Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
For waiting on a class, how does that work? Would I get put up at DLI or something of the sort? I can't imagine they'd send me home immediately after BMT. I kind of assumed that I would be going straight in with no gap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tengohemroidz posted:

Any goons gonna be there April of next year that wanna get together and listen to Hanson on the weekends.......?

I'll be there starting in mid-December, but I'm only down if we rock to some Ke$ha.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Well I am literally on my way to DLI in all of six hours (Mandarin, for those wondering). How does DLI do Exodus? I'll probably find out on arrival but I'm super curious anyway.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've been here for all of two weeks.

Holy gently caress someone save me.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Don't let him fool you: the worst part about the AF life here is not being able to smoke in uniform.

I just need to stay away from the dudes wearing cat ears trying to use gundam amine poo poo to hit on ugly bitches. Life will be much better when I get my Torino out here.

Edit: I was just asked to critique erotic fanart of Avatar: The Last Airbender I take it all back someone please loving kill me

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Through a series of horrible mistakes.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You in 627? I'm the dude that walks around in that brown driver's cap and busted-rear end cowboy boots. Seriously, it's not horrible. Enjoy casuals while you can.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why, yes, it does.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Get rid of the Inuyasha and we have a party (what the gently caress is Inuyasha don't you dare answer that question).

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm third floor; you second?

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That was me.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh, the Farsi Fapper. He was getting out right when I came in, so I had the pleasure of dealing with him every day for two weeks.

So happy that he's gone.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
No pissing matches, we're all AETC, we're the problem, we can all go about hating ourselves and our choices together like family, etc.

someone shoot me holy poo poo

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
No you rear end in a top hat I'm finally part of something other than being generally disgusted with everyone around me

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
poo poo is hilarious.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'll be the third to make that joke.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Super Camper posted:

Does anybody know if participation in the Asian I schoolhouse christmas play is mandatory? My class is doing a performance and our teaching team leader is threatening disciplinary counselings for those who dont want to participate.

Do what I did to get out of the Christmans play

get out of the military

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You can quote two posts in one bro it's okay.

I was serious about the get out part though, there's no reason to re-enlist after your contract is up as a linguist; get a cushy Fed job as civilian and do beard things

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

AchmedTheSnake posted:

Jesus, I hope you aren't Air Force.

lol

Got some bad news for you.

What happened to the AF there since I've left? Y'all are going full retard.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Softface posted:

We can't take our backpacks to formation anymore.

Someone got in trouble for having their natural hair color.

The Air Force is the worst branch and DLI is the worst place.

Oh yesssssss hahaha I got out just in time. Sounds about as asinine as I figured it would get. I also want details on this.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm more interested in the backpack thing.

The USAF: making thread title dreams come true since shame became an AFI violation

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Speaking of cars, has anyone drawn dicks on my RX-4? I know it's still up there.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Where were you last year? the do ID checks up there all the drat time (maybe I was just with the really loud dudes).

And I'm keeping that car so y'all better make sure nothing untoward happens to it; it does still have a set of keys on post.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Joke's on you it doesn't run

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh hey hope nobody is missing two tents.

Because I have two tents (and a free phone! woo) thanks to TMO.
This may be the greatest thing I take away from the military.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

aca posted:

Hey can any of you AF guys tell me about what it's like at the DLI? My wife's sister got a contract and ships out next month. I'm curious as to the actual academic side since I'm AF and went through a long tech school (11 months 4a2) and know all too well the bullshit the MTL and ropes like to play. What's the day schedule like and do you guys have phases and such?

They aren't phases anymore, they're called "periods" (I guess, we all still called them phases outside of squadron). You have ITP (initial entry, no civvies outside of your room, always have a buddy, not allowed off post), ATP (the phase most stay in, civvies allowed after duty day, can go off post, 10pm in-room curfew), and TPG (special applied-for phase, no curfew, only Friday all-calls). I can give more info on the scheduling, do you have PMs? If not I can email you.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Good to fuckin' hear, man! Glad some good news is coming out of the AF there for a change.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So I'm hearing that ATP airmen @ DLI now have a 0200-0400 curfew on Fridays and Saturdays due to the illustrious record of sexual harassment in tech school (as well as underage drinking, hotel parties, and all the other, less-important problems) and that also the teal rope program is coming to DLI.

I think my personal favorite rumor that's made it to the civilian world was about the airman that stripped nude in front of the marine barracks.

Man DLI went to poo poo after I left

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Saw that myself the other day. Not sure I'd trust any of those kids when it comes to any issues a teal rope would "handle."

Not really sure of the point. But then again, with regards to the USAF and DLI, I'm not quite sure I ever was.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
DLI was summed up in one experience for me: after a weekend of my own personal debauchery, I walked in on my roommate Skype-sexin' his girlfriend in Klingon.

Dude was straight up balls deep in a fleshlight and the girl back home had what looked like three feet of high-pressure tubing snaking out of her snatch.

It was either that or hearing a chick hit an inhaler mid-coitus at a house party.

Professor Bling fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 3, 2013

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Softface posted:

Air Force current DLItes, don't even bother getting TPG anymore. The only benefit we have at Goodfellow now is no curfew, and that probably won't last much longer. All you'd have to look forward to is a lovely room and getting poo poo on for your whole time here.

Ahahaha gj USAF winning that race to the bottom

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Weird question: Is there still an old, green Mazda RX4 parked down by 650, near the AF housing?

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Probably me, actually. Car's mine, been there since I got out back in 2012. Glad to know it's around, because that means I can still come get it once my next semester bennies kick in.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh, that thing's getting towed/shipped straight to a shop. Blew the water seals a few months after I bought it; doubt it would go much farther than the Duck under its own power.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Are you talking poo poo about the Duck's bottomless mimosas? That was the best thing about the Duck.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Funkameleon posted:

The Duck had bottomless mimosas too, from 12-4 I think it was.

This. Also, Yama Sushi was the poo poo even if I usually ordered their teriyaki poo poo because I'm evil and hate sushi.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Make her pay for the hotel.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Friar Zucchini posted:

Having actually gone to DLI I have come to the conclusion that literally any "DLI story" is absolutely plausible. Place is hosed up.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm just really upset to hear they renamed the Duck, mainly because I hate change in any form whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Friar Zucchini posted:

Agreed. And speaking of change, did you ever get that RX moved, or are you gonna keep that avatar forever?

Both, at least until I piss someone off enough to buy me a new avater. That RX is now taking up a parking space outside of my apartment building rather than the old spot at DLI.

• Locked thread