Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
There needs to be some finnish spitz cred in this thread. :colbert: But no one in PI has one that I know of, and I only know the one a close friend owns. She's out of shape, but I love her. If all Fins are like her it makes me seriously consider one. Likes things her way, doesn't get in your face, but she's VERY food motivated and will do anything you ask for a treat. Shame they didn't know what she was when she was a puppy though. :( She's very dog aggressive, but at least she's great with all people situations.

Kerfuffle fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Sep 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Are spitz doggies generally good/bad with other dogs? I'm aware of Akita's gender aggression but not much beyond that.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Thanks for the responses guys. You DFW ladies need to let me meet your jerky dogs. :colbert:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I just wanna pet your dog wolfstein he just looks so fluffy and he's so cute. :saddowns:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
You better not be leaving DFW <:mad:>

(I wouldn't blame you if you did though)

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
:sigh: This thread is making me consider giving in my boyfriend's desire for a shiba. Maybe I'll adopt one from the rescue you work for when I* think we're up for it pasiley. :3:

*yes me not him he doesn't know anything about dogs

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Paisley, I need photos of your dog..

sitting in a chair

like people

I need it a reference photo :shobon: specifically for a shiba. He doesn't have to pose naturally like that so long as his butt in the seat of the chair. So if someone can hold him up with his butt on the right spot, that works.

..How else am I supposed to draw spitzdogs eating dinner like proper folk? :mad:

(I'll post the sketch idea later I promise)

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I love Moxie! :3: She has the sweetest face. Is she getting any better with crating?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Captain Foxy posted:

"NO."

:3:

shibainu.jpg

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Pretty Cool Name posted:

Is all I can say really.

This is so perfect. It's like bliss from seeing something so wonderfully cute.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Haha oh my are those wisps and chunks of fur I see gathered over there in the background?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Egad! posted:

I have no clue who drew this, but I saw it and it reminded me of this thread:

Ahahhaa this is fantastic. "My fat face will surely fit!"

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
nice brown dog bro

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Is waffleimages down? I wanna see chowchowsssss :saddowns:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Yessssss I saw your dogs in the Post your pet thread and hoped you would come in here. Such lovely doggies. :3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Stop it Steve! I do not want a puppy OR a shiba, no I do not no no no. :(

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I have a ~question~

This came up in another thread

Captain Foxy posted:

Also seconding get him on a good food. Spitz benefit from fish-based diets in particular; try Orijen 6 Fish or Fromm's Salmon Recipe. :)

Is this from several spitz breeds having origins in asian countries near the ocean? (and thus were given the same food that the people ate) I've heard a few theories about this but didn't know exactly what to think of it. It makes sense in theory anyway.

Forgive me if the answer is buried somewhere in the massive OP, I may have missed it. :saddowns:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

wtftastic posted:

By the way, do Finnish Spitz count as primitive breeds?

Yes they do. You better post pics if you've got them. :colbert:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
My knowledge of what a good shar pei should be is basically zero, but in my uneducated opinion that's a fine looking doggy. :3:

I miss wildflower season back home SO MUCH. :( For those of you who don't live in DFW, they very often spread wild flower seeds in grassy areas along the highways, it's really uplifting when they bloom every year.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Riiseli posted:

:mad: to you too puppy

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Brokyn posted:

I literally want to break into your house and steal your dog. :negative:

I thought this too until I realized every photo of that gorgeous dawg is paired with endless amounts of fur tornadoes on the floor.

I'd settle for pets though. :3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

rivals posted:

:neckbeard: He looks so guilty peeking in there.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

angrytech posted:

Are mastiffs considered a primitive breed?

Bully breed I think.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Do not even care about how big of jerks akitas are, I love that look. So orange and fluffy. :3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

6-Ethyl Bearcat posted:

Look into something that works from the inside out. I assume you're using something topical at the moment? I use Comfortis with my dogs and it works great. It's prescription in the US but you can buy it online without a prescription.

Echoing this, great for dogs that have a lot of coat or spend a lot of time outdoors. Winter fleas are a huge bummer, been there. :|

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I'm still laughing at "A PUPPY DID A THING THAT PUPPIES DO BECAUSE THEY ARE DUMB AND GROSS? GET RID OF IT."

Thanks for taking the little guy on and giving him a chance. Too bad your friend probably learned nothing from the experience. :(

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
The gently caress is a Kai Ken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

TVs Ian posted:

Another type of Japanese spitz dog. Brindle. Adorable. Pam had a returned dog as an adult rescue a few months ago :3:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kai_Ken

Dat brindle is cute. :3:

• Locked thread