Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trashcanman
May 17, 2006
honkey
You won't trick me with this again. Every time one of these threads comes along I do this, load up the mods, do that 1 hour god drat walk through the dungeon, and then get some goofy errors and the game crashes.

The real "game" of this game is trouble shooting mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trashcanman
May 17, 2006
honkey

Periodiko posted:

If I've never played Oblivion before (I have played Morrowind and Fallout 3) should I go whole-hog with TCOM or try something more conservative?

No you pretty much want to overhaul the entire game.

It's an amazing looking game but it the mechanics don't have that Morrowind magic by default, which is what all the mods are supposed to do.

If you can get them to work.

• Locked thread