Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nippashish
Nov 2, 2005

Let me see you dance!
This is excellent. I look forward to hours of annoying goons with terrible music :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio PhoolCat
Aug 13, 2003

Gentlemanly attire.
(wheee)

morningoones :baby:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
RPC! Welcome to our re-launch party, olde man. :corsair: Queue us some Tull and tell us a tale of the early days. :cheers:

Comfy Chairs
May 21, 2005

by Ralp
Please don't be alarmed if the site slows down inexplicably or spontaneously combusts. The project is pretty much "baby's first Python app" at present and hasn't had any more than 10-15 simultaneous users during development.

Any bugs (and there are many) or feature requests can be brought up in gbs-fm's rudimentary forums or in IRC. For anyone familiar with the old GBS-FM the plan is to eventually implement as many features from it as possible.

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
A reminder that if you want to hear DJs, they're on GhettoRadio during the weekend, or at night (European/North American time) during the week.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Sup fellas. Hey has that douche started playing "Faithfully" repeatedly yet?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

What the hell is the 'song' currently on?

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
It was the most traumatizing thing I've heard in my life.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Davincie posted:

What the hell is the 'song' currently on?

Splash Damage posted:

It was the most traumatizing thing I've heard in my life.

This is GBS-FM. You'll have to be more specific than that.

Radio PhoolCat
Aug 13, 2003

Gentlemanly attire.
(wheee)

Beelzebozo posted:

RPC! Welcome to our re-launch party, olde man. :corsair: Queue us some Tull and tell us a tale of the early days. :cheers:
eh?
who are you people and what are you doing in my internet page?

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

delfin posted:

It was a 5 minute audio clip of an anime girl being eaten alive by a dog/monster. Sickly sounds of flesh ripped apart, noisy, horrifying chewing and pained whimpers for straight 5 minutes.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

pr0k posted:

Don't go invoking the nether powers this early, pr0k. :(

Keru fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 11, 2010

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

pr0k posted:

We haven't seen him for years. Thankfully.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Nice. Now to annoy people with my horrible taste in music.

H.P. Grenade
Oct 21, 2003

Smooth.
What is this, I specifically queued up Jethro Tull's 'Life is a Long Dong' <:mad:>

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Splash Damage posted:

It was a 5 minute audio clip of an anime girl being eaten alive by a dog/monster. Sickly sounds of flesh ripped apart, noisy, horrifying chewing and pained whimpers for straight 5 minutes.

Scuttle_SE
Jun 2, 2005
I like mammaries
Pillbug
Right now the webserver is straining a bit under the load, we're looking into it. If you get a "Don't panic" screen, just reload and you should be fine.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I'll just stick this here in case people are afraid of big IRC clients.

http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23gbs-fm&server=irc.buttes.org

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery
Thanks for that MR, I'll repeat myself, general discussion in IRC please, comment box (at the bottom of the playlist page) is for comments about the particular track only.

Thanks guys.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Thanks both, updated the OP.

Can anyone recommend some decent streaming music iphone/android/etc apps to put in the OP that will work ?

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.

DaWolfey posted:

Can anyone recommend some decent streaming music iphone/android/etc apps to put in the OP that will work ?

For the iPhone and iPod touch there's Waft or FStream, though I gather FStream is no longer available.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Nihiliste posted:

For the iPhone and iPod touch there's Waft or FStream, though I gather FStream is no longer available.

I'm using Waft right now and its pretty awesome, once you get it set up right.

You don't need to put the listen.pls of the stream url in to it, just gbs.fm:8080
I have noticed that when you stick GhettoRadio it displays the track information/boxart, but not on GBS-FM.

Also, Chrome Radio Player integrates with Chrome nicely.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 11, 2010

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope
I love GBS.FM! Awesome to see the play list so long again.

Anyone know of anything that works on Blackberries? I tried a few different audio streaming programs but none of them worked very well. That may be because I'm on lovely EDGE service as well though.

aSSbAG.
Apr 10, 2005

Somethingawful's MAD Trucker

DaWolfey posted:

Android: "streamfurious" and "a online radio" confirmed working on Android 2.1 i don't have froyo yet.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Thanks, OP updated.

edit: Also added this Vista/7 desktop gadget that shows the number of listeners, song and has a play button/volume control. Pretty neat.

DaWolfey fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 11, 2010

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

OH YES!

The radio station that will make you look at your computer and go "What the gently caress!" at least once an hour is back. So happy it is, will be listening right now.

Fig Newton
Oct 29, 2005

Farquar posted:

Now listen to Pearl Necklace by ZZ Top with your new open eyes.

:psyduck:

Wait, what?

Oh.
OHHH.

Like I said, such an educational place...

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
Hey, GBSFM. I used to be sister miyagi. How hard would it be to get my GBSFM name changed too?

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Now let's say the unthinkable happens, and the playlist runs out? Will it randomly build one or will there be dead air?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Cemetry Gator posted:

Now let's say the unthinkable happens, and the playlist runs out? Will it randomly build one or will there be dead air?
It plays the last song over and over again until someone else shows up to add a new one. There's also a bot that adds songs sometimes, but it's relatively flaky.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Cemetry Gator posted:

Well if the past few months are any indication, it will play the last song on the playlist over and over.

And over.
And over.
And over.
And over.
And over.
And over.

Fig Newton
Oct 29, 2005

I now know about Tyskke Ludder. Thank you, GBS-FM.

Nippashish
Nov 2, 2005

Let me see you dance!

Mustache Ride posted:

Well if the past few months are any indication, it will play the last song on the playlist over and over.

It should switch to bees.mp3. The bees are fantastic :3:.

Professor Murda
Sep 15, 2002

Mustache Ride posted:

And over.
And over.
And over.
And over.
And over.
And over.

This DOES happen if Socks (the bot) isn't doing it's job. When Socks IS on, it will randomly add tracks to keep things going.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I want to stress to anyone thinking about adding stuff that there's a lot there, but there's still a lot of holes. For instance, nobody thought to upload The Lemonheads' cover of "Mrs. Robinson" until I did it. There's still a lot of big stuff that isn't there, and a few moments searching will help make this more awesome.

newsomnuke
Feb 25, 2007

Socks was flakely mainly because I was hosting it on my terrible connection/computer that liked to hibernate at night, but it's been rewritten and is now hosted on the GBSFM server.

edit: socks is the IRC bot that lets you mess about with GBSFM from the safety of your IRC client! Come into #gbs-fm and try typing @add pain!

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008
I'm really glad to see GBS-FM is still going strong! Its good to see some fresh meat in the mix too. Like everyone else said, if you're new to it, give it some time before you decide you hate it.
:rock:

Buml0r
Sep 15, 2003

WIGGLE HE
Two days working away from internet and I miss the big launch! D:

Anyone who's heard my nerdy acapella songs may be interested to learn that lots of them were not only played on gbs-fm before anywhere else, but actually recorded specifically for gbs-fm. The Club Song has a couple of archaic gbs-fm memes in it that are now so old that they're almost entierly forgotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There seems to be a limit to how often you can add a song to the global playlist. But this limit is not documented as far as I can tell.

How often can I put something objectionable and irritating amazing and awesome into the playlist?

• Locked thread