Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I hope whoever wrote that felt better afterwards. Reminds me of the stories I used to write during my darker days in high-school.

I sincerely hope the game will touch on the stories being posted here, even if it's done like the text-heavy parts in Nier. The game doesn't look all that special and the characters and story will make or break it for me. I'm not sure the result would be good necessarily, but definitely unique!

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I might be imagining things, but I think it's really interesting how that trailer seems to show the death scenes for at least three of the sisters. I wonder where they are going with this.

EDIT: I really like the music in it as well. I hope the composer will knock it out of the park like with Nier.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 9, 2013

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I quit playing Drakengard out of disgust during the second level and never touched 2. But I'm still going to buy this because of Nier. Even if it's crap I'm sure it's going to be interesting at least. Un-ironically stoked about this.

EDIT: I wonder if they are going to keep Mikhael's baby voice for the dubbed version. I can't decide whether it's too silly or just hilarious.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 9, 2013

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Awww. Too bad it's going to end horribly :smith: Four being all about nutritional values, root fruits, and tasteless food made me laugh because that pretty much describes my cooking to a t. Thanks for translating the stories!

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 10, 2013

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Turn A posted:

A connection to Nier has been in plain sight from the get-go.

The official prequel comic about the Intoners is really blatant about it. The art style makes them look like children and it's pretty bad overall and not translated. But it shows off their powers so there's that if you're interested. There's four of them and you can read them by clicking the links in the top banner. Comic/game(?) spoiler: It also shows how three got interested in "doll"-making.

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/magazine/biggangan/introduction/dragondragoon/

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Oct 13, 2013

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
That was... interesting.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

dazat posted:

A video showcasing dragon battle was shown on the livestream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLnW9jWyRNY#t=149
I hope you find Mikhail's voice cute and not annoying!

The commentators seem absolutely obsessed with him!

The dragon gameplay seems really shallow but also a definite step up when compared to the earlier games. Throw in some Nier-quality dialogue and dark humor and it will be perfectly decent entertainment.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Oct 22, 2013

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

dazat posted:

I translated Decad's newly released story: All is for Her Sake

If Dito's story was horror, this one is a comedy. At least he loves Four in his own weird way?

Judging from this and her own story Four seriously needs to start telling people what she thinks/wants. No wonder she's so frustrated with everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Replicant Nier has more significant changes after the timeskip. His design is different, he's more noticeably older, and his personality is much more bitter than before.

Also, Kaine is censored with beeps which is kind if hilarious.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jan 5, 2014

• Locked thread