Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
You guys might hate this question.

But I've always been curious as to how people get the typing effect. Where you hear some keystrokes, and the letters go across the screen.

Also, how did they do the Cow/Spoon text in this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ywBQHRuiRk&t=78s

It can't be a million titles right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Thanks!

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

BeavisNuke posted:

I've been trying to do more motion graphics work. See what you guys think.

https://vimeo.com/62883890 pw: lynn

This is with the after effects camera tracker. You really need a pretty well-lit and sharp focus scene for it to work well.

Out of curiosity, How'd you get the under plane footage?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I've been doing a number of timelapses lately. Mainly with GoPros.

Ideally, I'd like to turn the crazy big picture directories into a 4kish (for maximum flexibility [panning/cropping etc]) 4:3 (or 16:9 if I have to) size video file to archive them in case I decide to use a part of them at a later date. Working with the directories is a pain on my system. If I could just have them processed into a large frame video file, things would be much simpler.

Can I even do this with Premeire CS6? I remember trying before and coming up empty.

Utilities? Guides? Experiences?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

1st AD posted:

Iirc you can import image sequences into Premiere or AE and export to whatever video format you desire.

And your right, but I can't for the life of me get something decent over 1080p resolution. Is there some plugin/export configuration I'm missing?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

RaoulDuke12 posted:

It might not playback looking correctly on a monitor that doesn't have 4k worth of resolution, since it's scaling and you're essentially looking at it 50% zoom. Try taking your converted footage and throwing it into a 1080p timeline and see how it looks.

Nah the problem I had was none of the containers/formats I was trying supported anything north of 1080p res. Default in CS6 anyway.

Yip Yips posted:

Just do this. There's no reason to export at a higher than native res.

The native res of the time lapse pictures are rather high. Probably too high. So I was hoping to convert (and archive) them to a video file that was higher than 1080p to allow flexibility with cropping and panning later when I go to use the footage.

I'll try the animation codec. Thanks!

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I have a ~3 hour sequence in Premiere CS6 with 3 audio tracks. One part of the MP4 video, another mp3, and another m4a.

I've tried a fresh sequence, lots of different MP4 encode settings, different audio settings, updated the drat thing, and nothing other than track 1 gets mixed. I'm only encoding 30 second bits to test.

I'm having a hard time troubleshooting this. Any pointers? I've worked with sequences with lots of audio tracks before, but I don't know how I've gotten myself into this situation. I've exported similar setups to this before (m4a and mp3) without issue as well.

Advice appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Ziploc posted:

I have a ~3 hour sequence in Premiere CS6 with 3 audio tracks. One part of the MP4 video, another mp3, and another m4a.

I've tried a fresh sequence, lots of different MP4 encode settings, different audio settings, updated the drat thing, and nothing other than track 1 gets mixed. I'm only encoding 30 second bits to test.

I'm having a hard time troubleshooting this. Any pointers? I've worked with sequences with lots of audio tracks before, but I don't know how I've gotten myself into this situation. I've exported similar setups to this before (m4a and mp3) without issue as well.

Advice appreciated!

Oh, the media encoder decides to ignore those tracks, yet the Premiere exporter doesn't. I guess I won't be batch exporting anything from this sequence. (Thank god I don't need to)