Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Teenage Fansub posted:

No AA and 30fps is disappointing. It looks pretty crunchy, but at least it has lighting.
Does it compare favorably to the 360 version of Williams Collection at least? Not sure what the tech specs were on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Hm, so it's safe to say that PS3 is the "lead platform" for Pinball Arcade? That's the only scenario in which I'd buy a game for PS3 over 360. I'm kinda glad if that's the case actually; I like the idea of having all my FX tables on one console and all my PA stuff on another (Xbox Williams Collection notwithstanding). I've gotten a decent amount of Pinball videogames by now but I try to avoid getting redundant tables (only real reason I've avoided Pinball Arcade on the iPhone).

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Would any PS3 users be interested in doing a long-term game share for Pinball Arcade and all the DLC? There's a gamesharing thread but I figure this would be the best place to ask. I'm pretty sure the sharing limit is just two consoles now, if I'm wrong I'd be totally down for having more people in the group though.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Anyone play the iOS versions of Pinball Dreams/Illusions? I'm hoping they're not just sloppy PSP ports. I have a soft spot for Amiga stuff.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
So if Twilight Zone got made, anybody would be able to buy it later on (not just those who donated), right? I'm not sure how these KickStarter projects work. And there's a chance that this might come out ONLY for iOS? I haven't bought Pinball Arcade yet, but that type of info would definitely influence which platform I get it for.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Same Great Paste posted:

The only slight exception is that 360 people cannot participate in the free-game reward because microsoft doesn't allow giving out codes.

Beelzebozo posted:

Those who donated up front (at least :10bux:) will get a free copy of the table DLC on any platform but Xbox 360. The latter exception owing to the fact that MSFT will not generate DLC tokens for publishers. The table will still be available for purchase on Xbox 360.
Ah, well that clarifies it for me. Thanks!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Finally gonna jump into Pinball Arcade now that I've got a ton of MS points. Did they add the dynamic lighting stuff yet? I know it's been discussed, but the updates for all the different platforms have been hard to follow. Either way I'm confident in going for the 360 version since it's apparently the lead platform. I know I'll be stuck waiting longer for DLC, but I've got a ton of stuff to play so it's cool. Thought about going for PS3 but the ongoing reports of (bluetooth?) lag have scared me off.

Oh yeah and what's the deal with those bugged updates... I should delete my old PA demo before proceeding, or something like that?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I just bought the game for the first time today, and installed that free update file before doing anything. Should I be okay without all this profile trickery?

Also what's the current status of the PA kickstarter/s? I was half-paying attention to those posts before I owned the game... they're on hold at the moment or something? I wanna give 'em money!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Same Great Paste posted:

The Twilight Zone kickstarter has already won, and all that's left is the waiting.

The Star Trek : The Next Generation kickstarter video was posted in this thread a week or so ago, but the kickstarter does not yet exist. They're holding off on actually launching it for whatever reason only they know. Maybe they're all too busy on some other project to properly care and feed it. Maybe they're waiting for the current swell of negativity on their facebook to die down. A lot of theories, very few answers. But the fact that the video exists proves that they at least currently intend to kickstart it.

Edit :

Was the video. Looks like Farsight yoinked it -- searching for a copy on youtube is an endless ocean of bullshit spam. It was a pretty cool video for no other reason than talking about the table's innovation of the instantaneous sink hole to up kicker magic.
Ahhh, thanks. I'll just sit tight for now then!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Never used Kickstarter before but I just funded Star Trek pinball with my :10bux:. I feel all fuzzy inside. :unsmith:

Would it be appropriate to mention this in the Star Trek or general Xbox threads, or would cross-posting Kickstarter stuff like that be a no-no on these forums?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Kickstarter for the Star Trek TNG table is at 70% of the goal so far! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-star-trek-the-next-generation/posts/295697

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Table Pack 3 has "officially" launched for Xbox, although leaderboards won't be up until later apparently:

Pinball Arcade Facebook page posted:

At long last, Table Pack 3 has been officially launched for Xbox 360! This pack includes Monster Bash and Gorgar. The leaderboards should be active by the end of the week. Table Pack 3 is scheduled for a September 4th release on PSN/Vita in North America (along with a title update that adds trophy support for Table Packs 1 and 2).
What was the issue that necessitated a delete and reinstall with the last pack? Was it this thing with the leaderboards, or a different, achievement-related issue? If the achievements are unhindered this time I'll probably just start playing right away.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Beelzebozo posted:

Both the leaderboards and achievements are tied to the same XBL configuration file that Microsoft keep failing to update before making content available on the Marketplace. If you play now your scores won't count, and you'll have to recover your profile if you allow an achievement to pop on a new table. You can avoid the latter by simply choosing New Game from the menu before entering your initials. I've been playing the new tables since the first time they were made available a couple weeks ago, and I've already unlocked tilt on both. Completing goals will not be affected by the XBL configuration file issue, by the way.
Ugh I'll just wait then. Thanks for the clarification! This begs the question though, why didn't Microsoft just hold the tables back an extra week if this was gonna be the case?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
How can Microsoft be such super-spergs over the general certification process, and then knowingly release content 3 days before the associated leaderboards go up? It's baffling.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
So what's the status of the Microsoft Certification Dance with PA Table Pack #3 on Xbox? I've got some free time tonight and I want to make sure it's safe to play. I saw it mentioned that leaderboards/achievments are up earlier than expected (Friday), but I wanted to make sure.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Echo Chamber posted:

I finally got around to buying the Pinball FX2 Marvel: Vengeance and Virtue pack because of the Back to school sale going on right now on Xbox Live. It has X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, and Ghost Rider. My plan for every Marvel pack is to wait for the sale. I figured it's worth mentioning.
Thanks for this! I had seen the sale, but I assumed it was just the original FX2 base tables that were on sale. Downloading Vengeance & Virtue right now!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Zeether posted:

:siren:Pro Pinball Remastered is up on Steam Greenlight!:siren: It's not Pinball Arcade but it sure as hell deserves votes.

The Kickstarter seems to be doing pretty bad though, $400k is kind of a big goal and so far only about $23,000 has been raised :ohdear:
Is Pro Pinball the one that had those single-table discs on PS1? I picked a few of those up dirt cheap at various GameStops, years ago, but never got around to playing them in earnest. The ones I have were called "Pro Pinball: Big Race USA," "Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey," and plain ol' "Pro Pinball."

Not sure if it's the same company but I also have KISS Pinball, True Pinball, and Extreme Pinball.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Geeze you guys weren't kidding about the Plants vs. Zombies table. Finding out you have another extra ball really shouldn't induce a groan like that.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
While playing Plants vs. Zombies, I realized for the first time that you can exit in the middle of a game and then resume it later. Has it always been like this in Pinball FX2, or does it vary on a table-by-table basis? Can you only save a state for one table at a time?

In any case this is a great feature, and it'll make an overly-forgiving table like PvZ more bearable now that I know I won't have to do a full game in one sitting.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

The Kins posted:

The new update sent out to Star Trek Kickstarter backers dropped a nice surprise: Scared Stiff and Elvira and the Party Monsters are both licensed and coming to Pinball Arcade! No Kickstarter needed!
Also, Star Trek TNG met its goal! So stoked. Awww Farsight, c'mere :glomp:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Looks like those who funded the Star Trek TNG Kickstarter for Pinball Arcade are being asked to choose their platform now.

I chose Xbox 360... :ohdear:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Don't forget Kirby's Pinball Land on original GameBoy! That was my first.

As far as real tables go, "Baby Pac-Man" would almost fit in the same category. I never knew about that one until I saw it at YESTERcades last year.:aaaaa:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Yodzilla posted:

What do you mean by yet? Is it real short and they're planning DLC or expanding the base game for free?
Not sure, but the App Store description says: "Join Momo in the first episode of an epic adventure to save his tribe." So probably. In any case it looks cool and I won't feel bad about throwing my $1 at it. :)

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Man every time I see ~5 new posts here I'm hoping that Pinball Arcade found an Xbox publisher :(

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I actually don't live that far from the 8, so I might go check it out this weekend. Is it any good? :shobon:
Haven't been there in a few years but it's an honest-to-goodness arcade (with JOYSTICKS galore, not like what you see at Dave & Busters) and it's great. I've seen people tweaking and even replacing controls on cabinets, so the stuff is generally well-cared for. Make sure you get a $6 cheese steak special.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Just got a Nintendo 3DS and I picked up a used copy of Williams Collection. Anyone know if there's a way to clear the save data?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
wow... okay, Williams Collection on 3DS might have worse graphics and a lower framerate than other versions. But the presentation when you flip the system upside-down is amazing! The pinball action happens on what is now the BOTTOM screen (the larger, 3D one), and the top screen becomes the backbox. It's like one of those dual-monitor virtual pin setups, but way more practical. It's sad to only have 7 Pinball Arcade-style tables available though. :smith: But I will buy any future 3DS pinball game that uses this feature!

Here's a video that demonstrates how drat COOL it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRU-ORMat60&t=182s

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
A nice thing about Zen tables is that you can actually save and quit in the middle of a game (well on the 360 version at least). So a game lasting forever is less of a problem. And I suppose that could shift one's focus to completing goals rather than staying alive.

On a different note, I just realized that PS4 is probably get the newer Pinball Arcade tables before 360 does :(

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

zoux posted:

Also there is a Sopranos table :wtc:
lol, I actually got plot spoilers from that drat table when I was catching up on The Sopranos several years ago.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Kilometers Davis posted:

Sorry for being confused, but are there any pinball games on the 3DS (not ds) worth getting? I didn't even know there were any.
I downloaded that "Pinball Pulse" game that was mentioned a few posts up, and it seems good for what it is. That's technically DSi-ware though.

There's also Kirby's Pinball Land on the virtual console. Hardest Kirby game ever. :getin:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

roffels posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpzuHF2C7yk

Just a little video I made of my Ninja Turtles pinball machine. It's a pretty simple playfield, and it gets a lot of that Data East hate, but it's ok! I mean, it's no Addams Family or Theatre Of Magic, but it feels ok when it's put next to a lot of late 1980s games - the DMD doesn't add much, but it's useful for telling people not to do drugs. And the game is fairly difficult to make proper shots - makes me feel like a pinball amateur.
Maybe this is common for licensed properties, but I love how the "toys" on the playfield are literal Playmates action figures. :allears:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Kilometers Davis posted:

Hey guys has there been any news about the 360 tablhahahadafhsasfjahhsdsj :suicide:
every time I see new posts in this thread, I think "maybe.....":smith:

Having bought everything available on 360 (along with a pending TNG reward table), I really don't want to just buy the newer tables on a different platform. Rock Band has spoiled when it comes to having video game things in a single unified library. Besides, I feel like the game still performs the best on the 360, between PS3's lag and the VGA hookup I happen to use with my old Xbox. And hell if my old laptop can actually run anything made this decade (the newest game I've bought on Steam was a port of a 2D asynchronous iOS game, and it drat near overheats my system every time I turn it on).

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

GAY RETARD posted:

God, I really want to play TPA on PC but I cannot spend 30 bucks to get all the tables I already paid for on xbox. Is this game ever coming back to xbox or what? I mean i still have it installed but I would like to play the new tables. Is there anyway I can get the tables for free on PC since I already paid for them?
Nope, all purchases are platform specific. Hello, TPA collection-limbo buddy. :(:hf::(

Supposedly the other tables are slated to come out on 360 once the legal issues with the publisher settle, but with Xbox One out I have serious doubts that will ever happen. I guess my options are:

- Start over on PS3, repaying for inferior versions of tables I already have (the notorious flipper lag)
- Start over on iPhone and play on a tiny screen
- Buy an iPad and begrudgingly play on a decent screen with no tactile buttons
- Buy a new computer that can run games from the 2010s and start over on that
- Buy a PS4 and start over on that

Since none of these options are particularly desirable or financially responsible I guess I'm done with TPA for now. :smith:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Delusibeta posted:

You get Season One, which is the best season thus far, but it's buggy, which is entirely unsurprising considering :farsight:, and there's going to be a shitload of patches. Honestly? Unless resale is something you really value, get the download.
Does it have access to the same pool of DLC as the digital title? This is the type of retail game that I could picture getting a bargain deal on, but if it's gonna complicate the DLC process I'll stick to digital.

Another general PS4 question -- have the Kickstarter tables shown up there yet? If so I might see if I can get my reward for the Star Trek table switched from 360 to PS4.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Does the PS4 version of Pinball Arcade suffer from the "flipper lag" often reported on the PS3? Probably gonna cut my losses on 360 and rebuild my collection there, provided it's a decent version. I briefly got to play Theater Of Magic on a PS4 demo unit, and it felt pretty good. Also the reflections on the ball looked really nice.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Has anyone got their Pinball Arcade Kickstarter rewards for 360 switched over to PS4? Wanna try this for Star Trek TNG if they offer it. Not sure if they'd only switch you out for platforms that were available at the time of the Kickstarter though.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Billy Gnosis posted:

I contacted farsight (through support@pinballarcade.com , messaging them on kickstarter did nothing) to switch my twilight zone kickstarter bonus from 360 to PS4 and they sent me a code for ps4 in a day or two (which felt like kind of a waste since after playing that I sprung for the season, oh well).
Huh, I hadn't realized that the Kickstartered tables got rolled into the season bundles. I'll definitely be picking those up eventually. Hm, maybe I'll just get TNG on iPhone or something. Thanks!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Haven't checked this thread in a few months. I don't suppose there have been any developments regarding additional TPA tables on Xbox 360? I suspect my Star Trek Kickstarter prize will remain forever unclaimed... :(

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Clouseau posted:

All of TPA up to Addams is hitting the 360 Monday.
Got an email update from the TNG Kickstarter page about this today, and I couldn't believe it. I kinda assumed I'd be starting my TPA collection over once I got a PS4. Any real generational improvements besides the lighting and stuff? 360's already got a practical advantage IMO since I'm using the VGA cable for it. Anyway, that email was a pleasant surprise after what, like 3 years? I'll take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Are there any specialized pinball USB controllers out there? Like a heavy thing you could just plop down in front of a laptop, with buttons on the side and maybe a plunger? I just ordered a decent PC, and the Pinball Arcade season 1 pack is cheaper than the cost of the tables I'm missing on Xbox, so I might just start over on Steam. If nothing else I can use a 360 controller, since those triggers feel more like slamming real pinball buttons than a laptop keyboard would (even if I'm technically losing some precision).