Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

So the discussion in the BMW thread got me thinking about other V12 options (your fault Tremek!) than 8 series BMWs.

Because there is something wrong with my brain, I have now been looking at C216 CL600 and CL65 options instead of the more reasonable W221 offerings. Any thoughts on trade-offs between the two CLs? Or is it just the usual one kidney for MB stuff, both for AMG?

Then, in terms of W221s vs C216s, I’m thinking the tech should be similar enough, unless it’s some coupe-specific part or trim, at which point the lower volume will result in a hefty premium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

TheBacon posted:

Hello Merc goons. On the scale of 1 to insane, how dumb is it to be thinking about one of the first gen US g wagons, an M113 engined one? Winterish daily slash maybe tow a little bit, but I assume it’s not a like mega hauler type of tow vehicle, maybe a miata on a trailer?

Alternatively I have read the thread title and maybe I should be looking at the G55 instead of G500?

I also have half a foot in the door of thinking about an E400/450 W213 4matic wagon

Who’s going to do the work on the G? I.e. will you be doing the work, or will you be paying somebody?

Do you have another car, or will you be relying on the G for transportation?