Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

e. The expanded stacking rules in TacOps do not contradict the above and specifically refer back to TW p57.

I've never allowed it, and for the sake of fairness both to the players and myself I don't change rules or (mis)interpretations thereof mid-mission (see also: using hasty movement to travel uphill back during Operation Himinbjörg. It's not allowed, but because I screwed it up once everyone got to benefit).

You are entirely correct and this will be allowed in future missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilty Monroe
Dec 27, 2006

Upon the frozen fields of arctic Strana Mechty, the Ghost Dads lie in wait, preparing to ambush their prey with their zippin' and zoppin' and ziggy-zoop-boppin'.

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Wow. Can I take credit for the massive rules sperging going on? (I proposed the most illegal moves this turn!) This will inevitable lead to thrown Mech miniaturs and lots of drama. And in the end will kill this thread. (yes/no/maybe?)

Serious post:
Rules discussions can be nice and stuff. But remember that the GM is always right. Unless he's an rear end. But I'm quite certain that this doesn't apply to PTN.

It's not tabletop gaming without heated arguments over the minutia of poorly worded rules!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
If you give one of my AC/20s a rear armor shot I'm going to take it no matter how risky it is. :psyduck:

Edit: At least giving the second AC/20 a rear armor shot was an accident due to insufficient MP.

Edit: Guys, please stop sending me torso-twist orders. I will twist you automatically to get as many of the weapons you tell me to fire on your target as possible. Most of the time torso-twist orders are completely unnecessary and just serve to clutter up your orders.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 19, 2014

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

If you give one of my AC/20s a rear armor shot I'm going to take it no matter how risky it is. :psyduck:

Edit: At least giving the second AC/20 a rear armor shot was an accident due to insufficient MP.

Oh god. Flip a coin I guess?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Baudin posted:

Flip a coin I guess?

I have two AC/20s. They both have someone they can shoot in the back.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Oh. Oh dear.

It's things like this that make for entertaining games (for those of us who are spectating from the peanut gallery, perhaps not so much for the recent recipient of an AC20 to the rear).

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
What I wouldn't give for a Shadow Hawk that didn't run the risk of being crippled by 3 SRMs.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

I've never allowed it, and for the sake of fairness both to the players and myself I don't change rules or (mis)interpretations thereof mid-mission (see also: using hasty movement to travel uphill back during Operation Himinbjörg. It's not allowed, but because I screwed it up once everyone got to benefit).

You are entirely correct and this will be allowed in future missions.

Yeah, that's completely reasonable and consistent, and I wouldn't have expected different. Obviously you've constrained your own forces by the ruling too. I hope I never come off as accusatory when we discuss rules minutiae; I'm just... well, OK, I'm a technical writer, and I enjoy looking up rules and figuring them out carefully and since I own the battletech rules in PDF form, it's easy to search them.

In general the battletech rules are much better written than, say, anything games workshop has ever published. But there are still areas of ambiguity or room for improvement in clarity.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Speaking of improvements in clarity: the Clint has attacked an empty hex the Charger as his primary target, and a different empty hex as his contingency target.

I don't mind if you use hex numbers instead of `Mech names, but empty hexes are valid targets so I would be completely within my rights to have you waste your shot. If you name the `Mech you want to shoot at you'll never have this problem.

To keep the Clint from wasting a turn shooting nothing I'm going to pick a target randomly from the valid targets it can see. :shobon:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

PoptartsNinja posted:

To keep the Clint from wasting a turn shooting nothing I'm going to pick a target randomly from the valid targets it can see. :shobon:

Would there be friendly mechs on that list? (just joking)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Friendly `Mechs aren't valid targets.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!

PoptartsNinja posted:

I... can't think of any way that this could be me, so godspeed all you other gentle folk.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Trundel posted:

I... can't think of any way that this could be me, so godspeed all you other gentle folk.

Just checked my orders to make sure that I indeed turned left towards the Dragon to take an AC/20 to the face and not the butt.

Wait did the Catapult retreat to 1430? I hope he did turn his back to the buildings. Otherwise he might take shot into his rear end (from said Dragon).

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Friendly `Mechs aren't valid targets.

Even pirates have some honoré?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Shoeless posted:

Even pirates have some honoré?

This isn't a PVP scenario. I won't do PVP, accidentally or otherwise, unless the scenario very clearly says PVP will be involved.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Wait did the Catapult retreat to 1430? I hope he did turn his back to the buildings. Otherwise he might take shot into his rear end (from said Dragon).

He did not. :downsgun:

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

At least he has that trailer hitch quirk.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Psion posted:

whew, good thing I'm in a Centurion instead! (I know, I know :v: )

but yes running for the move mod seems good to me. If I get hit, poo poo happens, PTN could always have terrible dice rolls. if I blow up in a glorious TAC ammo bin disaster, I'll be in good company. if I pull it off, we're in good shape to stop the Phawk, Gladiator, and Shadowhawk from existing in short order, roll up Blind Sal at our leisure, and tag-team the hell out of the King Crab.

I've got untouched armor and courier's gonna be all alone out there if I don't provide another target. I'm down. Besides, with the way the pilot list works I'll get another turn in 2019. By then I hope to have learned a few rules so I can do better!

Orders in: running to 1027, firing four SRMs at the Shadow Hawk. I want it dead. :getin:

Your defensive movement modifier is based on the actual number of hexes you have traveled, not how many MP you consumed doing so or whether it counted as a run or a walk on your part. 1027 and 1026 would both be 3-hex moves for you, garnering a +1 move mod. The extra turning to get to 1027 bumps the move up to a run and makes it harder for you to shoot, but it doesn't make it harder for the enemy to hit you.

Jumping adds a +1 bonus to your movement modifier in addition to the what would normally be given by the number of hexes you moved, but only counts the distance you traveled by the shortest possible path (so no, you cannot jump a 7-hex circle to land back where you started with a jacked up movement modifier).

Also, if I can't jump the Dragon, does that mean I need to change my orders?

If so, please have me Run to 1730, shoot everything at the Dragon as previously stated.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 19, 2014

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

PoptartsNinja posted:

What I wouldn't give for a Shadow Hawk that didn't run the risk of being crippled by 3 SRMs.

four, no?

or do you mean it will take three hits to cripple it? I dunno whatever, I shot a lot at it and that's what counts :v:

Voyager I posted:

Your defensive movement modifier is based on the actual number of hexes you have traveled, not how many MP you consumed doing so or whether it counted as a run or a walk on your part.

oh, well, live and learn. also I think Zest was planning on moving into 1026? There's a reason I wasn't planning on that hex aside from movement though I can't think of it exactly. This probably means "reason is dumb, eat an AC/20 to the rear end."

Psion fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 20, 2014

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Psion posted:

four, no?

5 leg armor. 3 SRMs to a leg is a crit with a chance to cripple.

Also, I'm surprised nobody has run inventory to see how many player weapons will function underwater.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

5 leg armor. 3 SRMs to a leg is a crit with a chance to cripple.

Also, I'm surprised nobody has run inventory to see how many player weapons will function underwater.

Mine work juuuuuuuust fine. :getin:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
King of the Pirates: Tactical Update 11

“Blind” Sal glared in horrified silence as the massive bulk of the enemy’s Charger rose into the air and fell, spread eagled, straight towards her. Her response was measured, deliberate, and aimed precisely. Not one of her shots went where she’d aimed. The crippling damage to the Quickdraw’s computers suffered in Jag Cordeaux’s midnight attack less than a month before had taken its toll, and while it wouldn’t be difficult to repair with the right board and microchips, Sal had had neither. Her hasty, jury-rigged repairs would hold, her Quickdraw would still fight, but she was as good as crippled. A medium laser shot that should’ve found one of the gaps in the Charger’s bulky armor missed clean, the other drew an angry orange line on the thick plating covering the Charger’s shin.

“Hell with this!” she roared, lunging towards the descending Charger. She threw her arm forward, catching it in the knee with her hatchet only to have that same arm smashed backwards and nearly crushed against her canopy as the Charger came down on top of her.

Movement Phase
Charger (player)
- Initiates a Death from Above!

Blackjack (player)
- Attempts to enter hex 0830, but has insufficient MP!

Clint (Player)
- Supercharger active, must pass a 5+ test to avoid engine damage: rolled 7, succeeds!
- Attempts to face hex 0927, but has insufficient MP!

Combat Phase
Motorized Infantry
- Swarm attack continues, infantry targets the Head (6 base + 0 range + 0 movement - 4 enemy movement + 4 called shot = 6): rolled 8, hit Head (0/9 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! 4 damage vented harmlessly! `Mech destroyed!

Charger (Player)
- Unable to fire!
- Gains 3 heat, sinks 10!

Warhammer (Player)
- Fires ER PPC at Phoenix Hawk (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 10, hit Building Hex 1128 (5/10 CF remaining), Right Arm (0/3 structure remaining)!
- - Damage transfers to Rear Right Torso (0/4 armor, 9/11 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires ER PPC at Phoenix Hawk (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 11, hit Building Hex 1128 (4/10 CF remaining), Left Leg (0/6 structure remaining)! Leg blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Rear Left Torso (1/4 armor remaining)!
- Fires medium laser at Quickdraw (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 8): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires medium laser at Quickdraw (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 44 heat, sinks 34! Overheating! Chance for Ammunition Explosion!

Catapult (Player)
- Fires SRM-4 at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 5, 2 missiles hit Center Torso (15/18 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Arm (2/18 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-4 at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 6, 3 missiles hit Right Arm (0/18 armor remaining), Center Torso (13/18 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Leg (16/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-4 at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires SRM-4 at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 9, 3 missiles hit Left Leg (13/26 armor remaining), Left Arm (10/18 armor remaining), Right Arm (7/9 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Fires SRM-4 at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 7, 4 missiles hit Right Torso (0/20 armor remaining), Head (5/9 armor remaining (Pilot hit!)), Right Arm (5/9 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Arm (3/9 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Fires SRM-4 at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 7, 4 missiles hit Left Torso (3/13 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Arm (1/9 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Leg (14/26 armor remaining), Right Arm (0/9 structure remaining (Arm blown off!))!
- - Damage transfers to Right Torso (12/13 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Fires SRM-4 at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 9, 2 missiles hit Center Torso (11/18 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Leg (11/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-4 at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 9, 4 missiles hit Center Torso (9/18 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Leg (9/26 armor remaining), Center Torso (7/18 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Torso (10/13 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Fires SRM-4 at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 4, 2 missiles hit Right Leg (12/26 armor remaining), Right Torso (8/13 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Fires SRM-4 at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 7, 4 missiles hit Right Leg (10/26 armor remaining), Center Torso (5/18 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Leg (8/26 armor remaining), Right Torso (6/13 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Gains 31 heat, sinks 28!

Chameleon (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 15!

Hunchback (Player)
- Fires Medium Laser at Dragon (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Apollo MRM-40 at Dragon (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Small Laser at Dragon (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (17/28 armor remaining)!
- Gains 18 heat, sinks 13! Overheating!

Centurion (Player)
- Fires SRM-6 at Shadow Hawk (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 at Shadow Hawk (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 8, 3 missiles hit Center Torso (10/12 armor remaining), Right Arm (3/5 armor remaining), Left Arm (3/5 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 at Shadow Hawk (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 9, 4 missiles hit Left Arm (1/5 armor remaining), Right Arm (1/5 armor remaining), Center Torso (8/12 armor remaining (TAC!)), Left Arm (0/5 armor, 8/9 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Fires SRM-6 at Shadow Hawk (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 6, 6 missiles hit Left Arm (6/9 structure remaining (Crit!)), Head (7/9 armor remaining (Pilot hit!)), Head (5/9 armor remaining (Pilot hit!)), Left Arm (4/9 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Leg (3/5 armor remaining), Center Torso (6/12 armor remaining)!
- Gains 18 heat, sinks 12! Overheating!

Blackjack (Player)
- Fires Medium Laser at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 10, hit Left Torso (0/18 armor, 13/14 structure remaining)! TAC!
- Fires Medium Laser at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 12, Left Leg (23/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (23/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (21/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (19/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (10/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 12, hit Right Arm (18/20 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Fires Machine Gun at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, hit Head (7/9 armor remaining)! Pilot hit!
- Fires Machine Gun at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (16/20 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Fires Machine Gun at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (21/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 10, hit Right Torso (8/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 11, hit Left Torso (11/14 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Machine Gun at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (6/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (17/28 armor remaining)!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 13!

Assassin (Player)
- Fires Large Laser at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Small Laser at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Small Laser at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Small Laser at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (18/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Laser at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (17/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Laser at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (13/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Laser at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Arm (10/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Laser at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 11, hit Head (4/9 armor remaining)! Pilot hit!
- Fires Small Laser at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Small Laser at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (14/28 armor remaining)!
- Gains 19 heat, sinks 22!

Battle Cobra (Player)
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 5, hit Left Torso (1/14 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Dragon (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks 28!

Clint (Player)
- Fires ER PPC at Awesome (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 7, hit Building Hex 0822 (1/10 CF remaining), Left Torso (15/24 armor remaining)!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 16!

King Crab
- Holds fire!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 44!

Dragon
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1729!
- Fires Autocannon/20 at Catapult (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (0/17 armor, 7/10 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Small Laser at Hunchback (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 8): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (17/20 armor remaining)!
- Gains 10 heat, sinks 10!

Griffin
- Holds fire!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 22!

Awesome
- Fires Autocannon/10 at Clint (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (9/19 armor remaining)!
- Fires Autocannon/10 at Clint (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Autocannon/10 at Clint (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 6): rolled 11, hit Right Leg (9/19 armor remaining)!
- Gains 9 heat, sinks 10!

Quickdraw
- Fires Medium Laser at Charger (6 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Charger (6 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (55/68 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-4 at Charger (6 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 11 heat, sinks 13!

Gladiator
- Unable to fire
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 13!

Shadow Hawk
- Fires Autocannon/5 at Charger (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (63/68 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Charger (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (41/52 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Charger (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, hit Left Arm (37/52 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-2 at Charger (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires SRM-2 at Charger (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, 2 missiles hit Center Torso (74/76 armor remaining), Left Arm (35/52 armor remaining)!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 14!

Phoenix Hawk
- Fires Autocannon/20 at Clint (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 6): rolled 10, hit Rear Left Torso (0/5 armor, 0/10 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed! Arm Blown Off! Heat Sink Destroyed! Heat Sink Destroyed!
- - Damage transfers to Rear Center Torso (1/6 armor remaining)!
- Gains 7 heat, sinks 10!

End Phase:
Charger (player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 6, succeeds!

Warhammer (Player)
- Must roll a 4+ to avoid Inferno Ammunition Explosion: rolled 5, succeeds!

Catapult (Player)
- Critical chance in Left Arm! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Upper arm actuator hit: +1 to-hit penalty with Left Arm weapons!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (7base + 1 massive damage = 8): rolled 7, fails!
- - Suffers 7 damage in the fall to Left Torso (19/24 armor remaining), Left Torso (17/24 armor remaining)!

Phoenix Hawk
- Critical chance in Right Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Jump Jet hit!

Gladiator
- Must roll a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 8, succeeds!
- Must roll a 5+ consciousness test: rolled 7, succeeds!
- Critical chance in Center Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Center Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Spikes hit!
- Critical chance in Left Torso! 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Spikes hit!
- - Critical hit transfers to Center Torso! Engine hit!
- Critical chance in Right Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Center Torso! 3 critical hits sustained!
- - Gyro hit!
- - Engine hit!
- - Gyro destroyed! `Mech destroyed!

Shadow Hawk
- Must roll a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 4, succeeds!
- Must roll a 5+ consciousness test: rolled 10, succeeds!
- Through-armor critical chance in Center Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Arm! 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Upper Arm Actuator hit!
- - Hand Actuator hit!
- Critical chance in Left Arm! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Shoulder Actuator hit!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 9, succeeds!

Dragon
- Must roll a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 5, succeeds!
- Must roll a 5+ consciousness test: rolled 7, succeeds!
- Through-armor critical chance in Left Torso! 1 critical hits sustained!
- - Critical transfers to Center Torso! Engine hit +5 heat/turn! Overheating!
- Through-armor critical chance in Right Arm! 1 critical hits sustained!
- - Shoulder hit!
- Through-armor critical chance in Right Arm! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 10, succeeds!

Physical Combat Phase:
Charger (player)
- Attempts to Flying Cross-Body Quickdraw (3 base + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 0 DFA - 3 skill difference = 4): rolled 7, hit for 24 damage Right Arm (6/11 armor remaining), Right Torso (9/14 armor remaining), Head (4/9 armor remaining (Pilot hit!)), Right Arm (1/11 armor remaining), Right Torso (5/14 armor remaining)!
- - Charger suffers 16 damage in the attempt to Right Leg (58/68 armor remaining), Left Leg (50/68 armor remaining), Right Leg (53/68 armor remaining), Left Leg (49/68 armor remaining)!

Hunchback (Player)
- Kicks Dragon (2 base + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 kick = 3): rolled 9, hit Left Leg!

Assassin (Player)
- Punches Dragon with Left Arm (4 base + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 0 punch = 8): rolled 3, miss!

Chameleon (player)
- Large Vibroblade deactivated, generates 0 heat!

Quickdraw
- Attacks Charger with Hatchet (6 base + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (40/68 armor remaining)!

Dragon
- Kicks Assassin (3 base + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 kick = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (2/16 armor remaining)!

End Phase:
Charger (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall: voluntarily fails!
- - Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (3 base + 1 massive damage + 1 fall = 5): rolled 9, succeeds!
- - Suffers 8 damage in the fall to Left Leg (44/68 armor remaining), Center Torso (71/76 armor remaining)!

Assassin (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 0 kicked = 4): rolled 4, succeeds!

Quickdraw
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 11, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall: flying crossbody forces failure!
- - Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (6 base + 1 massive damage + 1 fall = 8): rolled 10, succeeds!
- - Suffers 7 damage in the fall to Left Torso (9/14 armor remaining), Left Leg (13/15 armor remaining)!

Dragon
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 0 kicked = 3): rolled 7, succeeds!

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
Quickdraw
- Must pass a piloting test to stand (6 base - 2 careful stand = 4): rolled 8, succeeds!

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Mission Objective:
Defeat all enemies!

Secondary Objectives:
Individual Sub-Objectives Completed (0/11)

Orders Due: Saturday Night!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Nov 20, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That was a pretty effective turn, apart from the Catapult falling over.

Can someone help it stand up?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Charger planning to jump to 0529 and trying to Justice Foot the Shadow Hawk in the side of the face. Might go to 0428 just to build movement mod so I don't get shot up too terribly bad.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
You are prone, you have to stand up first. You can't stand and jump in the same turn.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

So many crit chances, so few crits. These mechs are made of air! But the luchador spectacle is delivering.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
...did the Phoenix Hawk get blown up? if not, where did it go :confused:

also is it wrecking ball time on Blind Sal? SURVEY SAYS, QUITE PROBABLY

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It lost a leg and it's weaponless, I removed it from play.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Got 'em. Left arm's hanging on by tendons, and right arm's gone stiff, and I fell over, but hey. Better I take it than someone worse off than me.

...so this Careful Stand I saw the Quickdraw do. -2 to my getting up roll, at the cost of what? My MP? My shooting phase? Can I turn while standing up?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Charger Running to 0429 to set up for another attack run.

apostateCourier fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 20, 2014

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Cloud Potato posted:

Got 'em. Left arm's hanging on by tendons, and right arm's gone stiff, and I fell over, but hey. Better I take it than someone worse off than me.

...so this Careful Stand I saw the Quickdraw do. -2 to my getting up roll, at the cost of what? My MP? My shooting phase? Can I turn while standing up?

Whoops, that's a typo. It's the left upper arm actuator that got hit.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
So the Phoenix Hawk is mission killed; both arms are gone, and it's lying on the ground with one leg waiting for the locals to finish stripping the Firestarter. The enemy landed some big hits, but not in critical locations, so all-in-all I'd say we came out pretty well.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Did I miscalculate my heat? I thought I end up with 17 - 13 heat. Walking + MRM (12) + ML (3) + SL (1) Or did I have leftover heat? Something I forgot to take note off. Since I only fired 2x ML last turn, I though I'd be at 0 entering this turn.

Also I'm still not hitting the Dragon with the MRM40. I'd need to know where the BJ is moving to, since I'd like to pursue the Dragon and help finish it. I guess we should finish here and then move on.

King crab.talk:
This will be tough if it remains on the bottom of the lake. Since it will be able to shoot our legs as we enter Level 1 water. Maybe the Charger could DFA it down in -L4? Is that even legal?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

All I really care about is that there is a kickass robot luchadore flying into dudes. I'm also really enjoying watching the MG boat just roll buckets of dice and peck-crits.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Cloud Potato posted:

Careful Stand gives -2 to the PSR to stand, at the cost of using all your MP. You can still select what direction you end up facing once you've stood up, but you'll have a 0 defense mod for movement since you didn't travel any hexes. You do not forgo your shooting.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If it was me, I'd say you were going to eat an AC20.

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

PoptartsNinja posted:

Speaking of improvements in clarity: the Clint has attacked an empty hex the Charger as his primary target, and a different empty hex as his contingency target.

I don't mind if you use hex numbers instead of `Mech names, but empty hexes are valid targets so I would be completely within my rights to have you waste your shot. If you name the `Mech you want to shoot at you'll never have this problem.

Apologies, I have some trouble distinguishing the mech icons on occasion, so I tried to be clearer. Unfortunately, I forgot to update the actual targets in the if then statement:

Orders for reference:

Zest on turn 10 posted:

Movement:

MAINTAIN SUPERCHARGER!

Turn to 1231 (1 MP)
Move to 1227 (6 MP)(4 standard hexes, 1 rough)
Turn to 1127 (1 MP)
Move to 1026 (1 MP)
Turn to 0927 (1 MP)

Sprinting (BEAST MODE!): 10 MP

Hexes moved: 7

Firing:
Fire last if at all possible to ensure possible target

ER PPC:

IF Enemy Mech at 0729 exists:
Target Enemy Mech at 0830

IF Enemy Mech at 0729 does NOT exist and Enemy Mech at 0727 exists:
Target Enemy Mech at 0930

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Cloud Potato posted:

Costs your movement phase, Good news is you can turn to any facing you want on a successful get up roll.

Charge should grab himself some of that Blind Sal, Do a little TAG TEAM ACTION with our friend with the STEEL CHAIR Wrecking Ball. And then suplex blind sal down a hex for a height 4 fall.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
Everyone else on the Dragon mind if I go for Back shots in 1932 this turn? I can get right behind him with all of my movement, and really want to try and get my special objective via back shots. Also ow, my lef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Shoeless posted:

Careful Stand gives -2 to the PSR to stand, at the cost of using all your MP. You can still select what direction you end up facing once you've stood up, but you'll have a 0 defense mod for movement since you didn't travel any hexes. You do not forgo your shooting.

AtomikKrab posted:

Costs your movement phase, Good news is you can turn to any facing you want on a successful get up roll.

Thanks both. So, carefully stand up and shoot the Dragon lots?

• Locked thread