Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

Yeah, I could get an e63 for that price, but my wife prefers the look of BMW/Audi wagons to the Mercedes. :shrug:

Whatever car she’ll be getting will be doing 30k miles/year, so there’s also that. :suicide:

I know this is the MB thread, but your only modern BMW wagon option just disappeared so might be a good time to pick up a left over '19 328i for a discount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Mandalay posted:

I just searched Autotrader on my phone for a new 3 series wagon and got no results even after changing the distance to all. Where are you seeing this?

I’m in the market for a relatively new wagon and am considering an E class wagon. However, people seem to dislike the COMAND infotainment - are there different generations of it between 2016-2017 models? I have only been able to test drive a 2016 but the 2017 does seem potentially more modern in photos.

Oh woops, I'm a year behind looks like. I guess 2018 was the last year it was offered.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Is an old G wagen a terrible thing? Like G500 vintage. 30-35k is probably still a lot for an old Benz, but that's almost cheap enough to actually take off road if you wanted to.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Sweet, thanks for the link.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

"It uses an aluminium alloy block with dual overhead camshafts and has 4 valves per cylinder.[4] The M256 uses a 48V electrical system to operate a BorgWarner electric auxiliary compressor,[5] which can spin up to 70,000 rpm to reduce turbo lag.[6] An integrated starter alternator also provides up to 16 kW (22 PS) and 250 N⋅m (184 lb⋅ft) of boost, and replaces the drive belts by managing the water pump and air conditioning; allowing for a smaller and lighter engine."

So no owning this out of warranty.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

I was hopeful after the first part. Now I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

You can always dump it post warranty, market for E wagons favors the seller I'd think.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Classy as gently caress.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

Washed it today:

The best body style Benz makes.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

It'll be a new car? So all this is under warranty i assume. Can you buy additional coverage if you plan to keep it lo ger term?

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

flightless greeb posted:

You can get it on "Luxury Trim" E classes at least but not the "AMG Trim" that mine has but I'm going to install one anyway because I simply can't be stopped. I'd install the illuminated star too just to be triply annoying but it doesn't work with the adaptive cruise control radar which is a real shucks of a situation.

Didn't they fix this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

DANG, good thing yall have good cycle paths.