Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
My dad was there in the late 90s. Must have been quite a culture shock to go from the infantry to DLI. Although, I don't remember him telling any stories at all about this place and maybe for good reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

Bright Eyes posted:

Does every branch have FAO? I remember hearing about Army's but none others. That starts at 0-4, correct?

Marines have them.

vains
May 26, 2004

Elendil004 posted:

I am shooting a video promo for my airsoft field, and for it I need a couple lines in farsi or arabic, or something that sounds 'talibanish'. Is there anyone who has access to a half decent microphone who could record a few lines for me?

I think this is all you need bro.

vains
May 26, 2004

ryan_woody posted:

It may be stressful, but don't turn to prescriptions. My buddy took some Adderall the night before the test to help with his all-nighter. He passed with flying colors, but popped hot on the piss-test the day after. He spent a year on casual duty in Monterey (lol) and eventually got chaptered out with a dishonorable. Don't be that guy.

You can't get admin sepped with a dishonorable. It requires a general court-martial. General under other than honorable conditions is what you're looking for.

vains
May 26, 2004

Internet Wizard posted:

There's also a guy who got dropped from the Asian schoolhouse a while back who got reclassed to MP. I guess he came out ahead though because he's about to pick up corporal, which isn't something any DLI grads will be doing any time soon.

So...he went from fat retard to fat useless retard buddy fucker?

vains
May 26, 2004

Internet Wizard posted:

:gibs:
I'm putting in my dream sheet pretty soon. I'm assuming Lejeune is the least awful of my choices?

Why would you assume that? Jacksonville sucks unless you like getting tattoos or strip clubs.

vains
May 26, 2004

safetyStanddown posted:

The only legit reason to pick CLJN is if it's close to home. Anything else is better.

The only legit reason to pick Lejuene is if the alternative is 29 Palms. No matter how often people say 'Well Vegas is only 2 hours and LA/San Diego are 3' those are still really long drives, outside of liberty radius probably, and expensive.

edit: I apologize if this isn't relevant. I assume there is a 1st intel/1st radbn detachment at 29palms.

vains fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

Steezo posted:

People bitch, whine, moan and complain about 29 because they're weak and have no self control. If you have self control and a car it's not a bad duty station. They do have the internet at 29 so most of you goony fucks are set anyway.

Relative to Pendleton and Lejuene, its terrible. I don't know what self-control has to do with anything since 29 Palms imposes an ascetic monkish existence on its denizens.

If you say "but the training is good", you're gay. Training doesn't get your dick sucked at Tobies.

edit: if you like it, cool whatever. A majority of people do not or would not.

vains fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 31, 2015

• Locked thread