Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

that was the first thing I tried heh, no dice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Okey doke, it's been a while since I've used premiere but I'm pretty sure you can right click on clips and see "interpret media" or something like that yeah? Have a look see if anything seems out of place.

I seriously doubt you would have accidentally applied any effects like "posterise time" to a clip, but couldn't hurt to check that as well.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

these past few days been working on footage where:
-the lighting is different between different camera positions on the same scene
-the boom mic is visible in a couple shots
-the characters are in different poses between shots
-props are in different positions or outright missing between shots
-you can hear directions overlapping with character dialogue
-camera sheet uses camera filenames from 3 different cameras, and sometimes they just wrote the last two digits of some filenames and as such they sometimes overlap with a different camera's
-a camera was set to 720p

it's been a long dark tunnel and im starting to see the light and all i wanna do is cry

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

How does that sound?

Illegal Hen

ArfJason posted:

it's been a long dark tunnel and im starting to see the light and all i wanna do is cry

"Eh, just a few minor goofs. Nothing you can't fix in post, right?"

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ynohtna posted:

"Eh, just a few minor goofs. Nothing you can't fix in post, right?"

got in a groove and did a monumental amount of work lol. i might actually finish in a couple hours

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

I'm kind of new to Premiere Pro and so far I've only been using it to replace parts of the audio tracks in videos that are already edited. Right now I'm trying to find a way to have like a small window playing a clip while another clip plays. The thing is, the smaller clip has dynamic cropping, and if I just try to insert it into the the bigger one the old-fashioned way, it moves around too much. What can I do to keep the smaller clip in a fixed position as it plays over the bigger one?

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Turn it into a nested sequence and then you can move that around like itís a rendered out clip.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Right, I'll give it a try. Also I work with very large videos sometimes and I'd like to remove the fluff because my computer isn't the fastest. But why is Edit -> Remove Unised grayed out?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Got a big STEM up my asshole.

Final Cut question I can't find anywhere:

I have video footage on a network volume. Is there a way to leave the files in place but 'import' proxy copies to my computer for local editing, and then have the final render come from the media on the network volume?

Basically, can I somehow create a local proxy media that's 'linked' to source media from a network volume, and edit as if I was accessing the footage locally? Is that what the proxy media does for network storage?

e: One other final cut question. I record in 1440 but work in 1080. Is there a way to have Final Cut automatically stabilize but only in the vertical direction?

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Apr 7, 2021

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

This might be zero help as I don't know FCP, but in Premiere that's definitely possible. Essentially the proxies are just lower-res copies of the source material, and can be stored anywhere. The main thing is that in Premiere, when you set up your project you have to import the original clips first, then create or attach proxies to each one. Once that's done, you can disconnect from the original media and work entirely from the proxies.

The big trap is accidentally importing proxies as new media. If you do that, it's really hard to then switch to the original clips.

I dunno if that's any help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Not an FCP person so I can't tell you exactly how to do it, but that's something I do in Premiere and Resolve regularly. It's also called offline editing if that helps you google the exact how to. Here's an apple support article I found after a quick search: https://support.apple.com/guide/final-cut-pro/create-a-proxy-only-project-vere88b1ee9f/mac