Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Heard a couple of the early woodwind notes as I scrolled through radio stations on my drive to work this morning, thought "hey, that sounds like...", and snapped back to the university station to listen to the rest of The Rite of Spring. Funny how the brain works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I thought Victoria Day was next weekend. Unlooked-for stat holidays are a great gift.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
You can still get little fm transmitters that plug into your phone's headphone jack

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

oldpainless posted:

I saw Midsommar

More like oldattestupainless

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I found a story I've been looking for for like half a year, one ostensibly written somewhere on SA about a guy discovering a tribe of intelligent mice in his basement and becoming friends with them.

Phy posted:

loving I FOUND THE MOUSE FRIENDS POST

Someone reposted it on the Democratic Underground forums and specifically called it out as being from SA

If you want to read it without leaving the loving embrace of father lowtax click on my name in the quote cause I requoted the story in my original post

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

I've always heard "someone walked over my grave." No ghosts or goose or ghost geese.

Ditto but it would make sense if the someone was a goose

There was an entire video game this year about their malice

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'd like to thank whoever gave me a personally crafted jumpscare based on trawling my post history from the last few months - I didn't even notice my av had been changed until I posted from my desktop

I'm not afraid to admit I had a moment

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The cucumbers in my garden are finally eating size now, and they're cool and flavorful.

poo poo's taken forever to mature this year.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Tom Lehrer put his entire catalogue into public domain

https://tomlehrersongs.com/

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
My wife got her second covid shot. That would be cause enough for being awesome, considering she works in a public-facing role and has one of the conditions that exacerbate covid. When she had her first shot, she had an allergic reaction to something in the solution, bad enough that she got epi jabs and a trip to the hospital for observation. (She's had allergic reactions to other vaccinations in the past, so we are were expecting it, but still.) So we figured she was probably boned for a second dose.

But nope, our local health board set her up with an allergist who administered the second shot as a slow drip along with a fuckton of antihistamines. She's gonna be real sleepy the rest of the day, but she's a whole lot safer, just in time for the delta wave.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Inceltown posted:

Tell your wife that at least one random dude on the internet thinks she's a hero.

I did, and she gave me a funny look and said "I'm not a hero, I'm just doing my civic duty."

Hell of a way to find out I married Superman

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
There's something to be said for turning your goddamn phone off and getting away from it all, but there's also something to be said for being able to shitpost in the dead of night from the middle of the woods

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am very glad your decrepit old bugger is ok. Lost one of mine earlier this year before he could have his 15th birthday, but our other one who is also coming up on 15 is still trucking along pretty well.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I got a cheque from the provincial government. Apparently the traffic ticket that I paid at basically the last minute back in January got quashed and they sent me the money back? That's a fuckin thing that happens ever?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
My pharmacy is having a weirdly hard time getting some anti-inflammatory eyedrops in, but it turns out my cat was prescribed the exact same medication last month (down to the concentration)

So I'm literally taking :catdrugs:

E: his condition cleared up because of, or at least concurrent with, a change in food, so I'm not gonna be depriving him or anything

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
My doc wants me to lose some weight so yeah kind of!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
My wife won five grand in a radio contest this morning

I tuned into the livestream as soon as she told me and caught the playback of when they called her, and when they asked her what she was going to do with the money, the first thing she could think of was "get my husband something really nice for his birthday coming up", and I'm like :qq:

Just hearing her think of me like that, unprompted and unguarded, is more of a gift than anything she could get me with the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Increased one of my old cat's medications and he's turned a corner, hungry as a fuckin horse. Knew you weren't out of the fight yet, buddy.