty much all adult-audience animated sitcoms get away with looking like trash because ~*irony*~

Don't you mean ~*BIZARRO irony*~?

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

I guess Disney just doesn't like the idea of being known for showing good cartoons.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

I wonder if they're going to get a new VO for Scrooge, considering that Alan Young is nearly 100 years old.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

It's the 2 Stupid Dogs of the current era.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Which do you recommend for Miraculous Ladybug, the French or English version?

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

So you want a realistic down-to-earth Powerpuff Girls that's completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots?

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Jack Gladney posted:

4 weeks as in 40 minutes, or way more than that?

I think it's going to be two episodes back to back the first week, then one a week for the following three weeks.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Eskimo Bob is the early 00's equivalent of Flesicher's Popeye cartoons.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

SomeJazzyRat posted:

That and Dave the Barbarian were two surprisingly good shows coming out of Disney at the time.

I really liked Fillmore but skipped Dave the Barbarian as it didn't look that good to me, I guess I missed out.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Crabtree posted:

They will always try to force everything into Highschool. Like that weird series of new DC shorts aimed at girls. Because a TTGO style comedy like those ones staring Super Girl voiced by a comedian, an energetic Babs and a meh Donna Troy is apparently not girly enough. Its gotta be much more pathetic and full of lessons. And somehow Wonder Woman's gotta be enrolled at the same super hero academy as Harley Quinzel. Because Joker/villain affirmative action or something.

So it's basically Gotham High 2.0?

I wish they had made Super Best Friends a full show. All of those DC shorts were really good.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

I still think that MIB the Series has one of the best intros.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Y-Hat posted:

David Cross was the voice of the director in The Audition episode of We Bare Bears. I knew I sensed some Tobias Funke....

Did the Bears have the goods?

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

I like the Flintstones comic, but this does look pretty ridiculous out of context.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

To be fair Adult Swim started doing those "infomercials" at like 3 in the morning, and those are pretty great.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Just saw this clip of Sonic Boom, I never know if this is actually a good show or if it just has moments of brilliance.

https://twitter.com/seclusiveblue/status/831342938986774529

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

I think the character most hurt by the nephew's new voices is Donald, he seems really out of place now.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Ofaloaf posted:

I've not seen any full episodes, but when the gags are on point they are on point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6mzBjFtcBc

That's amazing, it reminds me of one of my favorite gags from Chowder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGb-2oVDWXk

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

It looks like Land of the Lost meets Uncle Grandpa. This is not a good thing.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Entertainment Weekly has a big article about Ducktales and shows some new characters. This is my most anticipated show this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Recently he's been the voice of Kaos in the Skylanders games/show, where he still uses the same voice.