Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?

Thrust On Moore posted:

I was going to ask what the point of muting the music was since it's technically all copyright material, but I guess it's less of a hassle to not worry about Cartoon Network and some music label breathing down your neck.

I actually checked to see whether or not the master recording was owned by Warner (the only major label that has a beef with YouTube), and it turns out it isn't. Surprisingly, J.G. Quintel himself has been posting YouTube links to the show each week- I guess he doesn't mind it being distributed illegally as long as it gets more people interested and hopefully watching or something. Here is the link he posted to "Caffeinated Coffee Tickets," which features the sound unmuted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?

SpacePig posted:

It's pretty cool that he linked that, but why is every related video, besides, like, 4 of them, episodes of Lizzy McGuire?:psyduck:

Probably because the Regular Show video has "HQ" in the title, as the Lizzie McGuire videos do? Related videos usually have a connection with a word or words in the video title, which sometimes leads to unusual results.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

Disargeria posted:

The way they react to the video game graphics reminds me of Strong Bad.

Those are indeed Videlectrix-quality good graphics.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

SpacePig posted:

I think what'll help Regular Show is that it doesn't really have a set premise, unlike Strong Bad Emails, and it looks like the zaniness is going to be in check, unlike HSR in its entirety. It's pretty much just about 2 guys hanging out, and it's kinda hard to gently caress that up when a show has no set rules or anything.

Some of the non-sbemail H*R stuff has premises just as odd as Regular Show episodes, like "Strong Bad is too lazy to get a drink, so he and The Cheat pretend they're looking at a thing in a bag in order to sucker Homestar to get one for them, which somehow backfires," or "Strong Bad and The Cheat both can't remember how The Cheat peeing in Homestar's melonade somehow led to Homestar being stranded on an ice floe." I think if Regular Show and H*R have anything in common, it's that both of them have an avant-guarde, anything-goes style of humor with nutty characters and unusual dialogue. But the same thing could be said of anything from Monty Python to Adult Swim. A lot of the best humor has those qualities.

mobo85 fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Sep 29, 2010

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

kefkafloyd posted:

Sure it can. You never played Impossible Mission or Castle Wolfenstein on the Commodore 64?

MATTEL ELECTRONICS PRESENTS...BEEE-SEVENTEEN BAHMER

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I saw two guys at work once who were buying a bunch of soda for their job and they threw in a candy bar as well and didn't want me to ring it up because the boss would know, and for some reason they reminded me a lot of Mordecai and Rigby, both in personality and the fact that that sounded like something they might do. In fact, it almost sounded like they called their boss "Benson."

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

Macrame_God posted:

Really. I kinda expected "Phineas and Ferb" to be on that short list. I guess that story about the Annies having it in for Disney is true.

They did get a writing nomination (alongside The Simpsons and Futurama, which is both odd and good company) for the "Nerds of a Feather" episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

Two minute short involving Mordecai and Rigby trying to write a song. It involves a novelty ringtone. And yes, you can download it.

• Locked thread