Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Does Borders still display Sony readers, or are they exclusively pushing the Kobo now? It's been a while since I've been in a store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Daric posted:

How often do you guys read pdf's? I only deal with them when reading a restaurant's menu online sometimes.

Hope you never plan on graduate school. :smith:

For PDF reading, I'm just planning on an iPad whenever the second gen releases this spring. I'll keep the Kindle around for book reading, though - I just love having a little, light device that reads books exclusively - too many features can prove easily distracting for me. :shobon:

Duckman2008 posted:

Very smart move on the iPad, my biggest beef is Apple always screws over people who buy the 1st Gen of their product.

What? How so?

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Guilty posted:

Probably. a Tablet or e-reader of some sort will definitely make life infinitely easier for students. It's already pretty bad that I've got to pack a backpack and a messenger bag once or twice a week. Can't wait till I just need that kindle.

edit: I can really only speak for literature studies, but very frequently we're required to have a ton of books on hand in order to facilitate discussions or conferences, or even if we're doing the research it's a lot easier to have the primary source on hand. schlepping around a bag full of books is no fun at all.

I think it'd be a lot more useful for a literature student. Trying to read a scientific paper on a 6" Kindle is frustrating at best, though.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Personally, if I'm willing to pay $380 for a large screen reader, I'd rather pony up the extra $120 and get an iPad. It's an option, though.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Ooof, page numbers are something I've wanted on my Kindle for ages now and yet I'm on a Kindle 2. Is there any hope? :smith: