Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty Bodega
Feb 12, 2012

Colowful Wizuds
Anyone know why MP4 files are playing sluggishly in Premiere? (On a Windows.) Bitrate is about 2k, but for some reason it plays at like 1 frame a second on playback (rendering also takes FOREVER on just a 1 minute clip.) Doesn't have anything to do with the sequence settings I don't think. Audio track is disabled.

I've never had this problem before on MP4 files. Just started happening recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Bodega
Feb 12, 2012

Colowful Wizuds

Lizard Combatant posted:

Anyone given the Resolve 14 beta a shot yet?

It's pretty good now compared to 12.5 (which was awful for editing.) For projects that require a lot of touching up color-wise, it's a solid piece of software now for all-in-one. Compare that to before where I would edit a rough in Premiere, export my XML's, color, then re-export back into Premiere.

I haven't gotten into the audio mixing portion of it but my co-worker is currently in the process of testing it out while I go through the editing aspects. I'll post back in here later on in the week when I work on a few lesser projects in it.

So far, it's much better than before, and I'm definitely going to start using it for certain projects if the release out of beta is anything like its current state.

Rusty Bodega fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 26, 2017

Rusty Bodega
Feb 12, 2012

Colowful Wizuds

Asnorban posted:

I was just tasked with finding some way to have a searchable database / inventory of all of our content. Prior to this point we've just used a Google Docs spreadsheet and relied on people putting any content they created in that and adding descriptions / tags to it and now my boss wants something more robust and (somehow) easier. I'm not entirely convinced we can actually get people to input the content they create (there are maybe 10 of us spread across 3 countries), but ideally it could be some sort of form that could easily be filled out and then stored in a database that anyone could search / edit.

Any suggestions for software that may be able to do this?

My co-worker is actually looking into FileMaker for our large database of content. Other than that, Adobe has MAM (Media Asset Management) that we used to use.