Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I have a 2015 S60 T5. This is what it looks like under the hood.

Where the actual loving goddamn gently caress is the boost pressure sensor? Google is being useless and I can't find a clear guide on any Volvo forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

LloydDobler posted:

Nobody knows on swedespeed? My first guess would be on the intercooler tank, that's where they are on the other models. Should be on the cool side, between IC and throttle body. Down below the bumper I think.
I should join there. AI is generally my first stop for any car questions, and I didn't see anything searching there. Any chance of getting to it from the top or do I just have to suck it up and pull the skid plate and bumper?
Thanks! looks like a bit of a pain to get to, but at least I know where it is for sure. Looks like we have good weather for doing stuff to your car tomorrow, so I'll find some time to work on it. I'm installing a RaceChip and from what I've read it will probably pay for itself in a few months if I run it in eco mode. I'm expecting to keep it in eco most of the time since most of my driving is a boring commute at speeds typically associated with things like glacial movement and continental drift.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

On June 12, I skidded off the road due to bad conditions and an unfortunately timed sneeze, and my face looked like this:

The next day, at the tow yard, my car looked like this

I'm probably going to have permanent scars on my left arm from airbag burns (link and cw for injury and blood, even though it's not too bad)
https://i.imgur.com/Qucc72s.jpg

All things considered, I consider myself lucky that I stayed conscious after hitting a concrete bollard at 45mph and was able to walk away.

Epilogue:

Yesterday, I drove home in this with a family discount and 4y/5.15% financing since loans through my credit union start at 4.99% because of some bullshit they call "the economy," while CarMax offered me 8.7% last week and had to re-run it for some reason yesterday and offered me a generous 10.4%

I always like the looks of that generation of Volvo wagons, and it feels so much lighter and nimble while driving than the S60 did despite having 10hp less that I really like it. Plus, it has paddle shifters so I can pretend I'm driving a sports car when I'm rolling through construction zones at 5mph

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

This is covered under the dealer warranty, but I have a truly bizarre issue with the new V60. The rear parking sensors only work when it's raining. In clear weather, I get 4 red "you're about to hit something" bars and the corresponding alarm tone any time I put it in reverse :confused:

I'm just going to keep looking over my shoulders and double checking the backup cam like I would anyway, but I figured you would all appreciate the counterintuitive absurdity of an electronic system that only works properly in the rain.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

2017 V60, but the same happened with my 2015 S60 (RIP). Alternator and battery test good but I still get the low battery warning on the console every time I open the car and Sensus boots or I turn the engine off. Is this a dealer fix or can I do something about it?