Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Can anybody recommend a case with a light built into it for the Kindle 3? I like the official one but $60 for a case is just stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Troubadour posted:

You can get a Zenithink zt-180 for around $170. That's an Android tablet with 10 inch screen and ok battery life and speed. Or you can get an e-ink reader and zoom around on the page.

Resistive touchscreen, gross. Otherwise nice specs.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
So get the Kindle DX.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Space Racist posted:

Personally, if I'm willing to pay $380 for a large screen reader, I'd rather pony up the extra $120 and get an iPad. It's an option, though.

Good call. At least then you could properly view PDFs.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
I have the Speck Dust Jacket case, and it's really, really nice. Feels like a nice old leather book when its closed, and when it's open there's a stand on the back that pops out so you can stand the Kindle + case up while you're sitting at a desk or table or something.

I think it was $35 or so. Worth it.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Woke up on Sunday morning, fired up my Kindle Keyboard 3G for some reading and the screen completely shat the bed - it looks like somebody smashed an LCD.

Called up Amazon, told them the problem, and I'll have my replacement by tomorrow.

I love you Amazon.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

VERTiG0 posted:

Woke up on Sunday morning, fired up my Kindle Keyboard 3G for some reading and the screen completely shat the bed - it looks like somebody smashed an LCD.

Called up Amazon, told them the problem, and I'll have my replacement by tomorrow.

I love you Amazon.

It actually came 30 minutes after this post.

gently caress YEAH AMAZON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Microsoft Nook eReader