Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forget Forgive
Aug 13, 2007

I'm looking for a quick solution to videos I'm making for a friend's play. Namely, the DVD burning process.

These videos are going to be burned to DVD(s) and played through either an onstage or offstage DVD player into a Television on stage. Either the actors or the technicians will be operating this during the play while action is ongoing on stage.

My school's editing suite only has iDVD, which requires you have a gaudy theme pop up before or after your videos play. This cannot happen, since the play is set before that program existed and would clash with the aesthetic. However, they will allow me to download and install a free program if necessary.

What I'd really want to do is have the first video autoplay when the DVD is loaded into the player. Then it would pause when that video finishes, and not automatically go on to the next video on the disc. Thus instead of the actor pausing the video prematurely in order to avoid the next video popping up too early, the actor must press play to start each video.

Is this possible? Essentially the point is to disable the function that autoplays all the videos on a disc back to back and instead require the play button to be pressed for each video.

Failing that, I'll just burn 3 separate DVDs. The problem remains, though, of how to disable iDVD's theme entirely and just have a DVD of nothing but the 3 videos.

I'm using Final Cut Pro X. Perhaps I could string the videos together and put some buffer black space between them so that the techs/actors can hit pause as soon as they see pure black. Then FCPX's own DVD burning program would allow the option to autoplay instead of going to the menu.

Any advice on workarounds would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU