Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Hey thread, after months of work from home hell working out of my living room on the tv I’m finally gonna have space again for a desk with some monitors. I checked around to see what people were recommending but nothing jumped out at me, and I’ve been out of the monitor game for half a decade so I hope it wouldn’t be too rude to ask for a rec.

Because I’ll be doing gaming, work, and music stuff I decided to go with dual monitors rather than one ultra wide. Because I’ll be switching between a work laptop and a tower, I’d like the monitors to have multiple inputs. And because I’ll be spending a lot of time on them I don’t mind splurging a bit relatively speaking, spending around ~$300 a piece.

My gaming pc has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, everything else is pretty new and I’m looking to upgrade the vid card sometime in the next year.

Edit: oh yeah, I’ll be moving in a few weeks so I’d like to get my order in within that timeframe.

Thank you for any recs or advice :tipshat:

Tarranon fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

K8.0 posted:

You probably can't get them in your time window, so maybe wait until after moving, but the answer is to get a $380 LG 27GL83A (which right now is taking maybe 2-3ish weeks for Amazon to ship) and whatever the heck you want as a secondary monitor. At this point I'm a fan of 27" 4k for a secondary monitor as they're not that much more expensive than 1440p and the resolution is nice if you want to do spreadsheets or whatever on it. Some people hate the DPI difference, but right now I have matching DPI monitors and I actually kinda miss them being different.

Thank you! I actually got a ship date of next Friday so I should be all monitored up come move day.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

K8.0 posted:

You probably can't get them in your time window, so maybe wait until after moving, but the answer is to get a $380 LG 27GL83A (which right now is taking maybe 2-3ish weeks for Amazon to ship) and whatever the heck you want as a secondary monitor. At this point I'm a fan of 27" 4k for a secondary monitor as they're not that much more expensive than 1440p and the resolution is nice if you want to do spreadsheets or whatever on it. Some people hate the DPI difference, but right now I have matching DPI monitors and I actually kinda miss them being different.

Got this, set it up, have been very happy so far. Thank you for the rec.