Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

This Gundam is POOH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ixnay posted:

https://twitter.com/brickset/status/1404718104064765952?s=21

There sure are a lot of brickset commenters mad about this new set!

Personally I love models of ordinary things and the shoebox packaging this comes in is super neat.

Great, another drop that won't be in my size.

Real talk though: What time should I start refreshing lego.com in order to get a pair, because what am I going to do with just one shoe?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Oxyclean posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it every time, "Legos" has huge "grandparent that calls every game system a Nintendo" or every hand-held a "gameboy"

If you don't want to be called a gameboy, stop playing gameboy games!
Also, what's a Pee Espy?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Tbh it seems like basic grammar. You wouldn’t go to a beach and say look how many sands there is. ‘Sands’ does exists as a plural but you wouldn’t say that sentence unless you were a crazy person, or worse, trying to “stick it” to... US copyright law? Denmark?

There was a consensus even as children that lego is singular as well as plural and the fact that there are any people of my generation saying legoS at all is kinda disheartening. Where did we go wrong? You can’t blame parents for that.

Sand isn't really the same, since it already refers to an aggregate of gains. If you had a single grain of sand you wouldn't call it sand.
Is a singular brick a Lego? If you accept that it is, then Legos is fine and who cares?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Lego people (and Star Wars fandom in general) are predictably losing their loving minds over this “Boba Fett’s Starship” poo poo.

It ain’t real, folks. Boba Fett is a fictional character. If Disney wants to rename his ship to avoid referencing slavery in tyool 2021, then who the gently caress cares? Let them. It’s a made up spaceship flown by a made up character.

I hadn't heard about this, are they actually renaming it or just omitting the name?
Also, other than death star, millennium falcon, and razor crest, do the ships get named on camera? I played a lot of the supplement games so I know about executor, Avenger, home one, and Majestic, but do most people?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Darth TNT posted:

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm relabelling my motherboard so I can pretend slavery never happened.
People have been asking you to do this for at least 16 years and honestly every BIOS I've built with already replaced it ten years ago.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Plastik posted:

What's the name of Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle? I'll wait.

https://www.nike.com/t/air-force-1-crater-flyknit-mens-shoe-k3Jwmd/DC4831-101
That was the title :colbert:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
My headcannon is that Slave-I was destroyed between ROTJ and Mandelorian but he just bought another model and hasn't named it yet. You saw Mando Season 2, he didn't really have time. He's been busy.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

VaultAggie posted:

That’s ok, he’ll just name the new one Slave II!

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Slave_II

Now I’m curious if anyone’s ever made this ugly rear end ship into a Lego.

I did as a kid. I loved Slave 2

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I want to see the smallest isd that can possibly be built while still being recognizable

https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-wing-2-x-3-left-43723
https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-wing-2-x-3-right-43722
https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-slope-1-x-2-31-85984

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

veni veni veni posted:

Needs wings that come to a point. That looks like its just the bridge.

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jun 29, 2021

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Cheese it, it's the Rangers of the New Republic!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Bobbas Ford

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
E" I was imagining it because the stupid site made me click multiple times and I almost bought three of them

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 1, 2021

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
When you buy them you get sent to Lego dot com so they're real Lego sets with numbers and everything.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Something AFOL, the instructions make you stupid.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

smackfu posted:

The other gnarly one I dropped was one of the TIE fighters. The center holds up well but the wings just shatter.
Yeah, they should be shielded.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

deoju posted:

https://twitter.com/VICE/status/1412899235469701124?s=19

lol

Their warrant probably had something like 'any and all materials related to government buildings' in it.

But still lol.

quote:

Authorities also collected an array of spaceship designs, suggesting a getaway to Mos Eisley where the US has no extradition treaty.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Big Mean Jerk posted:

How the hell does GameStop have fans? If it wasn’t for the stock bullshit they’d still be solely remembered for abusing their employees and pushing lovely magazine subscriptions with every purchase.

The lovely stock bullshit is the set. The wallstreetbets guy is on the back painting a line

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

veni veni veni posted:

Really? That is one of my favorite builds and display models. Easily my favorite SW UCS next to the Falcon.

04 or 17?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Guns are not a ...

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The wheels are just all off to me

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Now that you have a baby just leave them until the baby is old enough to think it's cool and fun to root around the pile to find the special pieces for you.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

AllisonByProxy posted:

I made an incredibly stupid thing and I'd like you to vote for it if you would:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/41918c77-c9e0-410b-ad1f-948a368c6619

I really like those condiment dispensers

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Is the ISD the largest object, real or fictional, to be represented in an official lego set (bear in mind the world map is merely a map and not depicting the world itself :spergin:)? That makes it kind of neat.

There's the SSD and Death Star

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Scipiotik posted:

That theme sounded like such a loser from the start, where are castle and pirates lego?!

Explorians or riot!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Earth posted:

No to space, yes to Aquazone.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

RatHat posted:

On the site it says January 2022 for first wave preorders and June 2022 for second wave.

Uh what happens if I don't live here in a year?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cloks posted:

Lego customer service updated the shipping address for me.

That's good news.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

RatHat posted:

Good god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph39br0ODyA

Star Wars fans are very dedicated

(Obligatory "my left ear loved this")

This is amazing and it goes on forever

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Stan Taylor posted:

Building the Seinfeld set right now and the sticker sheet is incredible

Av material

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Hopper posted:

especially since other manufacturers have superior models (Cada)

WHo?

:stare:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I got myself an office plant for when we return and die next month. Hello Birds of Paradise

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I think that owl kicks rear end and some of the details like the potions also own. Maybe I'll try and build it myself off bricklink? Is that economical? To try and buy pieces and build a set?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Well that's what I'm saying the owl doesn't look like it's got unqiue pieces but what do I know? I'll trust you goons to know better though.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

veni veni veni posted:

The Lego store by my house has a MOC by one of the guys from the engineer team on Lego masters. I guess they live in my city.

Pretty neat build. Looks cool in the store, although I've been looking at mind blowing mocs for so long I'm just kind of like eh. Not that I'm saying it's not cool, but I feel like anyone with a lot of parts could pull that off. Tbh I thought those guys were probably the weakest team on either season of lego masters. Not trying to be a hater it's a neat ship regardless.

That's a neat build and better than anything they made during the show. (well, their hat idea was pretty cool)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

RatHat posted:

Oh cool, the new Harry Potter collector’s set gives you the pieces to make the scarves of any of the 4 houses you want. It doesn’t entirely make sense since the set also includes Harry’s glasses and wand, implying this is his stuff, but whatever.

It's his owl.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

:hai: Some folks don't care for the water stages but I personally found them extremely satisfying.

Which build is everyone doing for Barracuda Bay, the ship or the bay?

Por que nos los dios?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
If you're that worried and buying online can't you buy a single pick-a-brick?