Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I bought myself a 2012 v6 back when I graduated college and then traded it for a mini once I moved to downtown DC just because I needed a small car. Missed the stang the whole time and now that I've left DC I decided it was time to come back. Traded the mini in for a '16 ecoboost convertible and I gotta say- this is a real nice car. Air conditioned seats take a bit to get used to though- you sort of have to allow yourself to accept the sick pleasure of it blowing pleasant cool air up your rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Phanatic posted:

I'm almost at the point where I think the smartest thing they can do is just make the display be a complete echo of what's being shown on the phone, just because phones change on a yearly basis and cars change on a period of several years. The phone is always going to be higher-tech than what the car's been designed to, so stop trying to do the phone's job and just act as an intermediary.

To be fair it seems like the automotive industry is finally coming around to accepting that the tech industry is better at tech than they are. It'll still be a while but I can see this eventually happening maybe in the next five years.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

As I was looking for a '16 to buy I saw news articles talking about how it had Sync3 and therefore carplay so I was all happy that I was finally gonna get that. Get the car and wtf it doesn't have carplay at all? Do some googling on oh ok so it needs to update just connect it to wifi and it'll work bing bong so simple. I do that and it doesn't download the update. No worries the websites say- just give it a week or so it'll update eventually. It didn't. So I buy a USB stick off Amazon because seriously who still uses those things and I'll update Sync to get to that beautiful carplay goodness. I update and oh woopsy both the Ford website and all the news articles neglected to include that you'd have to buy a gat dang $60 USB replacement hub in order to use carplay.

So I have that coming in the mail and maybe now I'll get my carplay. Thanks for reading. Carplay.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Oh yeah I'm no stranger to Apple being super picky about their partnerships. I'm just annoyed at all the news articles talking about it coming to 2016 vehicles with just a software upgrade with no mention of the hardware upgrade. Would have been nice to have put in the order for the USB hub at the same time as the USB stick. Oh well!!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Bandire posted:

Has the update been officially released yet? It was supposed to be released by the end of 2016, but I got impatient and installed the leaked update in February.

Ya you can get 2.2 off Ford's website now.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Phanatic posted:

This is potentially a really dumb question but oh well.

How do the auto-high beams on my Mustang (2017) work? The user manual is pretty vague.

Here's how I would expect them to work: High beams go on, there's a forward-facing sensor to detect either an oncoming car or a car in front of you, and it drops the lights back to low beams, and then turns the brights back on when the car's gone.

However, I never see the lights switch back and forth between low and high. I put the high beams on, and it sure looks to me like they just stay on, no matter what's in front of me. However a second time, if I have them on, nobody ever flashes theirs at me to say "Hey, jerkass, your brights are on." Is this some technical wizardry where the lights somehow dim directionally or something like that?

I don't want to be that jerkass driving around with high brights on, so I've taken to just switching them off manually just as if the car didn't have that feature. But I'd like to know what's going on.

I know that some luxury cars had the high beams divided into 'cells' that could independently turn on and off and didn't cross bleed into neighboring cells. The car would see oncoming headlights and would turn off or dim whatever 'cell' they were in. No clue if that's what the mustang has though.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Bandire posted:

I got my 2016 GT Premium Sport Package basically at invoice without trying. It was a special order that someone walked away from and they listed it on the website at that price.

I've had it right at two years, and have had a few weird issues. The main strut bolt on the front passengar side was loose and caused a weird clunking sound when going over bumps. I also had a CEL for some minor valve thing, but I can't remember the details. Also the lumbar controls weren't working on the driver seat. While I'm on the subject, is the seat back supposed to be heated and cooled as well? I haven't been able to get a clear answer, but it still doesn't seem to be working. Other than that just the normal Ford rattles and squeaks.

I would love to have the MagneRide and the active exhaust, but since they got rid of the best color (Deep Impact Blue) I have to stick with what I have. It is still my favorite thing I have ever owned.

I have a premium '16 ecoboost and my seat backs heat/cool. Sounds like yours is probably busted

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

H2SO4 posted:

Bottom line: between this and the head gasket issues, anyone with an Ecoboost should be on guard.

I have a 2016 ecoboost with no mods- can you put this post in English for someone who doesn't speak gear-head? Basically just want to know what the symptoms of this are so I can spot the issue if it happens to me.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Mustang Murder thread

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I've been putting 92 octane into my '16 ecoboost the entire time I've owned it so far and for the first time was forced into putting regular 87. Drove for about 6 hours on the highway and didn't notice any real performance impact or change in fuel economy or anything. Have I been wasting money this whole time?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Just moved and no longer have a garage to park my convertible in. Does anyone have a car cover that they can recommend?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

H2SO4 posted:

If you've got an ecoboost mustang, just replace the lowside fuel pressure sensor now with the updated part. Some of the failure scenarios are really bad - mine failed where it just read straight 0psi but some are giving actual incorrect readings which can be catastrophic under boost. Many times you don't even get a check engine light so you don't know that anything's wrong. I found out when my tuner sent out a message saying that he noticed people starting to have these issues and when I pulled up the gauge that's where i saw mine was dead. There was a stored code but no CEL.

Thanks for the heads up

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

so wait a second someone is telling me that ford is making an electric mustang? is this true?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/Shitty_car_mods/status/1093898262980059137

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Holy moly I know what I’m doing when I finally come back home to my stang in October

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

the electric mustang is gonna be a crossover

lmao

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah I guess it sort of makes sense that they'd give it the Mustang badge if you squint. That brand is definitely something they don't want to dilute so if anything I feel like this is signaling that they're very confident in how this release is going to go.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Elephanthead posted:

Please drive a mustang II and edit this post.

Yeah after sleeping on it that was a real dumb post and idk what I was thinking lol

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd06nMFsYKM&t=549s

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

our cars thirst for pedestrian blood

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

RCR finally did one on the ecoboost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75MuVpmju2U

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Looks like the backup camera on my '16 just straight up died. Anyone have a recommendation for replacing it?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

lol so are all the mustang goons in PA? Pittsburgh here I'd be down for a meetup

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Welp. Someone crashed into my Mustang while it was parked on the street. They did enough damage to the rear wheels and suspension that insurance just totaled it. Rest in peace. Thinking of pre-ordering a Mach-e and buying a beater to wait it out.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Bob Morales posted:

Jesus. How fast were they going?

Fast enough to shatter the rear-left rim when they hit it. This was on a narrow downtown Pittsburgh street where they shouldn't have been going over 25. poo poo sucks

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Well I found a 2019 ecoboost premium with *all* the bells and whistles for a pretty drat good price so I'm back in the club, boys :toot:

It's an automatic though :confuoot:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:unsmigghh:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/lzpCyqv.mp4

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

20:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQooiDPuULk

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Alright it's only been a week and this is driving me nuts: does anyone know if there's any way to turn down the reverse assist beeping? It's so incredibly loud that I'm considering disabling it entirely

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

opengl128 posted:

forscan toggle

this all sounds good but explain this part to me like i'm a golden retriever

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

BrownieVK posted:

Guys talk me out of selling my base 2018 GT to Carvana for a ridiculous price (more than I paid) due to Corona virus. Pros- I would have no more car payment and a few bucks in my wallet.
Cons- my employment has changed drastically and I don't think I'll get another loan to get another new mustang down the road.
I really like my car but it is an 18 with all the issues (rattles, clutch issues, trans issues etc)

Ford is offering 0% financing for anyone with a credit score of over 650 and has steady employment for up to 72 months. They'll also let you default on your loan with no penalty in the first 12 months if you lose your job and give the car back. Just saying

Both the tools in their links are sold out but this looks good. Thanks a bunch

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

opengl128 posted:

I wish I drove mine more. Working remotely full time means I barely get a couple hundred miles a month lately. Sad panda. Need to get out for some good drives before winter.

That's a really nice color- what is it?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Nitramster posted:

Will they do this on what I want in California though. We don't ever seem to get good financing unless it's a budget economy car.

No clue. When I was buying mine I was willing to pay all cash but said I'd consider their financing options. They first came back with the garbage third-party financing with something like 5% and I basically said, 'lol no'. Then they came back with the 0% stuff. No clue what their rules are for qualifying

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

just do what i did and get a year-old one at a huge discount. i'm really happy with my '19 premium ecoboost

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I have a 2019 and recently have noticed a low groaning sound any time I take a sharp turn at low speed, such as when I'm pulling out of my driveway. Any ideas on what this could be?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

GabbiLB posted:

Performance Pack? The torsen diff makes a lot of noise at low speed like that. It's normal.

ok cool. it didn’t sound like anything was *wrong* necessarily but it was noticeable enough for me to be worried

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I'm thinking of getting a vinyl stripe kit to put on my 2019 mustang. Any recommendations? Advice?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Had some money burning a hole in my pocket so i decided to have some stripes painted. I wasn’t much of a fan of the deep red color before but it really pops now with the white contrasting against it

I’m very happy with how it turned out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

lol thanks guys. good to have my impression validated

Gwaihir posted:

That looks fantastic. Did you consider any other little accents like a thin black strip on the outside of the white lines?

yeah the guy at the shop suggested that but we both kind of thought on it and decided against it

opengl128 posted:

Looks great.

Also you're about 20 minutes away from me. We should have a pedestrian smearing contest Mustang bro meet up.

hell yeah that would be great. i'm also going to my first NASA track session in October too if you want to tag along