Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
My cousin and I will 'trade books' sometimes; I'll buy a book for him that I liked, he'll buy a book for me that he liked. We read and compare.

Last time I got him 'The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay'. He got me 'In the Name of the Wind'.

We don't trade books anymore.

Edit: holy poo poo it is so bad. It is an open sore of a book.

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I like my cousin, though.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

jivjov posted:

Did people not realize that "Khaleesi" is a title, not a name?

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

“No one writes about economic reality within this genre like Pat Rothfuss. The real-world weight of the sometimes impossible distance between the things you want and need and what you have in your pocket.

No one writes about music like Pat Rothfuss. The way it sneaks into your soul, the way it feeds you like nothing else.

No one writes about stories like pat Rothfuss. How the right story at the right time can change the world, how the teller can shape a life.

No one writes like Pat Rothfuss. Full stop. Read this book.”

- Lin-Manuel Miranda'

:barf:

The same cousin who wanted me to read this book is obsessed with Hamilton. He called it, quote, 'the greatest hip-hop album of the decade'. I don't hate Hamilton but I might hate Lin-Manuel Miranda now.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

StonecutterJoe posted:

Rothfuss is a master of working the "No, this nerdy poo poo is deep and insightful and philosophical!" angle. Which makes you deep and insightful and philosophical, too, by liking it, and it gets perpetuated by other celebs like Lin giving blurbs like the one above, turning into a giant circle-jerk. Basically catnip for people who can't just enjoy nerdy poo poo and be happy with it for what it is.

aaaaaaa

he called me and he brought up the pull quote to try and get me to read the second one

• Locked thread