Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Arcsech posted:

Thanks! My wife and I do some work with a local greyhound rescue and I'm hoping to take some pictures (of our dog and others) that they can use as promo shots.

This is a great thing to do. My cat is beautiful but looked really weird in the shelter pictures as they didn't put much effort into it. We are lucky we still decided to go for a meeting so we saw how awesome she was in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rot
Apr 18, 2005

I'm working at a warehouse during the off season from my proper job and one of the best perks is the guys bring their dogs to work!

Oswald:

Griz:

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
I went to an event over the weekend with a bunch of hounds, still getting used to this camera, which does mesh well with shooting high-speed subjects, but I got a couple good ones.

This nice close-up:
DSCF0286
by arcsech, on Flickr

And this action shot, which would be pretty good if there wasn't a dog butt in it:
DSCF0111
by arcsech, on Flickr

Pretty much all the others I hosed up the background even worse because I was focused on trying to get the dog right, or else missed focus. There's one or two other good ones but they have people in them that I don't want to share here as I didn't get permission.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Arcsech posted:

I went to an event over the weekend with a bunch of hounds, still getting used to this camera, which does mesh well with shooting high-speed subjects, but I got a couple good ones.

This nice close-up:
DSCF0286
by arcsech, on Flickr

And this action shot, which would be pretty good if there wasn't a dog butt in it:
DSCF0111
by arcsech, on Flickr

Pretty much all the others I hosed up the background even worse because I was focused on trying to get the dog right, or else missed focus. There's one or two other good ones but they have people in them that I don't want to share here as I didn't get permission.

Don’t worry about if people are in your photos - that is just a facet of modern life that someone has probably gotten a photo of you in the background and posted it online. If you are making money off of it then it can be different or if you are misrepresenting the person somehow. But the vast majority of the time (virtually all of the time) don’t worry about it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I did a short shoot for a friend yesterday, and something we both felt when looking at the pictures is wishing the leash wasn't in them. It felt at the time it was best to keep it on her, so I thought of giving it a stab in Photoshop despite that not being something I'm great at. So I took a random picture from the set and did a super fast attempt. This seem to be on the right lines? I'll take more time with processed ones that she'll print, mainly need to just use the clone stamp tool and try not to create repeating elements in the background yeah?

(SOOC shot other than the leash removal)

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 5, 2018

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I can't even see where it was so good job I say.

I've had to do the same thing because my dog is a moron and the leash permanently occupies the straightest possible line between whatever it's tied to and the furthest point he can get away from it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Awesome, appreciate that. I have such a fear of something going wrong without a leash I'd always prefer to play it safe. I barely trust my hound to get from the car to the front door.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

This is one scenario where the tiny little line in the extend-o-leashes is a good thing. Much easier to wipe out of a photo than a big strap.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

I got some fun new gear and wanted to see how far I could push it.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

a life less posted:

Holy gently caress, these are amazing. What exposure settings were you using for these? What lens/camera?

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

a life less posted:

Awesome!

Documenting my feline the old fashioned way.

DSC01286 by Andrew Burns, on Flickr

DSC01320 by Andrew Burns, on Flickr

DSC01356 by Andrew Burns, on Flickr

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

pseudorandom posted:

Holy gently caress, these are amazing. What exposure settings were you using for these? What lens/camera?

Thanks!

Gear was D5 + Nikon 300mm f2.8. Settings were something like 1/1000, F2.8, ISO 300 or so. ISO ended up getting pushed to 1k or so in a couple since we were losing the light as the day went on.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Scoops being a handsome boy

Rot
Apr 18, 2005

Megabound posted:

Scoops being a handsome boy

Hi handsome Scoops!

I'm working on a series of the dogs in my workplace.

Protip: photos of people's pets are a slam dunk that's impossible to miss, in terms of xmas presents.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

A sleepy gurl

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Blackhawk posted:

A sleepy gurl

That’s a good kitty.

I’m just getting around to dealing with holiday photos and forgot I took this one.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
Tilly came to say hi while I was doing some test shots at home. :3: Went too wide open and probably too far with the Lightroom, though.

She's a good catte, but a rescue (along with her kitten) and still very wary of people, I was pretty impressed with her sitting there while the shutter went off in her face.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Finally got a light stand, umbrella, flash mount, etc. So naturally, catwife testing occurred:

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

Posting again despite not having posted very long ago. :ohdear: But I'm taking this powdered stuff further and it's hella fun.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
How does the powder work? Are the dogs jumping through it or is it on them?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

The brown of the dog in the last one matches the orange of the sand to the point where it looks like a sand genie taking canine form or some poo poo. Fuckin' rad.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

a life less posted:

Posting again despite not having posted very long ago. :ohdear: But I'm taking this powdered stuff further and it's hella fun.

drat those are some magical pooches.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Catte dreaming of the jungle.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

Thom12255 posted:

How does the powder work? Are the dogs jumping through it or is it on them?

We just load the dogs up with powder along their backs before asking them to move. It's really fun.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Grats on getting Panda'd

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Hung out at a booth next to this pup over the weekend.

Sage by charliebravo77, on Flickr

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Went out with a friend who has two hunting dogs today to try and get some cool photos while they were training. First time trying to photograph this kind of thing but I'm pretty pleased having gotten some decent shots.

Gunnar by charliebravo77, on Flickr

Bingley vom Herbstmond by charliebravo77, on Flickr

More in the album if anyone cares to see more.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Those are some good doggos.

I'm still figuring out how to shoot Poppy. Black cats are hard.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Whenever I shoot a test roll I always end up with a lot of photos of Poppy and Scoops.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Megabound posted:

Whenever I shoot a test roll I always end up with a lot of photos of Poppy and Scoops.

Test roll? What subject could be more important?

sildargod
Oct 25, 2010

Trying out a Godox V860ii with a standard model dogge.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

sildargod posted:

Trying out a Godox V860ii with a standard model dogge.

I got ya fam

sildargod
Oct 25, 2010

Megabound posted:

I got ya fam

You rockstar you.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Circumstances put me in a pretty photogenic yard with the bf's photogenic as gently caress hunting dog and some much nicer lenses than I personally own or will be able to afford for quite some time

when I got home from that visit, my new 35mm prime had been delivered, so the dog photos were just beginning

At this point I realized this fast lens is great for freezing action. This revelation was very profitable for the dog:

She's trained to catch squirrels, simple hunks of food on a ballistic arc aren't even difficult. *homp*

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
You know that you don't have to publish every photo you take right? You can delete the bad ones and try again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

You can do the same thing with your opinions, hth