Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Hi thread. Just wanted to post my new 2019 AMG C43. It is my baby and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Colostomy Bag posted:

What color is that?

Lunar blue metallic. It’s a really great shade of navy blue that looks black at night. I originally wanted the selenite gray magno with the matte finish but that paint is backordered until December. After test driving this one I kinda fell in love with the color.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Frank Dillinger posted:

Hey, any of you guys own a Benz with the new Me Connect features? ie, remote start? It’s having some real functional issues here in Canada but I was wondering if it’s better in the states.

Outside of hating the way it’s implemented, with half the features being hidden in the website and not in the app, I haven’t had any issues. I mostly use it for the remote locking though.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

There’s really no difference between the interior of the C300 and C43. I test drove both before buying my C43. There are some cosmetic details on the outside though.

Regarding price - I bought a brand new 2019 C43 for 60k that was originally priced at 65k. There were no rebates but I just talked them down a bit. So there’s a bit of wiggle room.

deedee megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jun 9, 2021

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

After my third flat tire in under 9000 miles I have realized that run flats suck absolute poo poo unless you're only getting highway miles. Crappy city streets are hell on those tires and the ride is worse for it as well. I swapped out all of my tires yesterday and the ride is so much more comfortable. But now I'm considering getting a spare. I got a quote from the dealership and the spare kit is $1300 which seems ridiculous. I did a bit of digging and found some third party spare kits that are one third the price and I'm considering pulling the trigger. Any thoughts on this?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I was hoping to just get a donut for emergencies. I think the dealer quote is for a full size tire with rim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

The first time I got a flat I pulled over and called for a tow. The next two times I continued driving on the tire because it had no visible damage. Both times the tire made it about 8 miles at 20-30mph before they disintegrated. That 50mph garbage is a joke. And I don’t know how they’re testing these things for any distance because they just do not last at all. Run flats are loving worthless.

They seemed like a great idea until I actually used them and realized it’s all lies.