Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Well, there's always the possibility of a sequel in which a solution to some of the problems present at the end of Nier comes about. And I would kill for that sequel, oh god, I would kill for it.

Of course, it's never going to happen, since Yoko Taro doesn't work for Cavia anymore. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Coughing Hobo posted:

The gameplay is serviceable; competent, is the best way I can think to put it. The reason all of us here fawn over the game is the story.

And the music, and the setting.

It's really an indescribable experience and I don't think there's anything quite like it.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

With Square Enix even more involved this time and no Yoko Taro I wouldn't expect it to even be half decent. Square Enix is from the "13 year old's slash fiction" school of writing, after all.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Overlord K posted:

Hey, I'll take it. A manga getting good sales means it could prove there's enough interest in it for another game!
A game not directed by Yoko Taro. See: Drakengard 2. Except this time it will be Drakengard XIII: I Am Young and Angsty and Pretty: Friendship Prevails 2.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Mar 1, 2013

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Pesky Splinter posted:

A woman is gang-raped six pages in, before the Elf and One show up, murder the rapists...and then the woman...
They then go to a town, torch it, but not before murdering everyone there.

:wtc:

This is the loving aristocrats joke in manga form, isn't it?

[e]: Yeah, I think so too. Off-puttingly so.
VVV

Yeah, I think I'm going to pass on that... What's even the loving point of that? How does that move the story forward or depict anything interesting about the characters other than the fact that they act like a 13 year old's perception of sociopathy?

Policenaut posted:

Access Games also made Lord of Arcana and Lord of Apocalypse which are both competent Monster Hunter clones/hack and slash games.

On that note, SWERY was involved with both games as well. Our best bet would be SWERY and Yoko Taro coming together to form some undiluted crazy form of Voltron.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Mar 13, 2013

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Emil kinda follows Nier around like a puppy for the brief period of time between when they first meet and when he realizes how much cooler Kaine is. I believe Grimoire Nier outright says that he actually liked Nier in that way but that's again EU fluff stuff.

He also makes a statement near the end of the game relating to his thing for Nier (during the wedding in Facade). Grimoire Nier just confirms that the intent of that line was to show Emil loved Nier.

It was probably clearer in the Japanese version like most things wound up being.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Well now I'm super excited for DOD3. The cast is sounding hilarious.

• Locked thread