Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I've been thinking about the color nook, because the fact that is runs on top of a crippled (?) android OS intrigues me...do you ever think it will be possible for it to be, like...super rooted? or something?

I don't know the word for what I want, but basically just make the underlying android OS more accessible so I can use it more like a tablet...load regular Android apps, etc...? Like a much less-powerful Galaxy Tab? Or is is so gimped and underpowered that even if that could be done, you wouldn't want to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Beffah posted:

Any thoughts on this? It's on sale for a hair under $130 with free shipping, but to me it looks like a knock-off iPad. My father asked (read: told) me to check it with thoughts of my mother, but I've never heard of the brand.

Android 1.6? :barf:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Is it possible to have multiple accounts on a kindle app for android? My girlfriend has a kindle and would like to be able to read her books on my nook color but i don't want to make it so i'll be 'locked out' or somethibg if i ever want to start using it.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

big mean giraffe posted:

:psyduck:

I don't think you can use multiple accounts at once, but you could always wipe the app data (no idea what is and isn't possible in Nookdroid land) or uninstall/reinstall the app.

I assume tge :psyduck: is in reference to kindle books on a nook? If you root a nook color it becomes a nearly fully functional android tablet... it's pretty sweet.

But that's a little extreme since i was hoping for something like she logs in, reads a book, logs out, then i log in and read a book. I guess i can just stick to getti my books from the b&n store.