Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

butterypancakes posted:

Recently it seems the internet is filled with nothing but hate for FCP. Too many people offended that they have to convert their DSLR footage to a decent format before editing.

DSLR fanatics are worse than the Red cultists. There I said it. You were thinking it, I said it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

bassguitarhero posted:

But that's the industry for ya

Not really. It's mostly just vocal amateurs.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Hey guys - here's how to be a movie editor! Thank me later!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeaNfBfsAsE&NR=1

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Here's how to edit an independent film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eobGWtGPUCM

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

DCPs are awful. If you're putting any restrictions on it just remember it will gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

WebDog posted:

Oh I'm not dismissing it. AVID is still head and tail above many things other NLE's are offering and it's the best for working across multiple edit stations.
Once you learn how you're meant to use it it's fine, else you sit there comparing the thing to Premiere or FCP 7 and tying your brain in knots as you try to extrapolate their methods with AVID's.

Dumb question, I know, but has Avid changed that much in, say, a decade or so? People are kinda not digging me doing edits in Resolve now that I've much-too-late ditched FCP7.