Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
Are we still doing these? I'm paying $60/mo for this, plus an $8 MSN Premium fee that they won't take off no matter what I do (never activated it, btw). The only reason I'm not switching to another provider - I think the only other here is Cogeco - is that we have a grandfathered plan which is totally unlimited. Hopefully. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
Bell Canada has started to call multiple times daily within the past week, no doubt trying to get me to alter our internet plan, thus not being a grandfathered 'unlimited' DSL plan. I wish we had another good option where we live, because this poo poo is ridiculous.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
Got a disconnect notice from Bell today over $40. My dad - it's under his name - called and told Bell to shove it up their rear end. He, then, of course, ended up being talked into a slightly cheaper deal with now means we're on a contract and also do not have grandfathered unlimited plan.

I've explained twice that TekSavvy would've been half the price for phone & internet that we were paying, and we would have gotten 300gb/mo bandwidth cap instead of this 145gb bullshit we've apparently agreed to.

Jesus loving christ. :downsbravo:

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
I hate you all.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
gently caress Bell. I'm paying for "Bell Internet 6", the best DSL I can get. I'm in between two towns but on the main road.

I want to switch to the cable offering but all of the TekSavvy stories I've been hearing lately have been putting me off. That, and my postal code covers both rural and slightly less rural areas, and whenever I call, they're not exactly sure I can get it.

It's terrible trying to freelance from home with this poo poo, though. Those numbers are 10% better than my usual, and that is sad.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

I don't know why this started happening out of the blue after months of 1Mbps speeds, but now I'm getting what I pay for so I can't compl-- *looks at above post* -- oh.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

That 5/0.5 looks like what I had with Rogers like 10 years ago. Except I had 100 GB cap lol.

I have 6/0.6 :smithicide:

loving rural Ontario.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

infernal machines posted:

At least you're not running off some shared LOS microwave system located on top of someone's grain silo.

The people living at the other end of my ~2km long road don't even have an option for DSL, it's either Xplornet, rocket stick or dial-up. So.. I guess I'm lucky, if this is what luck entails.

We didn't even get an option that wasn't dial-up until 2005. 2005!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

Nitr0 posted:

Where do you live?

Quinte region. Nobody wants to invest in anything here, unless it's on the air base. :(